[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is acknowledging transgender people considered SJW? Why can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 240x160
Why is acknowledging transgender people considered SJW? Why can't we just see it as another medical condition?
>>
It is a medical condition that we all acknowledge. These people want us to acknowledge that their delusions are correct.
>>
>>29942703
That's how I see it desu.

Usually they don't argue that genders don't exist or don't matter. Just that they had the wrong sex at birth.

Some people were born with ambiguous sex at birth even (it's rare though) and the doctors had to make a decision. They might have made the wrong decision.
>>
Why do people get mad at me when I say trannies have a mental illness?

That's what body dysmorphia is
>>
>>29942703
>Why can't we just see it as another medical condition
Because we don't need to subsidize cosmetic surgery and estrogen pills for mentally ill faggots.
>>
>>29942739
I mean what does "correct" even mean? They are what they are...People who believe that they are in the opposite gender as they are biologically. What's the whole argument about?
>>
File: check your gender privilege.jpg (208 KB, 1600x1950) Image search: [Google]
check your gender privilege.jpg
208 KB, 1600x1950
>>29942759
They tend to have a bunch of other things to go with it.

>"I'm trans. I'm also bipolar, depressed, manic and have mild Aspergers. My pronouns are..."
>>
>>29942703
People that willingly want to mutilate themselves are mentally ill. But that isn't PC. Calling them mentally ill hurts their feelings, and of course after a handful of studies saying that hurt feelings is equivalent to getting brutally beaten, we have to do our best to make sure no ones feelings are hurt.
>>
>>29942703
i assume most men don't want their penises and inherent masculinity reduced to something that can be gained or lost with surgery/pills/etc.

they're most likely afraid
>>
it's not a medical condition, it's a legit response to men being the disposable fucking gender

of course it's not perfect yet but that's like saying flight is dumb because you can't take a biplane across the pacific
>>
>>29942786
MtF aren't women, they're deluded men in women's clothing. FtM aren't men, they're deluded women in men's clothing. They want us to acknowledge that they're actually the opposite sex, and support their disgusting self-mutilation. People need to be coming up with an actual treatment to make these people feel comfortable in their bodies without hacking them to bits or pumping them full of hormones that shouldn't be there. For fuck's sake the suicide rate is exactly the same after transition no matter how tolerant the place.
>>
>>29942759
There is a difference between body dysmorphia and dysphoria. Not all trannies feel body dysphoria either therefore not all trannies have mental illnesses.
>>
>>29942844
>People need to be coming up with an actual treatment to make these people feel comfortable in their bodies without hacking them to bits or pumping them full of hormones that shouldn't be there.
there's most likely going to be a point in time where technology has advanced so that you can pretty much create a fully functional female body if someone desires one, without any of the negative effects of current methods.

a body is just a tool, and if these people feel they would be of more use as the opposite gender, how can you tell them no?

even some islamic countries have more support for trans people than some areas in USA.

it's okay to be wary of trans issues, because there are people who believe they're trans after suffering from abuse or as an attempt to escape themselves, but that's a small minority compared to the people who are happier after transitioning.
>>
>>29943046
>even some islamic countries have more support for trans people than some areas in USA
In these same countries it's also alright to throw fags off buildings. Dickgirls and ladyboys are acceptable because it's uncharted territory in the Islamic playbook and therefore no homo.
>>
>>29942808
>My feelings matter more than science
Isn't there some bible study you could go to?
>>
>>29942703
Because they're cute

Oregano
>>
>>29942703
We treat type I diabetics with hormones, there is no reason why we can't treat trannies with hormones.

Don't become a tranny if you don't like it.

>inb4 I'm paying for it.

Take that to the industry or the government.
>>
The current treatments for trans people do help.

Hormonal Treatment Reduces Psychobiological Distress in Gender Identity Disorder, Independently of the Attachment Style
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsm.12155/abstract

Hormonal therapy is associated with better self-esteem, mood, and quality of life in transsexuals.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24177489

Is Hormonal Therapy Associated with Better Quality of Life in Transsexuals? A Cross-Sectional Study
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02564.x/abstract
>The present study suggests a positive effect of hormone therapy on transsexuals' QoL after accounting for confounding factors.

Hormone-treated transsexuals report less social distress, anxiety and depression.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21937168

Quality of life and sexual health after sex reassignment surgery in transsexual men.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21699661
>Results of the current study indicate transsexual men generally have a good quality of life and experience satisfactory sexual function after SRS.

>>29942739
>>29942779
>>29942844
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.