[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy land in somewhere in nature cheap >get a shipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 275x183
>buy land in somewhere in nature cheap
>get a shipping container and turn it in to a house
>install solar panels for energy
>you can grow enough food for 4 people on just 2 acres of land
>grow a shit ton of weed (legally) and sell it aswell as excess electricity back to the grid, also have a mining rig set up to a solar panel
>live a chill life
>>
>>29942263

>>you can grow enough food for 4 people on just 2 acres of land
>>chill life

Someone's an idiot who romanticises farming. You probably think it's as easy as in videogames or something. Here's the truth: you'd die during the first winter. Idiot.
>>
>>29942434
>die during the first winter
>living in an area where "winter" is a thing
Just move to Florida or Cali, man.
>>
Only cucks aspire to live in faggot shipping containers. Build a house, pussy. If you're too bitch, get one made off-site and trucked to your land, much cheaper than hiring people to come to your land and build.
>>
water, insurance, internet...
>>
>>29942480
>water
well
>insurance
what for
>internet
cellular or satellite
>>
>>29942434
This. I know old adults that have been growing pot for 20 years and have the worst arthritus in all their bones. It's a constant job.
>>
>>29942263
>also have a mining rig set up to a solar panel

Curious; what would something like this look like?

For the right sort of person, a venture like this can be the best life of them all, but it takes someone like this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Neale
>>
>>29942263
>get a shipping container and turn it in to a house

why the fuck would you bother
>>
>>29942263
shipping container prices have been gouged to shit in the past few years due to all the interest in using them as housing material from homesteading hippies and the like

even an entry level solar panel rig (four 200W panels) is going to run you upwards of a thousand dollars, probably more if you actually plan on it being a grid tied setup since you'll need to pay someone to install it

as for growing your own food, what are you going to do subsist entirely off of vegetables? you plan on owning livestock or are you going to buy meat and dairy from a nearby store? if that's your plan how will you pay for it. if your plan is to raise livestock, how will you get the animals? how will you pay for them? how will you pay for feed? will you grow and make your own feed, taking up valuable farming space for non-food crops? what are you going to build their shelter and enclosures out of and how are you going to pay for it? as for weed, good fucking luck competing with established weed suppliers in states where it's legal.

tl;dr retarded ass plan that costs a shitload to setup, a shitload more to maintain, and will produce a fairly mediocre quality of life
>>
I've looked into this. In my shit country (UK), land is zoned into agricultural, forestry, housing, industrial etc. etc. and the restrictions on building on land designated as forestry or agricultural are really strict. Forestry land is the cheapest available normally, often sold for leisure or commercial silviculture and getting any kind of permission to build on it is nigh on impossible. Because we have so little forests left, and a massive housing bubble, the forestry commission comes down on any illegal builds hard.

Building my own house is a dream. I want to move to America or Brazil or something, where you've got tons of land and you don't get bullied by government cunts.
>>
Better off living in a van or suv, shower at gym. And have a job.

That's $50-$100 on rent (insurance and car payment)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.