[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oldbots with shit jobs, do you feel ashamed working a not so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Oldbots with shit jobs, do you feel ashamed working a not so prestigious job?
>>
I'm 29 soon and Ive never had a job.

I lost all sense of shame a few years ago.
>>
>>29940515

Sometimes. Not as much anymore.
>>
>>29940573

IDK hows that even possible unless you actually have a disability
>>
>>29940573
>I'm 29 soon and Ive never had a job.
you live with parents or have a lot of money?
did you go to college?
>>
49 grand arch mage here. I work a wagecucc job in Mr. Goldstein's office as an accountant. I don't care. People in my office laugh at me behind my back. I don't care. I'm just tired. I'll work any amount of hours just to take my mind off my pathetic life.
>>
>>29940652
Diagnosed mental disability?

>>29940665
Live with parents, they're not rich, but they earn more than average

They're the type of parents wouldn't ever kick me out or anything, they sort of live in their own little fantasy world that "everything will work out in the end". But as of lately they've sort of accepted the fact I'm fucked.

The recently sat me down and said something like "the boat has sailed, your life is pretty much fucked" and that their main goal in their life now as parents is to make sure they leave me enough money for me to survive on when they're gone.
>>
My job pays well but is awful.

I just want a young girlfriend again
>>
>>29940652
Not him but I have high functioning autism. My total NEET time is five years. I'd have a job by now but I wanted to study first.

People who say it's not a real diagnosis are idiots, but it's true that society coddles us. It's almost politically incorrect to have expectations on an autistic individal. No one has ever encouraged me to get a job, I just kept getting those NEET bucks for years on end.
>>
>>29940727

Can't be that bad if it pays well
>>
>>29940840
at one point I considered freezing to death just to avoid it.
>>
>>29940713
Good for you man. My mom died in 2009 (I was 26 then), and I basically just gave up and stopped working at the beginning of 2010. my dad paid my rent and gave me money for groceries for a while, then he said if i go back to school he'd keep supporting me. So I did, but he was bullshitting me and the situation forced me to take out about 25k in student loans. He retired during this time so he's on a fixed income and he has led me to believe that he's now in debt too. There's nothing for me after he's gone, and now I have shittons of debt and he kind of makes me feel like an asshole about everything. You should be very appreciative that you have parents who will support you. There's no reason for everyone on Earth to work mindless jobs. It's terrible. Anyway, I haven't worked in six years and i got an AA, so things could be worse i guess
>>
>>29941051

No wonder your dad hates you
>>
>>29940515
I know I can't do better, but I still feel ashamed because apparently if I come from a middle class family I should have done better.
>>
I am an investment banker, pretty much as prestigious as it gets. Not every robot is a failure.
>>
>>29941093
I don't give a shit. This life is insanely stupid and terrible. Why anyone actually cares enough to put effort into this sham of a society is beyond me. There's enough wealth to go around. Give me a million dollars and let me smoke weed and make music in peace so i dont have to interact with the horrendpus faggots that populate this earth. There's literally no reason why this shouldn't happen. Honestly if someone had something worthwhile for me to do, I'd do it, butbafter three decades of being surrounded by you cunts im not eager to give anything back.
>>
I'm 32 and a janitor and it doesn't seem like I have any better options available. I'm not ashamed of it but I know how lame it is and that it makes me toxic to women (not that I would date anyone no matter what job I had).
>>
File: 1431672743789.png (91 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
1431672743789.png
91 KB, 630x686
>>29940515
I'm 24 but yes. every day. it's the biggest problem in my life at the moment
>>
>>29941128
how do you even get into this?
>>
>>29941128
>investment banker
>robot
pick one
>>
>>29941328

Business major>internship>job
>>
no
i dont give a shit about prestige
but ppl give me shit about it

i fucking hate this stupid ass society
>>
>>29941522
>>29941328
>Business major>internship>nepotism>job
Alternatively
>Business major>internship>unemployment>suicide
>>
>>29941302
Does it pay well enough? It's better than having to deal with customers at least.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.