[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinions on Nihilism and its philosophers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: friedrich-w-nietzsche-granger.jpg (173 KB, 695x900) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-w-nietzsche-granger.jpg
173 KB, 695x900
What's your opinions on Nihilism and its philosophers?
>>
nihilism is the same empty placeholder as utilitarianism, there is no 'value'. but it's not like it matters.
>>
>>29939307
It would be nice if people understood it beyond "le nothing matters" for a change.
>>
Nihilism is correct, but I wish it wasn't. I wish I could believe in God
>>
>>29939307

so obvious and necessary it makes humans look even more retarded for taking so long to produce a schopenhauer and a nietzsche
>>
>>29939307
differnet philosophical perspectives correlate to different perspectives, some of which are cultural (relative) and some of which are developmental (absolute (all humans go through the same stages in the same order)).

Nihilism is a branch of philosophy based on a developmental level that only emerged on a mass scale in the 1960s, but whose seeds were sown in the mid-late 1800s, namely the level of development that corresponds with self-transcendence.

What does this mean?

It means that all previous philosophy was based on perspectives where the ego-self was the unconsciously-held center of experience, and nihilism and other existentialist philosophies were the first on a world scale to recognize that experience is not rooted to the personl self (the ego).

As such, I find it infinitely fascinating. It gave birth to a shape and form for our world that is capable of rooting itself in experiences that are NOT had by the self, i.e. experiences that are the exact negatives to what is experienced.

The annihilation of meaning has paved the way for so much more meaning. I think this is underappreciated.

I doubt, for example, that we would ever have had teenage mutant ninja turtles or pokemon if a vast swath of creatives hadn't had existential crises based on the thoughts of these pioneers. You sort of have no not be too attached to this world to come up with that shit.
>>
>>29939307
>nietzsche was a nihilist
Most people can't distinguish Nihilism, Absurdism and Extentialism.

Nearly all normies don't even know what nihilism is.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.