[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know some of you guys have actual diagnosed autism, my mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: life.png (148 KB, 634x627) Image search: [Google]
life.png
148 KB, 634x627
I know some of you guys have actual diagnosed autism, my mom said she thinks I have aspergers. My question is what is the difference between that and anxiety? I looked on google but it didnt help
>>
>>29938607
I think one is neurological and the other is psychological.

You can treat and prevent anxiety, but Autism is shit you'll always have.
>>
>>29938607
>I started talking to a girl.
>She likes history.
>If I had anxiety I would be worried.
>I'm an autist so I looked her up in the census and tried to find her genealogy because that's history....
Big difference kid
>>
>>29938801
>She likes history.
>If I had anxiety I would be worried.
I don't get why you'd be worried if someone likes history.
>>
>>29938854
because anxiety makes you worried all the time
>>
>>29939198
maybe you understand autism but you don't understand anxiety

>>29938607
apparently a lot of autistic people have anxiety too but i would say the biggest markers of autism that are not present in anxiety are
>not being able to understand social cues, unstated social conventions without them being explicitly explained to you
>sensory or perceptual differences and behaviors to reduce the anxiety caused by these issues

i supposedly have social anxiety disorder but i suspect i'm not "neurotypical" (though i'm almos certainly not autistic/aspergers) because i have some issues that seemingly overlap with autism but i am also extremely socially perceptive. i think labels don't really matter as much as identifying issues and working to correct or compensate for them.
>>
>>29938607
any special interests

anything you put a disproportionately long time reading about/learning about/doing

are you a visual thinker

mild ocd-esque behaviors

anxiety depression

only way to know for sure is a formal diagnosis
>>
>>29939548
video games
obsessed with vidya
like do I try to picture things like a story or something?
I guess I twitch and move alot
both
The doctor said he think I have shizo because I hear the tv on when it really isn't and I sometimes see something run by me.
>>
>>29939610
eh vidya might be escapism. are you interested in video game history/certain series. it could very well be an indicator but the nature of the activity makes it hard to judge. have you ever had a longstanding interest in something like aircraft and are able to name models for example

are you able to picture things very easily or have a natural talent for art. this one isnt definite as far as i know but is common. i am able to picture things extremely easily, best way i can describe it is having a built in image editing program in your mind

twitching is suspect as it could be stimming

both are often co-morbid

not sure about that lat one but you can try multiple doctors. imo is good if you can avoid telling them what you figure you might have
>>
>>29939771
I mean as a kid I was obsessed with spiderman, now I feel like I get obsessed with things for awhile before moving to something else. Like lately I've been really into sonic.

like I can picture a book, I can picture the things that are going on and what the people look like for the most part, but I can't read adult books.

yeah I should see another doctor anyways because mine currently is kind of mean he tells me everytime I need to get a life.
>>
>>29939846
desu it sounds like a possibility

theres other stuff like avoiding eye contact, missing social cues etc.

you could take an online test but its by no means a guarantee

did the doctor interview your parents because there are some early childhood indicators that really help with the diagnosis
>>
>>29939966
I can't make eye contact at all. no the doctor didn't interview them I went to a ward a few months ago because I tried to kill myself in a stupid way but my mom is gonna talk to the doctor once I move back to her house next month.
>>
File: 1434022800953.gif (27 KB, 743x535) Image search: [Google]
1434022800953.gif
27 KB, 743x535
>>29940009
really should get it checked out. my therapist has said that she has autistic clients that have initially been said to be schizophrenic

getting diagnosed wont fix you though and may leave you self pitting or unwilling to try because you figure whatever you do youll always be behind
>>
>>29940076
I just want to know what's going on in my head, I don't really see stuff getting better probably just gonna be stuck a neet and nice gif.
>>
File: 1434022800952.gif (114 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1434022800952.gif
114 KB, 550x400
>>29940112
there is a certain comfort in knowing more about yourself

good luck m8
>>
File: thumbsupp.gif (319 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupp.gif
319 KB, 350x254
>>29940147
thanks anon and thanks for the chat.
>>
>>29938607
Can you at least fake human interaction without being called out as a selfish or weird robot? I want you to seriously think about the answer.
>>
>>29940199
I don't think I can fake human interaction it just happens no one calls me those because I'm mostly home
>>
>>29939548
>>29939548
Shit guys. Do you even realize what we are doing here ? These things arent even a fucking illness. every human is expected to be exactly thesame today.
Brave new world...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.