[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any insecurities you have that almost cripple you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 8nLFCVP.png (44 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
44 KB, 657x527
Are there any insecurities you have that almost cripple you?
Me, whenever I'm in public and I see a girl as tall as or taller than me (I'm 5'8), I'm immediately saddened and embarrassed because I feel like she's looking at me and thinking I'm a manlet.
>>
Unattractive face and wearing glasses. All social interactions start out on the wrong foot I'm afraid.
>>
That this entire reality is a cosmic trap and somewhere there is an entity that gets off on this
>>
File: 1453770229906.jpg (48 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1453770229906.jpg
48 KB, 370x359
>>29935718
I'm very shy and I can barely look people into the eyes. It feels really akward and I can't help it.

>go to a meeting with a job coach to get me started with job searching
>she asks me alot of questions and looks me straight in the eyes
>look her in the eyes for 1.5 seconds and then look down in the ground again
>slowly tearing up

>mfw I'm going to have a conversation with someone and force myself to look them in the eyes
>>
>>29935718
I was in a store today and saw tall 5'11-6'2 girl I came up to her chest I'm genuinely say to myself inside Christ you short bastard
>>
>>29936322
I saw multiple, man. It hurts. Bad.
Worst part is, I'm fine with my height, but I don't think they are.
>>
Acne. Brings me from an 8.5 down to a 4.
>>
>>29935718
My small penis has pretty much ruined my life and the cause of my hikki ways
>>
>>29936051
Good trick to overcome this is to just look at their eyebrows, to them its looking youre making straight eye contact
>>
File: 48707370.png (213 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
48707370.png
213 KB, 1000x1144
>>29935718
Bone deformities. They cripple me from enjoying life a way that anybody would define as ordinary. I can't describe the frustration they give me. but surprisingly and pleasantly they don't cause me to act insecure in front of people because I know they couldn't care less about them either way. Even if they're judging me, it has no effect on me. I'm quite aware of the pettiness of holding people accountable for things that are truly beyond their control. You can't influence your own genetic defects or bone structure, only muscle, fat, etc.
It may seem strange, but they personally affect me profoundly negatively, but I feel no guilt, shame, embarrassment or anything like that about them in relation to others. I genuinely couldn't care less about what others may or may not think of them and/or me. It's an odd hell.
>>
File: 1452217489894.png (214 KB, 534x406) Image search: [Google]
1452217489894.png
214 KB, 534x406
>>29936533
>Brings me from an 8.5 down to a 4.
>>
>>29935718

She could be getting embarrassed at how tall she is and thinks everyone's looking up at her and thinking she's a giant

>Are there any insecurities you have that almost cripple you?

man tits
>>
>>29935718
>Average face
>/fit/
>Able to put up a normie facade

>None of this matters because I'm 5'7
>>
>>29937019
I think that sometimes.
Only problem is, I'm highly empathic and I don't want anyone to feel insecure, but there's no way to fix it.
>>
>>29937035
being 5'7 actually ain't too bad. I dunno where you live, but I live in Nevada at 5'8. I'm over the heads of most men and women by at least a few inches, especially in shoes when I'm 5'10.
>>
>>29936051
OP here. I have this too sometimes. The thing that makes me angry is that if you make eye contact for too long, it's considered a symptom of autism. But if you don't make eye contact for long enough, it's considered a symptom of autism.
WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO.
>>
>>29937114

>but there's no way to fix it

You're slightly bellow average and might be shorter then a fraction of women. The issue is their probably isn't one to begin with. Overthinking things like these is apart of social anxiety, which is possibly the real issue?
>>
>>29936355
Well if you're fine with your height why do you still feel bad when you see a taller girl? Dont mmake no sense mang
>>
>>29937283
Maybe. I should try getting to therapy, man.
If only more therapists were a bit more robot and understanding.
>>
>>29937352
I think the only real reason is due to places like r9k getting it subconsciously ingrained in me that I'm not tall enough even though I kinda am and it's been proven through generations including a bit of my life.
>>
>>29937159
There's nothing wrong to make eye contact for too long. In fact, it's a good thing.
>>
>>29935718
I keep thinking someone will recognise me and flee in terror because they think I'm going to kill them. I kind of went off the deep end at the end of highschool and disappeared. A lot of people think I died.

I tried talking to one of my sisters old friends from school on okc and not only did I get no response, she wiped her profile. That sort of fed the whole people recognising me and thinking I'm a fucking lunatic complex.

Physically I'm fine though. I need a haircut but it's not going to kill me.
>>
>>29937462
Huh, sounds like a weird ass situation.
I'm sort of the same way with my family. I was collecting firearms by age 13, as well as being very depressed and quick to anger due to an unfortunate living situation, so they just sort of dropped me out of fear.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.