[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your mother, robot. Questions to consider: What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: freud.jpg (64 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
64 KB, 768x432
Tell me about your mother, robot.

Questions to consider: What is/was she like? What relationship do you have with her? What are her best and worst qualities? Do you consider it her fault you're a robot? What has she taught you about women?
>>
>What is/was she like?
She's very different from normal women. She grew up in a single father household with her brother. She was, from an early age, doing all the housework. She's the perfect housewife.

>What relationship do you have with her?
A very good one. I'm like her in many regards.

>What are her best and worst qualities?
Best:
She doesn't care about fashion. She has no use for political correctness. She's a great mother, perhaps a little overprotective.

Worst:
It's impossible to lie to her. She's getting older and her mental capabilities are deteriorating quickly. She has no problems making me feel uncomfortable in the presence of others.

>Do you consider it her fault you're a robot?
Definitely. But I'm doing fine these days and wouldn't even call myself a robot anymore.

>What has she taught you about women?
She herself doesn't know much about women. Being raised by a single father who was very restrictive in terms of partying and having boyfriends, she has almost no experience with how typical women behave. She's a strategist who is in it for the long game, she doesn't seem to care about short term pleasures at all, which is very untypical for women these days.

She failed (or maybe my Dad did) at raising my sister, who is a narcissistic slut that makes bad decisions every time she has the chance.
>>
>>29934487
Why do robots always answer every question posted in the OP, even when they're obviously just there to inspire repliers? This isn't a questionnaire.
Classical sign of autism.
>>
>>29934527
I just felt like it
>>
File: image.gif (994 KB, 499x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
994 KB, 499x320
My mother worked, was almost never around, and when she was arond she was usually doing other work.
My memorable interactions with her are of her studying with me and going over homework because all she cared about was my grades. And she did this until I got out of high school and went to college so she literally had to fuck off.

My issues come from both my parents I'd say. Plus my own shit introverted personality. But maybe if they fave a damn about anything other than grades I'd be better off where it matters (social capabilities).
>>
File: 2016-07-13-18-15-33-607696350.jpg (6 KB, 224x133) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-13-18-15-33-607696350.jpg
6 KB, 224x133
>>29934283

My foster father (uncle) never talked about her, and she died giving birth to me. From what I can gather she was a bit of a wild one, really into horseback riding and that kind of thing. My uncle promised to tell me more about it when he got back from a business trip, but died while away.

She was supposed to marry his drunk buddy, but that didn't work out and she ran off with Chad, who would become my father. This led to same bad blood and a feud between my uncle's family and Chad's. Chad's dad killed my uncle's dad and brother, and my uncle's buddy ended up killing Chad. Eventually some blonde kid with an incest fetish killed Chad's dad, and my uncle's buddy took his job.

Also I am the king in the North
>>
>>29934951
I just started the series, have only watched ep 1 so far.

The nudity is laughably gratuitous. I mean, I'm pretty sure there was more nudity than violence in just that first ep.
>>
File: 1468308830291.jpg (55 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1468308830291.jpg
55 KB, 1008x720
>What is/was she like?
When I was a child she was uncaring, cold and a control freak. Argumentative. So was I. Didn't mix well. We were worst enemies at war every day. After the divorce I moved in with my dad. In the 7 years since then she has become a much happier individual. New husband, new family, new life. A full on normie. Now she often feels happiness, sadness, and just overall a wide range of emotions I never saw from her before. She can be extremely cold and OCD still, but she's much warmer to be around. Of all the people I know (which is like 5) her presence made me the most comforted. It felt... motherly. She's the only person I haven't disowned in my mind, but I don't trust her. She abandoned me 7 years ago. I can't forget that.

>What relationship do you have with her?
After the divorce I went to live with my dad. In the 7 years since then I have seen her maybe 20 times. She called on the phone once every few months and talked to me about shit I have nothing to do with, her happy life. It made me feel empty inside. Whenever I told her how my life was going I could feel the sadness seeping through in her voice. My voice is just empty, monotonous, devoid of feeling. I would force empty laughs between talking about not leaving the house for a few years and never leaving my bed. I stripped the energy and life out of her every time we talked. I realized I was just a burden to her new life, so I told her I didn't want to talk to her or see her ever again. It's been a year since then. If only I never existed. I feel like I don't exist anymore. I hope she doesn't care about me.

>What are her best and worst qualities?
I don't want to think about this anymore.

>Do you consider it her fault you're a robot?
No. I don't blame anyone. What's the point in that, not like it'll change anything or make you feel better about your failures. They're still there.

>What has she taught you about women?
Nothing. My parents taught me nothing in general.
>>
File: 1466058544605.jpg (82 KB, 902x713) Image search: [Google]
1466058544605.jpg
82 KB, 902x713
>>29935039

Sorry about the spoiler, desu. Pls forgive me
>>
My mother was the kind of stern parent that used to make me hold her arm, open the car door for her, and even go on "dates" in the name of teaching me "how to treat a lady". That might not sound like a big deal, but as a young child it felt like I was her mini-husband. At that age, I was able to distinguish what romance was, however primitive my understanding of it was. I recognized all of these things she made me do as romantic gestures. And I was extremely uncomfortable with it because another thing I heavily associated with romance was sex, and my autistic toddler logic led me to fear that she would try to do something like that next.

To this day, I wince whenever someone touches my arm like that. Anytime the idea having a girlfriend crosses my mind, that same uncomfortable invasive feeling comes back. I don't think I could have intimacy in my life even if I wanted it.
>>
>>29934283
>What is/was she like?
She was a little strict, couldn't watch anything that the other kids could. She had me reading at a very early age, which lead me to believe i was intelligent, which MAY have lead to robotism.
She's a teacher by occupation.

>Good relationship with her

>Best Qualities:
She always gave me attention when I needed it.

>Worst:
Never changes her mind. Sometimes hypocritical. Was often dishonest about her reasons for doing things in my childhood.

>Might have been her fault, as said above. But who's gonna blame her for teaching her son to read and telling him he's smart? It helped me academically at the least.

>She taught me nothing about women. I had nothing but my warped idea of equality. Coming to this board actually helped me realise things I should've noticed myself. Showed me different opinions on the role of women and how to be fair so that I could come to my own conclusion.
No I don't mean the exaggerated killallwomen stuff
>>
>>29934283
I used to really resent her for separating from my dad when I was 8 but after a long time I saw it was the only move she could make. I love mum. She loves me.

She's a smart woman and she's put herself in danger to save me and my sister in the past. She's very brave and dedicated. Her worst characteristic is her short attention span and how quickly she gets frustrated she she doesn't understand something.

I'm a robot for other reasons.

I can't hold her as exemplary of women, so directly or indirectly she's taught me nothing.
>>
My mother is a good person at heart, but she's been dealt consecutively shitty hands over her life. Out of all the shit she had to deal with three events damaged her the most, the death of her father, my own father almost getting out house repossessed when I was a baby, and a major betrayal by her friend and their business partner that resulted in her losing her job. She's carried that with her until recently were she has started to unwind a bit.

There's a lot I could say about her, what I will say is that she wasn't a good mother but she was a good provider. As shitty as things got she always provided for my every need, and overstate how grateful I am for that.
Perhaps at one point she was softer, warmer, and more motherly but that was well before I knew her. The reality is that the death of her father and the decaying of her marriage, which followed closely on its heels, snuffed much of that out.
What was left was the drive to provide resources to her only son and to see that is top of everything he does.

To put it lightly, I had pressure to preform and nothing was ever good enough.
This top down pressure resulted in resentment and even hostility during my high school and first year of university.
I ended up moving to the other end of the country for sometime after that.

Since then I've come back and really taken the time to start to try and take the time to patch things up with her. And honestly it's been going pretty well, it's helped a lot that she's mellowed out over the last few years.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.