[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Repect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
What does a woman have to do to earn your respect? What will make you treat her the way you would a man?
>>
Be smart and reasonable.
>>
>>29933783
If she is willing to entertain viewpoints and perspectives before dismissing them outright, then she has my respect. Empathy and intelligence are the two big things I look for, desu.
>>
>>29933783

It's almost impossible to treat a woman the same way we would a man. Men and women are fundamentally different, and men are conditioned to pedestalize women and go hard on their fellow men.

To earn my respect, all a woman has to do is not be a slut or a whore, and don't be a rude cunt. That's about it. I don't feel like being a "real man" and taking abuse from a cunt just so they can feel better about themselves.
>>
File: lel.jpg (144 KB, 923x431) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
144 KB, 923x431
you're asking for something that is not possible
>>
>>29933783
>What will make you treat her the way you would a man?

Being unattractive enough that I don't want to pursue them romantically.
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (108 KB, 1101x617) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
108 KB, 1101x617
>No shit tests
>Doesn't get offended easily
>Doesn't complain/use me as emotional tampon
>Doesn't talk shit about random people to feel better about themselves
>Doesn't do things for attention, but for enjoyment (see this a lot with videogames)
>Doesn't have to be the center of attention in every situation
>Doesn't shit on others' interests/hobbies for no reason

Few things off the top of my head.
>>
She would have to suck my dick. I won't respect any man unless he's willing to give a blowie.
>>
>>29933783
A big brain, not a sheep and strong values,
If I respect her, I fall in love with her. I cant avoid it
>>
>>29933783
>implying i have respect for any human being other than my grandfather/grandmother and john carmack/john romero
these are the only people alive who are worth respecting, OP. everyone else deserves the same amount of respect i give myself, ie, none.
>>
tfwno chihaya gf
>>
>>29933783
not be a woman
>>
>>29933885
If you can, entertain the idea that because the the difference between how most men and women are raised, any means of disagreement or disapproval were coupled with the mindset of "Be seen, not heard"
I think as women mature, it wears down on them and affects them in such a way that they adhere to the request, or get frustrated at the feeling.

Some things you can do to calm someone down in a state of distress or panic is ask them how what you said made them feel, or what they thought you meant. If its vastly different, try and keep a level head and get to the bottom of the distorted view.
Be genuine, also. If it isn't worth getting to the bottom of the issue, then you should cut ties and wish them the best.
>>
>>29934045
Try to "broad"en your horizons, anon!
>>
>>29933819
>>29934031
Try to engage your female friend in her interests and hobbies as well as you own with sincerity. She may be quite knowledgeable in fields you never thought to explore.
>>
>>29933783
Beat me at something, get respect. Outsmart me. Show some insight.

I will never treat a woman like a man though. It doesn't stem from respect. It's more fundamental than that.
>>
Genuine interest in something. Ideally even stronger knowledge of shared interests than I have, but that isn't necessary, just as long as whatever it is they care about is purely because they themselves care about it and not because the people around them do.
>>
>>29933783
I honestly would never respect a woman the same I do a man.
>weak
>most of the time not very intelligent or don't show it
>only really offers companionship and sex
>annoying
>>
>>29934002
A few of those things seem like personal issues that all humans tend exhibit. However, try to put yourself in their shoes if someone seems to be acting ridiculous for reasons unknown!
If someone seems to be acting out or perusing hobbies for attention, think; "Why do they need attention?" or "Why do they feel they aren't getting enough?"
>>
File: 1451975350546.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1451975350546.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>She must have watched at least 100 animes (mainstream anime doesn't count)
>She must have read at least 80 mangas
>She has to know how to program in at least 3 different languages
>She must have done at least one project using Arduino or Raspberry Pi
>She does appreciates the fine art of JRPGs
I'd have nothing but the utmost respect for this woman.
>>
>>29934333
If those are the only qualities you find redeeming, you may want to reassess your morals. Empathy, willing to understand, interest in you and your life, and knowledge in fields you may seem "uninteresting", are not negative traits.
>>
>>29933783
She has to be a stemfag in college or has gotten their degree in stem. That's it.

This isn't just for women, but for all people as a baseline. If they're not a stemfag then they can just be knowledgeable in some type of science.
>>
>>29933783
Be a decent person.
>>
>>29934336
Women seem to do those things more often than men from what I've experienced. Also in male-dominated hobbies like videogames or tabletob games, etc, women get attention just for being women and don't make any effort to get better at whatever they're doing. Really rustles me.
>>
Just be someone who's easy to get along with.
>>
>>29933783
>What does a woman have to do to earn your respect?
Just be nice and honest (which is hard nowadays).

I think this is impossible.
>>
>>29933783
Be truthful

stand by your word
>>
>>29934388
I never said they were it's just those don't give me the same amount of respect for women. I've had female friends, and they were all obnoxious and annoying. not bad people just they always tried to start trouble with the other guys.
>>
>>29933783

If a woman makes an intelligent comment or argues effectively, I automatically look at her with respect. It's very hard to hear either a man or woman make an intelligent argument in real life though.

If a woman is promiscuous and easy, I lose all respect for her and if a man impregnates a woman and leaves or doesn't take care of it, I lose any respect I had for him too.

I find intelligence an incredibly sexy trait for a woman to have.
>>
>>29933783
Literally impossible
>>
I've only respected 1 woman in my entire life and she was basically a man mentally
>>
File: imgOrig92.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
imgOrig92.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>29934195
Thats how i fell in love for the first time (at 20, not even young).
Worst mistake of my life. Once I got close, I discovered that she was just another slut. She told me that she cheated on her boyfriend at the time, with a hot guy in a party while she was drunk. Her boyfriend looked like the cartoon of a nerd and he was a sweet guy, so I got angry and I stoped talking to her.
Then I attempeted to kill myself, failed, and now Im just another broken human that calls himself a robot.
Fun life
>>
>>29933783
nothing. I'm probably gonna be weird around you if you're at least 5/10
>>
>>29934498
Try to bring it up in a nonthreatening way. Most people dismiss misunderstandings as rudeness.
Also, try to keep in mind not treating women differently (inferior, prize to be won.) It makes it so there is no need for a disconnect that allows special attention or alienation due to sexualization or disrespect.
>>
File: Mulan-disneyscreencaps.com-3154.jpg (123 KB, 854x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mulan-disneyscreencaps.com-3154.jpg
123 KB, 854x1080
If they could dress up like a man and actually make someone believe they are male that's pretty much instant proof.

But seriously, I think what alot of robots hate about most women is the same as what they hate about normies. Almost identical.

We want people to show that they can back up their beliefs with evidence and unflawed logical reasoning.
Most importantly they have to be capable of seeing when they are wrong. I pride myself on being able to enter an argument with the purpose of finding the truth, not proving myself right.

Alot of robots ACTIVELY QUESTION THEIR OWN MOTIVES and try to avoid their emotions getting in the way of the truth.

pls ignore the /pol/fags and shit spewing as much crap as an SJW.
>>
>>29933783
The answer to both of those question is 'nothing.' Gender has little, if anything, to do with how much I respect a person. At the same time, I still view men and women differently in more subtle ways, like empathizing more with women and less with men, and nothing is going to change that.
>>
>>29933783
>talk quietly
>be humble but stand her ground
>be quiet
>be decisive
>be comfortable acting alone
>be uplifting and positive
>know that "uplifting and positive" =/= "loud and fake"
>give freely of her body when she knows it's earned
>give freely of her love when she knows it's earned

basically being an average man. so nothing will ever make me treat them as men.
>>
>>29933783
Maybe wait for several minutes before inhaling a stranger's cock.... oh who are we kidding here, no self respecting person can respect another woman aside from maybe a proud loving mother or chaste intelligent sibling or relative.
>>
>>29934761
Some people are less honest out of fear of your reactions. Think about how you react to bad news or negativity. Is it violent, or angry?
Think about the people around them, their parents or family. Maybe they had a parent growing up who was much too strict or aggressive, thus leading them to be more secretive or to dance around the point.
>>
>>29934692
>Try to bring it up in a nonthreatening way.
I try to avoid conflict/confrontation and bringing it up would cause problems. Just need to look harder to find women who are genuinely interested in videogames. I've found a couple over a period of 5 years.

>Also, try to keep in mind not treating women differently (inferior, prize to be won.)
I don't do this.
>>
>>29934002
Women under fifty do all of these things on a daily basis

The prospect of getting to put your dick inside a hole is not remotely worth the amount of shit involved in this list.

Nobody wants to listen to women that's why Chad pumps and dumps you and Beta orbiters pretend to listen while imaging you naked.
>>
>>29934901
You're not looking in the right places to meet women with the same interests, or you are intimidating so they avoid you.
>>
>>29933951
kek this is great, thx f4m
>>
>>29934948
Another anon here; Fuck why are you trying so hard do defend women, are you a fucking robot who just got into a relationship or just a delusional faggot?
Every relationship will eventually end and you will not like it at all, doesnt matter how great it is, this is not a fantasy world, if it where waifus wouldnt exist.
>>
File: 1461813585303.png (80 KB, 212x258) Image search: [Google]
1461813585303.png
80 KB, 212x258
>>29933783
Patience. Courtesy (holding doors open for people, not leaving doors open, cleaning up after oneself, not being loud, etc.). Having a live and let live attitude. Humility. Be aware that most men aren't like this at all, so if you even try a little, you'll automatically be better than them.
>>
>>29935043
I don't know. My parents have been married for 30 years, and I have never heard them fight.
>>
>>29933783
Nothing, because you don't really want respect, you want to feel inferior, that makes me sad.
>>
>>29934195
She may...in the same way that I MAY win the lottery.
>>
>>29935103
this is not your parents generation.
>>
File: 1468015639116.jpg (8 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
1468015639116.jpg
8 KB, 277x182
>>29935072
>all these traits almost no women have
fuck you got me. 6/10 bait.
>>
>>29935103
Are your parents normies? [read tone as: non-agressive, non-sarcastic]
>>
>What does a woman have to do to earn your respect?

just treat facts as more important than feelings. that's literally all.
>>
>>29935135
Did you quote the wrong person? I didn't say that women had these traits. I simply listed the traits I respect in humans, and added that most men don't have them, because of their need to subjugate others.
>>
File: georgeshrinks.jpg (13 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
georgeshrinks.jpg
13 KB, 210x240
>>29934801
Please someone give me a (You) for this I put my heart and soul into it
>>
>>29935043
This can be for friendships, not just romantic or sexual relationship. You have to think of them beyond that.
>>
>>29935173
fuck off normie we don't need your kind here.
>>
>>29933783
I'll never treat a woman like a man. I can treat her with respect though. It would be disrespectful to treat a woman like a man. Any woman who is faithful to her husband and didn't sleep around with multiple people gets my respect.
>>
>>29935204
Here (you) go

Actually that is something I hate too. Emotional arguments with no logical base are unwinnable and frustrating.
>tfw my brother does this and have to tell him he's right so he calms down
>>
>>29935147
I guess. They're really laid back.
>>
Be a two dimensional anime character. Or, don't be a fucking moron.
Impossible, you say?
>>
>>29935204
a money for your thoughts
>>
File: 1438046083182.jpg (180 KB, 1027x940) Image search: [Google]
1438046083182.jpg
180 KB, 1027x940
>>29933783
Educated, knows how to cook and keep a house clean, loyal in a relationship
>>
Be a decent person. It seems 99% of women are incapable of this though.
>>
>>29935488
What constitutes decent, in your opinion?
>>
>>29933783
Nothing, I treat everyone equally. (Like shit)
>>
>>29933783
she just has to love me back, but that's never going to happen
>>
>>29935512
Don't be stuck in a high school mentality.
Treat others with respect unless they've wronged you.
Don't be a judgemental bitch to people who don't follow all social norms.
Be open minded and don't think you're the center of the universe.
Idk, pretty basic stuff really. Most women these days are narcissistic as fuck, snide, rude, etc. I have a theory that they're too easily brainwashed by all forms of media.
>>
>>29935488
You've clearly only interacted with one type of woman, that's like a woman who only ever interacts with furries bitching that all men are furries.
>>
>>29934277
So, would you respect any woman in graduate school then?
>>
>>29933783
Have common sense.

I really get aroused by a girl that behaves like a human being.

But, that's just me because i grew around people with no common sense whatsoever.
>>
>>29935823
Why would you assume that? I'm actually a somewhat normal guy and have dated various types of women. I've also had to interact with all types of women throughout college, at jobs, etc. over the years.
>>
>>29935689
What kind of social circle do you have? The only place I encounter those type of people is in my extended family, and I just choose not to keep up with them.
>>
>>29933783
All she would have to do is not gossip, really. Goes for men as well.
>>
>>29935936
All your professors even fit that mold?
>>
>be female
>want to be treated like a man
>???
Why would anyone want to be treated like this? I understand that respect can be fulfilling but it seems much more enjoyable to follow your role.

All you have to do is cook, clean, care for your children and not let yourself turn into a fat ugly mess. You don't need to work, take responsibility, make money, be strong, etc. There has to be some trade off.
>>
>>29935937
see
>>29935936
I'm referring to women I meet and interact with everywhere. I don't really have a social circle anymore outside of a few band mates and prefer it that way.
>>
>>29935956
I've been out of college for over 7 years. But come to think of it I can think of some female professors who were kind of like that... but they were teaching liberal arts gen ed crap so that makes sense. I think most women professors would obviously be an exception to the rule.
>>
Don't have any diagnosed or self-diagnosed mental issues.

Surprisingly difficult to find.
>>
>>29935995
Its not fulfilling. Being given fake respect and initialized sucks, and being respected based on their abilities to care for others and how they look is exhausting.
>>
>>29936102
Why disrespect others for things out of their control?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.