[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
futureguy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Future_Guy.jpg (12 KB, 415x346) Image search: [Google]
Future_Guy.jpg
12 KB, 415x346
Does anyone remember a person that went under the name "Futureguy" who posted here about 5 or 6 years ago? I haven't been on this board since about that time, but i have thought about it ever since. I remember it was archived at the time it was posted, but when i looked for it a few years ago it was all but gone. It was perhaps one of the best and most entertaining things I read on this board in its heyday.

The OP was honestly either from the fucking future or he was incredibly creative with all of his answers. I assume he probably read a lot of sci fi, but he had an incredibly real sounding answer for just about everything I asked him about.

Anyone else remember this?
>>
Bump

I actually remember some of the things he was claiming would happen in the not so distant future if anyone is interested
>>
you must have to mention something about being a virgin or hating women to get seen on this board anymore
>>
I doubt it was that long ago, but I do remember an anon to be claiming to be from the future.
>>
>>29932663
Yes, I am interested. Post them.
>>
>>29934301

i can't remember much detail, but i recall him saying that the united states would soon split into four different sections due to societal issues. he said that obama would be the last "real" president as we know it, and the last president before the u.s. slips into full scale civil war.

he mentioned it as a "tetra" government or something to that effect, i remember the word 'tetra' for some reason. he said that if anything began to look this way, then youd know it was just a matter of time, and that since timelines shift or some bullshit (something about micro vectors in time, small splitting strings that vary no matter which time-line you were in when you went back), that this could be slightly different than what will actually happen. he said the main events should remain very similar. i might have just made all that shit up though, i cant really remember. he for sure said all that about the future of the US though

he mentioned that a common hairstyle for women in the future is called "fangs", which is a split bang style

he mentioned that almost no music in the future is produced on physical instruments, and that one of the only bands from this time that he knows about is the Beatles. he mentioned that Lady Gaga (who was more famous at the time he was posting) was like an incredibly rudimentary version of what mainstream music sounds like in his future

one thing i just remembered was that in the future, the biggest problem the world faces is human trafficking and slavery, which has become larger than drugs and weapons/killing or something.

ill keep trying to think of more shit he said

chime in if you remember any of this, anyone
>>
>>29934580
Lady Gaga has always had this strange catchiness to her. I can see her production style getting more attention in the future. Also, human trafficking is a huge issue right now. That's hardly a prediction.
>>
>>29932536
I remember him, if I'm not mistaken the same guy made a thread on /mu/ as well. I believe he said something about universal basic income and how work was optional after WW3

>>29934252
Pretty sure it was like 2009.
>>
>>29934696

but you can speculate that in an advanced capitalist and fully globalized state that perhaps humanity has been further commodified to the point that this issue becomes larger than everything else. right now it seems like most human trafficking comes from the third world and those in abject poverty, who are easy targets. imagine a world in the future where this is an issue that affects almost all classes of people (enough for this guy of reasonable intelligence from the future to make a point of saying it)

it's just interesting to think about anyways, its not like the guy said we had to believe his ass.
>>
>>29934765

this makes sense because i really recall him going on at length about music. i remember him mentioning that there are niche interest clubs for much of the music of today, but mostly everyone produces music through electronic means
>>
>>29934765

and it also makes sense that it would be somewhere around 2009, because i remember it being president obamas first term as president.

i think he might have said that he would only last one term, which obviously did not happen, so there's definitely a hole there
>>
>thread gets serious replies as if this is anything more than thinly-veiled roleplay

go back to /x/, op
>>
>>29934857

great idea, maybe someone will know what im talking about there also!
>>
>>29934809
Yeah, it was all electronic. This might be a later thread or a different guy, but I remember him saying how glitch went mainstream (with little toy music maker things which would allow you to "break" the music, or glitch it).

Also he mentioned a band called "In the Morning of Musicians" which never materialized (Flaming Lips reference too, how they would be the first band to play in space). As I said before though, I think this may have been a different guy because the predictions were too easy to test.

>>29934857
I don't believe any of it, it's just interesting in how it was so detailed - that's why it's too bad I can't find it anymore. The guy had fast answers for everything and numerous people were saying he should've written sci-fi.
>>
>>29934848
It was definitely before 2012, because someone asked if the world would end and he denied it.
>>
>>29934933

exactly, yes! the really fascinating thing was the fucking detailed and quick
>>
>>29934971

wait, maybe i found an archive of this finally

http://4chandata.org/x/Hey--x--ask-a-time-traveler-anything--a65911

was this the guy?
>>
>>29935050
This one doesn't sound familiar. The ones I saw were on early /r9k/. The answers were also longer and a lot more detailed.

Jesus, this board has changed so much. Back before Elliot and the school shooter warning thread...
>>
>>29935050

nevermind, i dont think it is
>>
>>29935127
Also, the OP images he used were of futuristic utopia metropolises.
>>
>Guy come from the future
>All he has to do is come on r9k to shitpost

Ehh
>>
>>29935168
I remember him saying he was just sending messages back in time and that this was a pretty normal thing in the future that most people could get a handle of.

So yeah maybe it's like the shitposting of the future?
>>
>>29935127
That's /x/ not /r9k/ you mong
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.