[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there, wagecucks. Howdy, NEETs. I just wanted to drop in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: uber-logo.png (182 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
uber-logo.png
182 KB, 3200x1800
Hey there, wagecucks.
Howdy, NEETs.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you about my relaxing month-long vacation I'm taking thanks to Uber. Because my basic cost of living is under $2k a month and because I earned over $5k last month driving only 25 hours a week, I think I'll take this whole month off to spend my extra thousand dollars on whatever I want!

Hmm, I think I'll take a lot of sunny bike rides, get some hot new clothes and maybe I'll even take a hor girl out for a tasting menu date! You know the ones, where on meal costs upwards of $200?

Don't worry! I can easily afford all that and more as I spend 4 to 5 weeks taking deep breaths and feeling the freedom of being my own boss.

And when it's time to get back to work? Well, 'll just go back to working 25 hours a week again. That's all I need to do, after all.

Try not to let your punch clock nip your fingers on the way out the door, wagies. And try not to lose your minds from having nothing you can afford to do other than refesh 4chan all day, NEETs.

Bye now! I'm off to go get some ice cream and get a tan.
>>
File: 1467078695153.jpg (226 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1467078695153.jpg
226 KB, 832x690
Do you really make good money off it? I was thinking about doing it since I own a car just I heard horror stories about it being a rip off and just causing wear and tear on your car.
>>
>>29932201
Like I said, I made over $5k last month driving 25 hours a week. You do the math.

...ok, I'll do it for you.

25x4 = 100
5500/100=55
$55/hour for a whole month.

Now, take away gas costs, wear and tear, and taxes, and I get to keep just about $4000 of that. For one month of half-assed work.

Then again, I live in a prime market (SF bay area).
>>
>>29932201
no, typically you will make less than minimum wage when you factor in the cost of gas, wear and tear, etc
>>
>>29931967
but uber doesn't allow you to get vacation time, liar
>>
>>29932331
uh, i don't think you understand how uber works. I just turn the app on and off whenever I want. I simply won't turn it on at all this month.
>>
>>29932290
>sf bay area
>4000 after taxes
>good
Lol living on half that after 2000$ goes to rent. Enjoy getting cucked by cost of living.
>>
bullshit you make 55 an hour
>>
File: Taxi Driver.jpg (220 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver.jpg
220 KB, 1024x576
>>29932290
Alright cool you convince me. I thought it was just some sort of exploit on the poor after reading reviews off of indeed job posting board.

I live in Los Angeles so I live in a pretty busy city too. I already signed up for lyft but been lazy to do it since I already work two part-time jobs.

I also was inspired by the movie Taxi Driver. Kinda sounds cool being in the center of the city picking up wierdos and freaks.

wish me luck. I'm going to sign up for it tomorrow and get inspected by jiffy lube. I need new brake pads though....
>>
File: Capture.png (54 KB, 1452x676) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54 KB, 1452x676
>>29932361
My studio apartment is under $1k with utilities included.

>>29932391
here's my latest pay statement. it's bigger than average.
>>
>>29932436
>studio apartment
You mean your storage closet, Gonzalez?
>>
>>29932483
I live in a nice area on a main street with restaurants and a movie theater, and my apartment is about 700 sq feet. I have 3 walk-in closets and a main room large enough for bed, entertainment center, AND a workout area.

It's under rent control from before things got crazy here. My upstairs neighbor moved out and tehy're re-doing her place so they can rent it for $2k a month, but I'm not going anywhere!
>>
File: IMG_2844.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2844.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>29932521
yeah I heard Airbnb raped san francisco.
>>
>>29932556
It's not airbnb, although they are not helping. They are maybe 2% of the problem.

The real problem is the tech bubble.

All these ridiculous app companies out here are run by these airhead "entrepreneurs" who are gambling on their ridiculous little apps being the next big thing. Most of them are doomed to fail, but 1 out of 20 or so will make it.

Venture capitalists know this, so they pump money into as many of them as they can, because when they lose a million each on 19 companies, they get back 50 million on the one that blows up. for venture capitalists, there is no losing when you bet on everyone.

What this means is that these stupid little companies can afford to hire top talent, which drives up the rent market. When everyone is making $150k, rent just starts being like $3k. It's reatrded.

Soon, the bubble will pop. VC will want returns on their money soon and all the inflated pay and fancy perks will disappear and the crash will be deafening.
>>
File: tumblr_nb4iefe8Ae1tkzt0fo1_1280.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb4iefe8Ae1tkzt0fo1_1280.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
>not being a food fuck with them
>having a license
>>
Are you suppose to tip uber drivers?
>>
>>29932836
you can. People raaaaaaaaaaaarely tip me. I get maybe $100 a year in tips.
>>
I made fuck all driving for Uber and Lyft, live in Atlanta and made something like $50 over the span of 5 hours. Rarely ever get pings
>>
>>29933419
Damn, maybe thats just faggy San Francisco?

I've only done uber a few times but always tip, people are such Jews these days.
>>
>>29931967
Whew, top shill. Choke yourself with your blatant bullshit m8.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.