[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foster kids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
File: Nuclear_happy_pepe.jpg (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear_happy_pepe.jpg
66 KB, 800x600
My wife and I are doing very well financially. We are retired. She is in her late 20s and I am almost 40. We are considering fostering a child. Does anyone out there have experience with the foster system or any stories about it?
>>
File: 1447927907048.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1447927907048.gif
81 KB, 182x249
Not one of you frogposters is a foster kid?
>>
File: BbQtjVN.jpg (68 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
BbQtjVN.jpg
68 KB, 600x660
Bump? Nothing?
>>
Yes I do. I'll bump first though.
>>
File: 1466902028750.jpg (200 KB, 1650x1566) Image search: [Google]
1466902028750.jpg
200 KB, 1650x1566
>>29931363
Would love to hear it.
>>
>>29930489
why tho

origgggg
>>
>>29931512
I grew up in foster care, I was in and out all my life. I was moved home to home and packed my shit in a black trashbag every time I had to move. My sister and I were the only smart foster kids, every other kid was a drug baby/mentally ill wreck/problem child. Genetics are real. The parents are shit and the kids are shit. All foster kids grow up to become garbage just like their parents. I've literally never seen any of them become successful.

Due to having such an irregular childhood, my sister and I are pretty numb to most things, we are different than anyone else we'll meet.

In my whole time in the system I ran across one or two decent parents. Every time I lived with those people it came crashing down, and we'd have to move to a worse place.

You'll be paid shit, the kid will be shit, it will cause stress on your relationship. If you want a kid, make one with your girl. The kid will be much better. Otherwise, steer clear from the government system that is foster care, it's an evil scheme that rewards depersonalization of the parenting experience. It turns couples into singles that actively search for disabled kids to house in their literal govt bux farming child compound. It's a miserable lifestyle.

Leave the drugged up babies alone. No matter how much anyone helps them they'll end up on drugs 18 years later anyways. Focus your energy on your own kids.

Good luck.
>>
File: 1416748439358.jpg (49 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1416748439358.jpg
49 KB, 300x345
>>29931924
I seemed to have forgotten to attach my image to my post. There we go
>>
File: Dammit__.jpg (48 KB, 452x308) Image search: [Google]
Dammit__.jpg
48 KB, 452x308
>>29931924
It sucks because the kids who really need help and attention are the ones who get bounced around...
>>
>>29931924
This, pretty much.

If you want someone else's genetic kid or can't make your own, adopt one. At least that way, the child is officially yours and you can raise it properly in a good family environment. Fostering is basically just cucking for some half-rate arseholes that are too lazy/criminally minded/unfit to raise their own child, so you end up doing it for them and getting none of the satisfaction.

Why does fostering even exist when we have adoption?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.