[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any else factorio? literally the perfect game for robot autists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: factorio.jpg (853 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
factorio.jpg
853 KB, 2560x1440
any else factorio?
literally the perfect game for robot autists like you and me
>that satisfying feeling when you set up something that works
>>
Never played it . The gameplay looks interesting, but the artwork puts me off. The brown and gray looks a bit depressing.
>>
>>29930365
>put off by depressing artwork
not a robot desu, true robots live in brown squalor
>>
It's really fun.

Other good games:

Dwarf Fortress
Roguelikes in general like nethack to UnReal world
>>
>>29930262
when I get a better pc I hope some robots I'll play rust with me
>>
File: 1403775091280.jpg (25 KB, 440x586) Image search: [Google]
1403775091280.jpg
25 KB, 440x586
I like it but it needs more goals/scenarios. Tired of building the rocket already.
>>
>>29930262
perhaps I can show you my world and you can me yours?

I produce a rocket ship every 30 minutes btw.
what's the production on yours?
>>
Love this game. First factory was spaghetti and super inefficient (probably would've been a rocket/day or something). Only made a second though, finishing rocket production :))
>>
>>29930543
>Building the rocket.

What's the point of that. I just like turning the difficulty to max and building a base.

Feels good when you get to the point where you can just blueprint w/ robots massive screen size installations.
>>
>>29930262
the trailer is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8&ab_channel=Factorio
>>
I love Factorio. Makes my autism tingle like nothing else.
>>
>doing math to get the perfect rate of production so you use your materials at the right pace
>trying to imagine in your head how to compact things
>doing it
>increase incoming material rate
>tear it down
>repeat
Very comfy
>>
File: 1457581839481.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1457581839481.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>29930262
It's great. I used to enjoy these types of games even more until recently, when it dawned on me that I'm the one getting played.

Factorio and RimWorld really sucked me in. I didn't eat or sleep when I first tried them. But just like tech companies that hire autists irl, these games are making money off of people who for some reason find enjoyment in painstakingly doing a fuckton of work that is being caused by a lack of proper game design/features/UI in the first place. It's even more absurd in the case of Factorio, because it's a game about automation - in reality, it's micromanagement hell. When you finally work your way up the tech tree and successfully automate your base, when you have time to wander around and look at all your factories and belts working, you can't help but wonder what you were even doing in the first place. Normally, a game would start at this point. Being able to produce stuff is the end goal here and there's nothing to do with your manufactured goods. The only thing you can manufacture is more manufacturing. That shifty-eyed dev included some Zerg bugs to distract you from all this because shooting things is fun but these fuckers serve no purpose other than the bug jizz the hives drop.

And don't even start me on RimWorld. Your task is to tell people that they should grow and cook food, and to tell them to lie down and get treatment when they're injured or sick. Sometimes they get attitude with you when their "needs" aren't met, such as pretty marble furniture, a well-known top priority among stranded space colonists. Then they go into daze or berserk mode and would rather starve and blame you than stand in the kitchen for five minutes. You know what, just starve then you fucking idiots. How is this a game? Make some AI if people pay you $30 for your alpha jesus christ.

Anyway, good games, good times. You just gotta close your eyes and pretend it's not secretly mocking you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.