[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of man is / was your father /r9k/? Do you have any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: elliotrodgerfather.jpg (178 KB, 1600x668) Image search: [Google]
elliotrodgerfather.jpg
178 KB, 1600x668
What kind of man is / was your father /r9k/?

Do you have any photos of yourself with him?
>>
He's a haemorrhoid, also very unintelligent. I don't like either of my parents
>>
Huge stoner/skater
Was heavily involved with the hare Krishna movement. Attracted tons of women throughout his 20s and 30s somehow.
He's lonely and crazy now though. He always wants me to visit but idk what we'd do.
>>
Autistic, but very dedicated to his family.
He yells a lot and spooks the hell out of me.
I used to hide in my room just weeping as a child, I was convinced he'd murder us one day. He cold-clocked me once, which made things worse. As a teenager I fantasized about murdering him constantly, then I'd just drink until I wasn't scared anymore.
We're on better terms now.
>>
File: withdad.png (198 KB, 332x396) Image search: [Google]
withdad.png
198 KB, 332x396
>>29930515
I actually found a pic.
He's not a mean spirited person, he never really understood how frightened I was.
The man does work himself half to death, that's probably where his frustration stems from.
>>
I don't know, he was always at the store.
>>
neglectful, sociopath, narcissist, materialistic, socially autistic

he has no friends and only cares about working and money to buy and collect shit he doesn't need or use. he's basically one step above a hoarder. didn't teach me anything and never gave a shit. he shouldn't have gotten married and he shouldn't have had kids, he would have been better off living alone in an empty house filled with boxes of shit he never uses.
>>
>>29930619

My dad worked himself to death too and pretty much gave every cent he had to us. It's a shame because he was a good man, just unskilled and I watched him become jaded and defeated when a lifetime of hard but honest work gave him nothing in return.
>>
File: 1467770039213.jpg (613 KB, 2008x1376) Image search: [Google]
1467770039213.jpg
613 KB, 2008x1376
my dad is severely mentally ill

i have watched him fall farther and farther down the rabbit hole

when i was a child he was very paranoid, very angry, temper was always 100%, very narcissistic i'd say, held grudges with everybody and anybody except for me and spent hours ranting to me every single day when i was a child about the people who wronged him in the past, he told me the same stories a million times and if i told him that he already told me he would get really angry and say i was lying

the stories were always about childhood neglect, his alcoholic abusive father, his mentally ill mother who lost her mind, the rest of his giant evil fucking family, his trauma from the marines and several hundred different people he hated

while other children had bedtime stories my father would come in my room and talk about his sisters molesting him when he was a baby as a rule for going outside, or his mother forcing him to burn a bunch of kittens alive, the worst story was one he only told once, his mother holding him down while his dad raped him, he was hysterically crying for several minutes while i was staring at the wall and i felt nothing, i got up and hugged him while he cried and he felt like a child in my arms and was clawing at my back in despair

these days he has gone insane like his mother, thinks he's a chosen prophet, believes every conspiracy theory he sees, he used to come into my room drunk and talk for 6 hours straight every night about the apocalypse, demons, his delusional prophetic findings without me saying a single word then just pass out on the floor, but he is sedated on the couch listening to preachers on the television 24 hours a day now, even in his sleep, i've never had a father figure or a mother figure and my sisters abandoned me, i live on r9k to feel like i have a family and a home, but it's almost all taken over by normies now

if i wasn't empty inside i think i would have killed myself by now
>>
He's passive and dependent on my mom
>>
File: HATE PARTY.png (122 KB, 438x503) Image search: [Google]
HATE PARTY.png
122 KB, 438x503
A drunk. Undoubtedly hard-working, he cared for us in his own way. Apparently knows and is known by a lot of people, strangers would sometimes see me walking around with him and tell me my father's a hero. The man they knew and the man I knew were very, very different. Even now I don't know how I should feel about him.
>>
>>29931131

You should go on a holiday mate, go to somewhere like Thailand and spend some time away.
>>
File: 1468122360788.jpg (176 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1468122360788.jpg
176 KB, 1632x1224
He avoided me as much as possible, not that I blame him
>>
>>29931131

Why did his parents rape him?
Why was he burning cats?
>>
>>29931131
he also repeats the same phrases every day at this point, he tells me the same thing about heat and sound, interia and a demon sitting on him, when i tell him i already heard it he doesn't even get angry anymore, just looks confused and walks away, his memory is out the window, he'll buy something months ago and think it was yesterday, not much longer until he is gone i think, but it's already too late to save him... i'll never know who my father was supposed to be, i wish i knew
>>
Father was in Vietnam, woke up last night to him screaming "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck" Over and Over again. A night week ago he got up ran to the mirror in the bathroom and just started screaming "Fucking get it together Bobby! and started smacking his head" I believe he has some form of PTSD, Im 23 and my dad is 64 and was one of the last wave of troops to enter Vietnam.

He is a mans man, Loves to fish and Hike. Eats his steaks nice and juicy and loves to have a beer or 2 after work. He taught me to treat people the way You wanted to be treaty and to pursue anything I wanted because the saddest thing in life is wasted talent. I love my father /r9k/ I dont want him to lose his mind cause of something that happen 40 something years ago
>>
>>29931244
his mother went insane and would kill animals for no reason, burn them alive in barrels, and when the children caught her she forced them to participate while they wept

his father beat his mother into submission and i think his beatings ruined her brain, she developed helplessness and carried out whatever his father asked, helping abuse the kids, helping rape, whatever it was, the kids raped each other as well

incestual rape and abuse and animal abuse was just a normal daily occurrence where he grew up, the children didn't go to school and CPS sent them to foster homes where they got abused more
>>
His dad died when he was little and he has a dysfunctional family.
He wasn't there when i was little. I'll probably have a dysfunctional family, or no family at all.
And so it goes.
>>
>>29930109
I'm not in contact with him. I've been living with my mom since I was 5 and all I know about him comes from her. Basically, he was verbally abusive, had a lottery addiction, and visited prostitutes WHILE they were together. That doesn't make for a very positive image.

I could have actually ended up worse, since I was raised by a single mother, but she doesn't buy into a lot of the bullshit we hear and see today. Combine that with the fact that I started visiting r/TheRedPill earlier this year and I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.
>>
He killed for Ireland, cheated on my mother constantly and gambled like crazy. Can be an asshole but generally very cool. He's also a manlet which makes the cheating on my mother inspirational.
>>
>>29930619
Hey I remember you from another thread. He looks like a good guy.
>>
>>29930109
>What kind of man is / was your father /r9k/?

my father was a chad who fucked a ton of women and had children with at least three of them, which I'm one of. then he got married to a qt virgin religious girl and they've been married for over 20 years. he's retired now and all he does is chill in his man cave and play video games when they're not taking vacations.

the only thing i inherited from him was his looks

>Do you have any photos of yourself with him?

of course, but I'm sure as fuck not posting them on 4chan.
>>
File: 1467864804132.jpg (41 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
1467864804132.jpg
41 KB, 500x442
a good lad

he came from a poor background, studied sociology, he was the first in the family to get a degree, worked with farmer unions

was a communist in his young, friends died in the guerrillas, far in the mountains back in 1960

didn't marry mom till he was 35, he had (according to my aunts) lots of serious gfs, at one point he had one that he got pregnant, but she died before giving birth, even though I know he loves mom, I think he still grieves the other woman

before marrying my mom he settled as an university teacher, he was the teacher of my mom, who was doing a masters

they married 6 months after meeting each other, my dad being 9 years her senior

my dad then dropped the teaching position and occupied a leading role in a social democrat political party in the early 90s, just when I was born

he was a pre-candidate for governor of my state when he was threatened by his own party opposition for being "too radical", he opted to drop out of politics

he went back to university teaching and that's that, he has always been great to me and my sisters
>>
File: Abzorbaloff.jpg (16 KB, 220x315) Image search: [Google]
Abzorbaloff.jpg
16 KB, 220x315
>>29931367

That's one of the worst things I've read in a while. You're father is obsessed over his past traumas, I'm sorry you had to listen to them in graphic detail. I hope the both of you can find some peace in this life
>>
>>29931700

>social democrat

to bad he's an utter fucking moron
>>
He said in his day, people went to school with guns in their cars and no one got shot. AFAIK, his mother disowned him in his youth and split from the family after a bike accident where she lost her memory. He loves cars and has owned and worked on dozens of them - he worked hard in his youth but some years after high school, he joined the Navy. He almost made it through nuke school but failed the final exam - he was a Machinist's Mate on attack submarines for 20 years. AFAIK, my mother's the only woman he married. He was barely around for my childhood, as he'd be out at sea for six months at a time. When he was back home, he'd take us out to do things like go to the beach, go bike riding, go to car shows, etc. - I usually would try to work on cars with him. I think he kind of hated me since I recall plenty of times where he'd yell at me when I needed help on homework or didn't understand something. He believed in discipline - he'd spank us, but when I was 11 I punched him in the face when he tried to do it and he never tried again. That same year, he cheated on my mother when he was called to Guam to work on the USS San Francisco after it crashed into an underwater mountain. He felt guilty and confessed to it - he really shouldn't have because it made my life more of a hell than it already was... had to hear my mom cry and them argue every day for eight years. He was a pioneer of modern piracy - he was part of a team that would make and sell copies of films, music, and games. He downloaded hundreds of games for me to play on PC and PS1; I think he's done it almost as long as he's been in the Navy but I'm not sure - eventually his team got shutdown. He said some of them went to prison and some might be dead; he was given a chance to walk away because of his military background and having a family, so he took it and stayed out of that scene since. I used to think of him as a hero but I'm not sure anymore. He never took us to family reunions.
>>
>>29930109
I think genuinely autistic/aspergers and was prone to violent outbursts because everything was a dramatic stress of storm for him.

He calmed down in the last decade and a half, but is still very autistic. He blows his nose into his hands and doesn't wash his hands after using the washroom.

Him and my mother I'm pretty sure just settled for each other like "yeah who else are we going to attract haha"
>>
>>29933000
storm of stress rather, and yeah we have a few pictures of all us kids in the same location as him but nothing as gay as OP's pic.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.