[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else here interested in living forever? Obviously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Juan Manuel De Rosas.jpg (97 KB, 671x948) Image search: [Google]
Juan Manuel De Rosas.jpg
97 KB, 671x948
Is anyone else here interested in living forever?

Obviously not forever forever, but, around 500 years more or something. Maybe even more. I personally would like to live until we conquer other planets.
>>
I've pondered this numerous times. I would like to live forever, or 500 years in your example. But I'd only do it if I had a body that had more privilege. My current body sucks. Hopefully I get a better roll next time.
>>
I wonder how your mind would evolve if you NEET for like 100 years
>>
I wonder if I'd lose my virginity if I lived 500 years.
>>
Only if I had youth to go with it
>>
File: 1329716921060.gif (577 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1329716921060.gif
577 KB, 500x498
>>29930042
I've always wanted to live forever and am always looking for a way to achieve it. Theres only a few ways that could be done within 20-40 years depending on tech advances. I would like to believe that there is a fountain of youth, but for that to exist it would have to been too far down in the Earth for people to actually attempt to look for it.
>>
The hope for immortality to be achieved in my lifetime is the only thing that keeps me going
>>
>>29930042
I want to live until after Andromeda collides with the milky way at least.
>>
>>29930167
Im planning on researching on my own for a way to extend my life. Whats funny is that i dont fear death at all.

I however dont think such a thing like a fountain of youth could exist. Is either a brain trasplant, genetic manipulation or something robot related the way to pull it off. Ill try genetic stuff.

I know i wont accomplish shit but it still will be fun.
>>
Like they said, born too early to explore the galaxy, and born too late to explore the Earth
>>
>>29930284
I've been researching it for about 10 years now. Mostly because I was told by a doctor that I would only have half the normal life span of a normal person. At this point I'm just doing things to extend my total life expectancy until I can find a way to get the funds to look into some of my theories.
>>
>>29930326
I really hope you can do it.

If you ever discovered something important, would you share it? Or would you prefer being the only "inmortal".

Also, if living "forever" required you to kill others, would you do it?
>>
>>29930384
I will share it once I find it, but only with people willing to accept being made infertile since they would want their kids to be immortal too. I don't know if I would kill others since I would end up in jail for way too long once they figured out why I did it. The biggest problem right now is that most people would instantly reject any ideas on immortality or just kill whoever figures it out to keep it for themselves.
>>
I am constantly worried I am terminally ill or that I might die, so yeah, having some kind of breakthrough that makes people live longer would probably give me some comfort
>>
>>29930042
I most def would want to live forever. Even if it ends up a "you are literally alone because this is 2000 years from now and everyone else is dead." I could at least make games for myself.
>>
No. I would lose My sanity. Even the idea of an immortal soul fills Me with dread.
>>
>>29930042
Being able to live that long would take away a lot of the anxiety I feel about the progress I'm making im life for my age. If I knew I'd live for several more centuries (and assuming I'd age proportionately) I could drop out of the active pursuit of happiness and focus instead on learning and exploring while being relatively certain that all my basic needs will end up being fulfilled at some point. No need to fear that life will pass me by while I miss out on other significant experiences.

I realise I could dedicate myself to knowledge and exploration in this life too and that it might lead to happiness and fulfillment too but I'm not a risk taker and I don't want to sacrifice one existence for the other.
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS_2.gif (186 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS_2.gif
186 KB, 500x436
>>29930042
i want to see the universe die!
fuck "muh pain of loosing lovedones" i can get over loss, i'm no emo faggot. bring it on BITCH eternal life is amazing and people who say otherwise are retarded!
>>
Who the fuck wouldn't want to be immortal? Since Time isn't important to you anymore. Just imagine saving up for 100 years and getting funds, or taking every education available. The possibilities are endless.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.