[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon has been taken over by the fucking normie scum. Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: Mad_Treecko.png (99 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Mad_Treecko.png
99 KB, 320x240
Pokemon has been taken over by the fucking normie scum. Seriously nothing but pokemon go shit on fagbook. I can't take this hypocrisy anymore.
I used to get made fun of for playing pokemon in my teens now these fucks are all playing it and calling themselves nerds.

The beta uprising really needs to happen soon.
>>
File: 1450118958287.jpg (67 KB, 1498x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450118958287.jpg
67 KB, 1498x1080
Pokemon was always fad shit dumbass, it just swung back around.
It bugs me a little too, because I can only get Pokemon Go conversations out of it. I try to talk about Sun and Moon, nothing. It'll die by the time hoenn pokemon come around, just like the first time.
>>
go talk about this stupid fucking game on /v/ or something
>>
>having social media
>following current trends
>going outside for non-vital errands
You brought this upon yourself OP.
>>
Pokemon Go isn't really Pokemon though, it's just a reskinned version of Ingress.

I can guarantee that not even a fraction of the normies playing Pokemon Go will buy Sun or Moon.
>>
>>29929890
I know that feel man.
When I was around 6, thats when pokemon hit it big.
It got me at a good age, and I liked it ever since.

>I've played at least one game from every gen.
>People like Pokemon Go even though its a terrible game, just because OMG ITS THE NEXT BIG THING.
>People playing Pokemon Go that know nothing about pokemon.
>Some older people even playing, like in their 30s just cuz omg popular.

Fucking hell man.
>>
>>29930007
this

is an original post that I am posting here right now
>>
>>29929890
This has been happening since the dawn of man and there's nothing we can do to stop it. The only time we'll have even the slightest chance is when what's currently happening to Pokemon happens to anime.
>>
>>29929890
Get of Facebook then you fucking normal fag. You see on this place called the Internet, if something appears that you dislike (see: triggers), the best option is to close out the program or browser. Ignore the situation and it will literally go away. You sound like a fucking SJW complaining about cyber bullying and I, for one, hope you kill yourself
>>
Never really liked Pokemon all that much but I've seen the anime and I've played some of the games before and so I'm really perplexed as to how normies can unironically like Pokemon Go. Do they like turn-bases JRPGs now? Or does Pokemon Go differ a lot from, say, the Gameboy and DS titles? All I know is that it uses the whole augmented reality gimmick and something about Google Maps.
>>
Pokemon has always been a normie game. The games have become more normie-pandering as ever.
>>
>>29930314
I'm pretty sure Pokemon Go doesn't have any sort of turn based gameplay like the actual games.
>>
>>29930314
The reason normies like pokemon go is because they get to hang out with friends and travel together and do quirky things and post photos of instagram of how they're NERDY XDDD, so basically all the things they were doing before pokemon go.
>>
>>29930314
-It's Pokemon, that game some of them played as a kid.
-It's for mobile, easily accessible for normies.
-It's an outside activity.
-Other normies jump on because it's what all the other normies are doing.
>>
>>29930121
Happy 14th birthday, Jonathan! Hope you have fun at lazer tag
>>
>>29930345
So how do they battle then?
>>29930359
Makes sense.
>>
>>29929890
Just wait until they start adding Pokemon from newer generations. Pokemon from Gens 4-6 trigger the fuck out of normalfags. They'll all quit playing Go in a month or two when newer Pokemon get added and us autists can have it all to ourselves again.
>>
>>29929890

Quit Facebook anon. Why expose yourself to that cancer?
>>
File: 1468343178195.jpg (895 KB, 1440x2027) Image search: [Google]
1468343178195.jpg
895 KB, 1440x2027
>>29930408
Forgot to attach pic.
>Us 90s kids right? xD
These are the people who play and enjoy Go.
>>
>>29930007
/thread

hgukyfkbvlujfys4do7u
>>
>>29930329
Pokemon IS a normalfag series but at least many have bought the necessary hardware to play the maingames these years. The people "playing" this "game" are turbo-normalfags. They don't actually enjoy it, they simply hopped on the bandwagon 18 years ago and hopped off after a year. And now the same event will repeat.
>>
>>29930408
I never saw any pokemon threads here before. Now all of a sudden your mad that normies have taken your token-game or something? You're like small children who only want something when someone else has it, and when they've stopped playing with the toy, you lose interest in it as-well.
>>
File: 1409306891614.jpg (451 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
1409306891614.jpg
451 KB, 4040x626
>>29930460
People aren't necessarily mad at normies playing Pokemon, they're mad that history keeps repeating itself.
>>
>>29930460
People hate bandwagon fans. Its not exlcusive to Pokemon. Its the same as when a sports team does well and gets a bunch of new obnoxious bandwagon """fans""" who claim they've always been big fans.
Normalfags don't even play the mainline games, and haven't for 15 years.
>>
>>29930121

>You see on this place called the Internet

I bet you are super "random XD XD XD".
>>
>>29930459
It's fine by me. If Nintendo/GF can aim dumb "games" like this at those normalfags, they can maybe stop pandering so hard to them in the main series.
>>
File: 1444179483180.jpg (85 KB, 449x681) Image search: [Google]
1444179483180.jpg
85 KB, 449x681
>>29930460
>I never saw any pokemon threads here before
I've seen them very rarely. And even then it's mostly just casual "favorite pokemon/random fact about you" type shit.

Guess what most of the answers are; almost gens 1 and 2 exclusively. With most admitting to stopping around RSE when the fad died. Not even robots give a shit about pokemon on the regular and now want to get pissy about it.
>>
wrong board OP go tell thisto /v
>>
>>29930121
i bet you watch Leafyishere and h3h3 religiously
>>
>>29930560
Speak for yourself faggot. I started playing with Red and never stopped. I have Pokemon in alpha sapphire from my original sapphire cartridge.
>>
>>29929953
The problem I personally have is that the Pokemon games are, surprisingly, really unique. No other turn based game has this sort of emphasis on prediction and planning.

The only other game that I played that was anything similar was an old Risk game for the computer. There was a mode where all players would secretly input their moves, and then they all happened at the same time.
>>
>>29930579
I'm just calling what I see. And that' what I usually see.
Nothing like bringing an old favorite into new mechanics though, is there?
>>
>>29930402
You go up to a gym and basically say
"Is my Pokemon higher level than yours, and/or does it have a type advantage?" Also some tapping and swiping to dodge attacks.
>>
>>29930626
Yeah, seeing my old Salamence participate in his first triple battle made me proud.
>>
>>29930560
>Stopping at Gen 3
>Just when it was starting to get good
I mean, of course, nothing can ever hold a candle to the absolute depth of gen 1 and 2. It was so good to have a pool of about 20 usable Pokemon. And multiple types of teams? Fuck that, you will play stall and you will like it.

Gen 3 was when the game was first getting its legs. There was a huge emphasis on teambuilding and counterplaying. It was actually the first game I got "serious" into. Netbattle was my bae.
>>
>>29930391

Thank you.

Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of everyone going "hurr durr I don't understand!" when the answer is fucking obvious.

Even more cringeworthy when faggots pretend like Pokemon is, yet, another one of those fads that's claimed by fucking autists as a special snowflake fad for anti-socials such as myself when Pokemon has been enjoyed by, pretty much, everyone between 16 to 30. Pokemon was always normie as fuck an if you were made fun of by adults for enjoying them, well it sucks, but up until today I've always seen tons of people playing and enjoying pokemon as I grew up.

So yeah, no fucking shit Pokemon Go is a giant hit when Pokemon itterally NEVER went out of fashion since the very day it arrived here in our 10 years old hands.
>>
>>29931055
>Pokemon has been enjoyed by, pretty much, everyone between 16 to 30
Lmao. See>>29930442
>>
File: 1373461700737.png (200 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1373461700737.png
200 KB, 500x376
>>29930653
>flareon from FR
>can finally teach it Flare Blitz
Brought a tear to my eye the first time. Then another as I watched it kill itself.
>>
>>29931087

I don't see how this contradicts the part of my post that you quoted.
>>
>>29931149
Normalfags hate Pokemon games from Gen 4 and onwards. Only autists and kids like it nowadays. Most of the people playing Go dont even own a 3DS. They just downloaded it because it's free and it caters to their le 90s baby nostalgia.
>>
>>29929953

talking about sun/moon is fucking autistic. im a perma-virgin fucking autistic loser and hearing anyone mention the new pokemons makes me fucking uncomfortable, it's the equivalent of bringing up some stupid obscure anime because you see them talking about dragonball Z.
>>
>>29931189

>16 to 30

this includes every type of Pokemon fan ranging from the gen 1 bandwagonfags to the older fucks who've played it since they were 10. Seriously I don't get how you couldn't unerstand my point. Pokemon's been making new fans for over 17 fucking years, buddy.

>Normalfags hate Pokemon games from Gen 4 and onwards.

I know a ton who don't, sounds like a giant projection.
>>
>>29931293
>gen 1 bandwagonfags
They stopped playing Pokemon 15 years ago. They don't buy the new games.
>Pokemon's been making new fans for over 17
Yeah the new fans are kids. You think adult normalfags bought XY or ORAS? lol
>>
>>29929890
>Pokemon has been taken over by the fucking normie scum

Pokemon is the most normie thing ever. Back when I was a little kid everyone played it.
>>
>>29930460
>I never saw any pokemon threads here before

Why would I talk about Pokemon on r9k? It has it's own board.
>>
>>29931346

Yes, Jesus Christ I know TONS of people my age who are normalfags and still play new pokemon games. the 3Ds is the turbo normalfag console nowadays and Pokemon is literally an everyone's game. There are tons of people my age who just never stopped playing pokemon since they were kids.

I think you're the one who's out of touch with the outside world...oh wait, that right, I'm on /r9k/.
>>
>>29931438
Protip: those friends of yours aren't normalfags.
>>
>>29931463

>Have steady relationships
>Some of them are parents
>Career
>Good social life
>
Somehow that equates to not a normalfag by robot standarts.

Nigga make up your mind.
>>
>>29931438
>the 3Ds is the turbo normalfag console nowadays
No that would be the PS4.
>>
>>29931625
Must be really shitty parents if theyre wasting time playing Pokemon. I feel bad for their poor kids.
>>
>>29931689

Even as an owner of a PS4, can confirm.
>>
>>29931727
I have one too, for the weeb games. But yeah can't deny its full of normalfags who mostly play NBA 2k16 and Cawadoody.
>>
Um, Pokemon was always the most Normie game....

Not to see here...
>>
>>29931925
Why do people keep saying this? Of course it had a large following by normies but like most things it was just a fad and they lost interest while the only people who stuck around were the "weird' kids or normies who were a little bit strange
>>
File: 246462867457.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
246462867457.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>getting mad over people enjoying a thing

Fucking pathetic.

I myself am into a lot of obscure things. And if those things ever got popular, it wouldn't bother me in the least.
Why? Because I actually like those things for what they are. I'm not just an insecure fuck who feels the need to seek out and like obscure things for the special snowflake cred. I don't need to make an identity out of what I like.

The fact that OP thinks pokemon was ever at any point obscure, or that it's only blowing up know shows that he embodies the "I'm such a nerd XD" mentality.

Almost everyone in this generation needs to latch on to "obscure" things and then act holier than thou around people they designate at posers.

Why can't you just like a thing for what it is? Why do you feel the need to set yourself apart through you tastes? If you genuinely like pokemon, then great. A lot of people sharing your interest is good. If a huge part of the reason why you liked pokemon was because it made you felt "unique", well, I'm sorry. Go found something even more obscure next time
>>
>>29932258
everyone i knew a few years ago had emulators on their phones and they all had pokemon

that was one of the main reasons they even downloaded a emulator on their phone, litterally every le xD different grl will say she loves pokemon or played it
>>
>>29932302
I am mad at Niantic for fucking up what should've been a stupidly easy game to make. They didn't have to make this stupid as fuck battle system, just rip it from the games.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.