[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got my first job a few months ago /r9k/ I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Obama-frustratedjpg.jpg (17 KB, 374x258) Image search: [Google]
Obama-frustratedjpg.jpg
17 KB, 374x258
Just got my first job a few months ago /r9k/ I don't know how to cope with real life. All I do is work hard and come home stressed, aching, and frustrated. How does everybody else balance work with the rest of their lives? I can't even keep a hobby because I'm always so tired and angry.
>>
Take up drinking as your new hobby.

Alcohol does wonders.
>>
>>29926604
I've noticed that everybody I work with, full timers who've been there for years, have a vice or hobby they dedicate themselves to. For some it's degeneracy, one girl Christianity, one guy wrestling/video games/childhood favorites, and others just internal depression. I honestly have no idea what my coping mechanism will be but I don't drink smoke or any drugs. Scared of addiction
>>
By not sleeping.

How people manage relationships and work I have no idea tho.
>>
>>29926525
you gotta chill man, it'll kill you
try meditation
or aerobic exercise
>>
i play videogames when i get home
>>
>>29927006
Just thinking about that in the current status I am in would kill me. I haven't learned how to manage work and normal life at home yet, a social life, especially gf/wife, and work, would probably tip me over

>>29927054
Tried that man but I just work so much that the tiredness gets to me. I've been working 6 days a week for the past 3 weeks, at one point 9 days in a row. And it's not like I'm a slacker who does 50% of his job everyday either, I do all I know how to and work my ass off. I think it's gonna kill me if I keep carrying on
>>
i bartend at a nice restaurant with a lot of affluent people. but it's also in the usa where i make all of my money from tips

when i used to kiss ass and suck dick for every dollar i used to hate my job. i'd eat too much fast food afterwards and drink too much alcohol to wash down the bad taste of broken pride. then i'd smoke weed until i didn't know where i was

but then i realized i don't have to suck dick to make money. all i need to do is make good drinks and serve them in a timely manner and enjoy people's company and now i make more money than i ever did before. they appreciate some professionalism and i appreciate their business

now i wake up and don't hate my life, i don't have to drink so much and i don't even smoke weed any more.

tl;dr - you gotta find out why your job exists, try to shift your mindset to fit with that purpose, and you'll realize it's a lot more bearable than you thought. and eat right and drink a lot of water because when your body doesn't want to work, you'll feel like shit
>>
Yep, people get burned out by wageslaving. The next logical step is to marry and have kids, which will put some meme meaning in your life and make you get out of bed in the morning, knowing that your shit children depend on you. And then you'll get old and die.
>>
File: 353918.jpg (9 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
353918.jpg
9 KB, 100x100
>>29926525
I found a job I actually think is ok for now.

But it's mindless but you have to be a bit social.
It's a call center but serious people and interviews, like media people, executives, economic chiefs and shit.
I was nervous as fuck at the start and I don't know how I winged the interview but now I pretty much only socialize with the older people and autopilot the same questions each call with a pretty monotone dark voice.
So much breaks in the job it's great and the pay is very good for what is is.

The interviews are pretty random which is quite fun but might not suite a lot here, I thought I'd be shit at it but much of these people are charismatic. Some are real douches though and some people just flat out deny being part of it. Senile people are pretty infuriating to interview too, so much history about each question.

Pretty much middle age 30 maybe which is nice.
They think I'm good at it but realize I have personal problems so I work part time but have to work at least 3 days so I got a real good deal.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.