[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you move to a major city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 450x112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 450x112
How the fuck do you move to a major city?
>>
Step 1: find a place to rent on kijiji
Step 2: show up
>>
>>29926374
Everyone says I have to suck dick or earn like 30k a year at least
>>
stop being american

be australian........where 99% of the population born/lives in a major city

you americans are so fucking 3rd world with your "towns"
>>
Ah, a man of discriminating tastes(i gather by your pic). You want to be part of the best city in the world and laugh every time some bitter nobody online tries to disparage it, yes?
>>
>save up money (at least 6 months rent + food for each month)
>find cheap apartment share
>spend every hour of your day looking for a job
>get job
>live in city, work your way up in job
>move into your own apartment
>constantly thing about more promotions so you can move to the suburbs instead
>>
>>29926382
nah, sexual favors are a god given though, since you can sue whoever made sexual advences upon your person and rack up some good money. And 30k a year is not hard to find at all.
>>
You find a domicile to live in, take transportation to get there and place your body into said domicile.
>>
>>29926313
>be rich
>be social
>>
>>29926403
I didn't choose this. Leaving is my only and top priority I fucking hate it so much

>>29926423
Would people give me a room if I only earn enough for rent and have to starve but always pay it?
>>
what's a major city? anything 1 mil and above? 500,000 and above?
>>
>>29926423
What this guys said. You need to have a cash pillow if you don't have a job already lined up in your city of choice. Waiting tables is an easy way to earn 30k plus easy in a big city.
>>
>>29926453
You're being an absolute bitch about it, just find a job and rack up some money, then settle yourself with a concrete financial plan to substain your lifestyle.
>>
>>29926469
I like nyc and Los Angeles but that seems unrealistic and expensive so probably anything big and kinda affordable like Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, maybe Miami

>>29926433
My only skill is being able to type fast though
>>
>>29926475
there are people who want to move to the suburbs? i always thought those were alien symbiote-controlled hosts
>>
>>29926500
Yeah I might just go with a few grand saved up and just sleep on buses and trains until I officially find a job before I rent so I don't end up back here and broke after wasting all my money and time
>>
>>29926403
I love living in a town
>6k square foot house
>Acre of land
>Private pool
Why the fuck would I trade this for a tiny ass apartment?
>>
You gotta split rent like 2 or 3 ways to make it. Either that or you have a STEM degree that's worth a 100k+ a year salary. No other way around it m8. Most young people want to live in cities, but most can't.
>>
>>29926453
Yes but due to human nature you'd give into your need for food and wouldn't end up paying rent.
Which country do you plan on moving to? The minimum wage should cover your rent and food provided you work full time.
>>
>>29926505
Houston and Miami are nice, Atlanta and Chicago are shitholes. New York is awesome and LA is reserved for demons from hell who despise all of humanity.
>>
>>29926475

You're not going to make it on 30k/yr in any major US city, not even close.
>>
>>29926563
Yeah. I live in NYC. 30k is basically minimum wage here.
>>
>>29926529
>bars/clubs/concerts everywhere
>take-out food 24/7
>hot women growing in trees
>exponentially higher salary/career potentials
What's not to like?
>>
>>29926595

That's why if you can make it in NYC you can make it anywhere in the US, only the strong survive. Either that or you're a trust fund kid from the suburbs that has his daddy pay for rent.
>>
>>29926560
>Miami
>nice
The only place I've ever traveled to where there are five locks on the door (including two deadbolts) and a huge warning sign that you should lock all of them.
>>
>>29926595
In the city maybe, you can live just fine on that in the Outer Borroughs. Not that you'd want to, but still
>>
>>29926529
Some people think there's more to life than having a big house. Why would you ever want to spend time in your shit apartment when you have an entire city where there's so much to do. There's nothing more than I love than going for beers straight after work and sitting by the river watching everyone go about their lives and then walking 2 minutes to my flat which I use only to sleep and bathe in (and shit post when the weathers bad)
>>
>>29926469
In America:
Philadelphia
NYC
Miami
Los Angeles
Chicago
>>
>>29926645
The boroughs are NYC senpai. You mean Manhattan? You're going to be broke as fuck on 30k in any of the boroughs, and you can forget about Manhattan or Brooklyn.
>>
>>29926563

Not true, when I first moved to Houston, I survived on $30k a year, also didn't live in a ghetto
>>
>>29926674
Remove philly, miami and chicago. Add SF and DC.
>>
>>29926595
Aren't the wages in general higher to reflect this? I've been comparing salaries and rent from London (where i currently live) to New York and it seems like you'd have the same disposable income.
>>
>>29926702
Houston has population, but really isn't an economic power. In US (economically) major cities are:

NYC
San Francisco
DC
Boston
Los Angeles
Seattle
>>
>>29926726
Yeah NY and London are comparable. And yeah wages are higher.
>>
>>29926700
I'm starting to suspect an awful truth, which is that you've never actually been to new york. new york is cheap as fuck when ti comes to low-end clothes, food and so on. the only thing that's exorbitantly expensive is rent on the OG island.

>brooklyn being expensive
>queens being expensive
>bronx being expensive
>the one we will not name being expensive
>>
>>29926595
Do you mean that 30k is the bottom you need to survive or you make 30k at least
>>
>>29926700
What about crown heights in Brooklyn isn't that cheap as fuck? Or Harlem?
>>
>>29926790
Nigga you are retarded. I'm typing this in Williamsburg as we speak. Brooklyn is expensive as shit. A 2br apt runs 1mil + in any decent area. In fact Brooklyn is the 4th most expensive city to live in the US after San Francisco, Manhattan and San Jose.

Coming from a guy who didn't know the boroughs where part of the city, your accusation is pretty hilarious.

If you're white and you don't want to live in the ghetto 30k aint getting you shit. It's basically minimum wage. Entry-level professional jobs here pay 40k+.
>>
>>29926505
No, that's not the only thing you can do. You can stack shelves and do anything a basic cashier can do. Stop putting yourself down, you fucking crybaby.
>>29926527
That's not how it works for most poeple when you have a good plan. Having a few thousands saved is good enough to pay rent and food for a few months, during which you have to find a better job or a romotion. It's not hard at all, be serious, fucking slaker, making up excuses is another good thing you're clearly good at.
>>
>>29926858
I mean it's basically minimum wage. Fast food workers make like 25k here.
>>
>>29926749
It's low-key but it's the o&g capital of the world, 2nd most HQs next to NYC, & lots more moving in.
>>
>>29926871
Both used to be black and cheap. Getting whiter and more expensive rapidly.
>>
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/big-city-house-hunters-suffer-from-fomo-fear-of-missing-out-576035511.html
>>
>>29926898
Damn I'm pretty close to nyc maybe I can just hop off the bus and start waiting tables and find a side gig

Don't dog walkers make decent money there if they have the clientele?
>>
>>29926929
Idk about dog walkers.

But if you're attractive and get a job waiting tables at a good resteraunt you can make 75k+.
>>
>>29926880
I looked for an apartment in Manhattan and immediately found a double bed for $800/month and it's not a shit hole either. Thats just under $10k a year, does food and travel really warrant an extra $20k a year?
>>
>>29926880
>williamsburg

aren't you distracted by deep hipster music and colorful fashions? fuck the hell of nigger.
>>
>>29926963
What's a double bed?

You're getting scammed. There are no decent apts in Manhattan for $800.
>>
>>29926972
Your stereotype is a decade old. Williamsburg is wealthy people now. Hipster types are in Bushwick now.

You no shit about NYC anon.
>>
>>29926958
I'd be happy with half that even in ny
>>
>choose city
>find job in city
>apply for job, if you don't get it repeat step 2
>choose area in city
>choose apartment in your price range

not that difficult fampai
>>
>>29927008
UES and Jamaica Heights are rich people. If you think Williamsburg is a rich neighborhood you must think the Upper West Side is full of millionaires
>>
>>29927038
Especially during summer, where many landlords are having free spots to fill in due to poeple moving around. Finding a housing is way more easier than finding a job, you just have to have a clean case and money and you're done.
>>
>>29927038
Aren't the cities impossible to afford
>>
>>29927053
Nigga go look at real estate listings. Williamsburg is more expensive than the UES. Real estate here is selling for $1500 sqft.

UES isn't even an expensive neighborhood in Manhattan. Try Tribecca, West Village, SOHO etc.

And Jamaica Heights?????

Have you ever been to NYC?
>>
San Fran is where it's at fellow
Robots
>>
>>29927113
It depends on the city area. Westmount is very expensive, while Hochelaga is cheap as fuck. It all depends on location.
>>
>>29927131
Isn't it 4000 a month
>>
>>29927081
You're not getting an apt in NYC w/o a job. Unless you have a wealthy co-signer.
>>
>>29927145
San Fran is super expensive and full of tech dorks.

It was cooler when it was filled with freaks and fags.
>>
>>29927124
Oh, I see. You have no reading comprehension. That's fine, proceed. Jesus, some people.
>>
>>29927145
3000/month. What, can't afford that? God am I the only rich kid here?
>>
>>29927149
Well obviously, as like for any other housing you need to prove to the landlord that you can afford it. What's your point?
>>
>>29927180
The freak and fag San Francisco actually sounds good
>>
>>29927184
Just admiy you know jack shit about NYC you gasbag.
>>
>>29926669
I can drive places you tard. Want to go out to eat? Drive ten minutes. Want to go to a mall or club? Drive 20 minutes. Want to go to a gym? Ride my bike for ten minutes. I for one like having my space and actual possessions. I've lived in cities, it was fucking awful, always crowded, always loud, constant traffic, crime meant some parts of the city were effectively off limits if you weren't a minority of the right race.
>>
>>29927142
So if I go to the right part of a city I can find something for like 500 a month
>>
>>29927200
It was more fun. Now it's just a bunch of pompous Silicon Valley dorks.
>>
>>29927113
No, it just depends on what kid of life you want. If you're expecting to live in a penthouse and have a ton of free time it's insanely expensive. If you're fine with working long hours and living in a studio apartment it's pretty cheap.

Rent is the only thing that's really expensive in most major cities, other stuff is usually cheaper that in smaller towns.
>>
>>29926711

>remove the 3rd most populated city in America

you're fucking dumb
>>
>>29927053
>If you think Williamsburg is a rich neighborhood
Williamsburg is totally a rich neighborhood anon. Where do you live?
>>
>>29927113
Impossible to afford if you want to live in a new 2 bedroom apartment in the center of the city on your own.

You can live on minimum wage in London (which is lower than NYC and also more expensive)
>>
>>29927206
You openly stated that Williamsburg has richer residents than the Upper East Side. I have nothing more to say,you've destroyed me with your lack of real estate understanding.
>>
>>29927254
Yeah, population. Having 1+ mil random nignogs doesn't make you an important city though.
>>
>>29927228
Even cheaper than that. If your lifestyle is just about reading books and staying out most of the day, then find a very cheap spot you won't use much anyway.
>>
>>29927278
>>29927253
Don't be rediculous guys I expected to live in a tiny cramped apartment with people getting stabbed outside
>>
>>29927304

>I'm a sheltered suburban faggot that doesn't know what he's talking about: the post
>>
>>29926560
>Houston
>nice

Austin and Dallas shit all over Houston.
>>
>>29927282
Again, you're a fucking hayseed who doesn't live here. Williamsburg is more expensive than a good part of Manhattan.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/new-york/the-most-expensive-neighborhoods-in-nyc-in-spring-2016-according-to-zumper-maps
>>
>>29927309
Then you're doing it right, keep at it.
>>
"There are only three American cities -- New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everything else is Cleveland."

- Tennessee Williams
>>
Move to a medium size European city instead. Turin, Rotterdam, Prague, something like that.
>>
>>29927212
>Calling me a tard
>spending 10 minutes driving to a restaurant
>spending 20 minutes driving to a club (Have fun being pulled for drink driving unless you are autismo and stay sober)

I hope you are aware I can do all of those things in less than 5 minutes, plus its free.
>>
>>29927351
Jesus christ you moron, this is because the UES hasn't had open spots in what, a hundred or hundred and fifty years? How do you fail to understand something so basic. one rich kid from the UES could buy half of williamsburg. Do you think the mayflower families are in fucking brooklyn?
>>
>>29927008
I like you NYC bro. Keep annihilating these country bumpkins.
>>
>>29927428
You're a fucking idiot or a troll. I just posted actual figures.

Upper East Side ($2,740),
Williamsburg ($3,150)
Again, where do you live?
>>
>>29927478
Chelsea(No, I'm not a fag). And you've never studied economy. But that's fine, we're both wasting time here
>>
>>29927357
So even if I go to an expensive city as long as I have low standards I'm good
>>
>>29927520
Chelsea and not a fag. Nice choice.

UES is a boring as fuck hood. No one really wants to live there.

And when was the last time you where in Brooklyn? 1996?
>>
>>29927478

His dad probably pays his rent "its not that expensive to live in manhattan bro!"

fuck outta here
>>
what the hell is the point of living in "le major memecity" anyway? what is the advantage of living around a million other niggers and normies?
>>
>>29927554
2001 if you must know, but it's still brooklyn, isn't it?

>crossing the bridge
>>
>>29927553
Just like when shopping for a gf! But honestly, most landlords are ok and don't give a fuck as long as you pay on duedates. You can find a decent place and make it a great place just by customizing it yourself. Like those guys with huge libraries they built themselves and filled themselves, it's somethng you add up along the years and it makes a shitty wall something great to look at.
>>
>>29927594
You get to bring girls around and do anything you want with the space you live in. Want that pink sofa? Well now you can and mommy or daddy won't know or judge you.
>>
>>29927609
are you a 50 year old homosexual?

you sound like it. It's more the other way these days. Who wants to hang in Manhattan? It's basically an office park.
>>
>>29927673
your salt amuses me. keep going jewbro
>>
>>29927747
ok, Mr. Jamaica Heights.

How's Nebraska? Hot in the summer?
>>
>>29927807
brooklyn is on the cusp of rivaling manhattan man, i was just joking. you guys are gre-oh god, i almost managed to finish. HAHAHAHAHA, oh fuck, i was so close.
>>
>>29926313
1. Have some money saved up
2. Get a job in the major city
3. Get some kind of accommodation
4. ????
5. PROFIT
>>
Sell your soul.
>>
>>29928784
Here's some tips for the saving money part because I know it's the hardest for a lot of us.

Stop buying so much booze and eating out/getting delivery
Stop buying shit like Steam sale games that you probably won't play

So on and so forth. That stuff adds up very fast. Especially booze and food.
>>
>>29929006
>Stop buying so much booze
nice ty, straight edgelord
>>
>>29929522
Trust me, that part is hard as fuck for me. I used to easily drink a six pack every night.
>>
>>29926608
-niggers and degeneracy everywhere
>>
>>29930320
>>29930320
As opposed to rednecks and methheads everywhere

You can't even escape them by going to a rich neighborhood because there is none and there's only one of every type of service
>>
Is it really that cheap with roommates and a ghetto?
>>
>>29930964

You get roommates to NOT be in the ghetto
>>
>>29930981
Yeah but since I have nothing won't I make it by easy as fuck if I combine the 2
>>
>>29927405
This to be quite honesty family.
>>
>>29930964
It largely depends on what city you'd like to live in. I live in Philadelphia and I've seen places go for $250/month in some neighborhoods. Lots of the poorer areas are being gentrified by the homos and the universities though, so rent is going up. If you don't mind who your neighbors are, you'll find cheap places all over the country.
>>
>>29927124
Literally every NYC neighborhood is overpriced, including the UES

You can't even get a 1BR in a Bronx ghetto for less than 1100 per month, not counting subsidized housing
>>
>>29927008
yeah lol, Bushwick is now the hipster capital of New York

Who knows where it will be next
>>
>>29927478
Keep in mind the UES is huge though, there's a huge variance in pricing
>>29927554
the "fags" were gentrified out of Chelsea quite some time ago
>>
>>29927673
everyone still goes to Manhattan, though

>>29931304
I would even live in Fairhill or Kensington if I could pay 350 a month on rent
>>
File: nycha.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nycha.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
>tfw I don't live in NYCHA and fuck ghetto Puerto Rican girls with fat asses
>>
>>29927053
The upper west is full of millionaires
>>
Even the Bronx is getting expensive, I want to buy a place while I still can. That probably won't be possible for a few years, I hope it's still within my reach at that point.
>>
I couldn't imagine not living in or near a big city
>>
>>29931304
What about real cities like la and nyc
>>
>>29931980
I'm a New Yorker and Philly is definitely a real city
>>
>>29932017
Okay but what about New York
>>
>>29932083
NYC is huge. What specifically do you want to know?
>>
>>29932227
How cheap are ghetto apartments
>>
Why would you ever want to live in a major city?

>everything is expensive as fuck
>if anything bad ever happens you're trapped in a gigantic hive of retards
>more of a target for terrorist attacks
>street gangs
>so many fucking people around
>can't see stars at night
>have to drive at least 30-45min + to get anywhere that isn't the middle of a fucking city

It makes a lot more sense to just live near enough to a major highway you can get to a bigger city in around an hour.
>>
>>29932308
studio would be like 1000-1250. In that neighborhood. If you're white though, I would not recommend it.
>>
>>29932427
You're right about the pricing, however it's no big deal being white in the "hood", it's not 1990 anymore

Just try not to stick out too much
>>
>>29932405
>street gangs

top kek

>>29932427
oh and you can actually get a 1BR for like 1150-1250 in most Bronx neighborhoods
>>
>>29932405
Why would you want to live in the burbs/country?

>no jobs
>no culture
>only shitty chain restaurants
>hillbillies
>meth
>boredom
>ugly women
>fat people everywhere

yeah, no thanks
>>
>>29932469
if you're white, you're sticking out.
>>
>>29932516
maybe a little, but if you're friendly I don't think there would be an issue

also it really depends on which neighborhood
>>
>>29932525
I grew up in Baltimore fampai. It's an issue. don't kid yourself.
>>
>>29932552
I have to imagine Baltimore is totally different from NYC
>>
>>29932564
I mean, it's different from SOHO. It's not that different from Brownsville.
>>
>>29932583
Brownsville is literally the worst neighborhood in NYC, but there aren't too many places like it where I'd actually feel uncomfortable living.
>>
>>29932603
East New York? Jamaica, Queens? South Bronx? There are lot's of dumps in NYC.

Telling some boho white guy that moving into an all black hood will be fine and there won't be any issues isn't accurate.
>>
>>29932657
East New York is also in that category, but still better than Brownsville. Jamaica it depends which part, there are some decent parts and some shitty parts.

South Bronx is grimy but not horrible, it's even starting to gentrify in some parts. I would be comfortable living in Mott Haven.
>>
>>29932675
I would actually love to live in Mott Haven come to think of it
>>
>>29926608
too bad that there are no trees in the major city!
OHHHHH
>>
>>29933071
ever heard of parks and tree lined streets, nigga?
>>
Why would you want to live in a crime ridden liberal shithole money sink?
>>
>>29932499
Shouldn't you be on Reddit saying how you and your boyfriend's husband spend another $1000 on Bernie?
>>
lmao at the autistic anti-city samefag
>>
>>29926313
>lived in Atlanta for first year of college cause my dad thought it would help me gain "life experience"
>ended up staying in my room, skipping classes and only going out at odd hours of the night to hop on the train and clear my head, or walk to mickey d's, hoping I'd get shanked
>roommates used to knock on my door once every two weeks to make sure I wasn't dead

It's not hard, you just have to have a source of income and a place to stay. That said though, city life is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>29932499
>Why would you want to live in the burbs/country?

>no jobs
>actually, legitimately implying
The vast majority of corporate offices that were established before the past decade or so were actually built in suburbs surrounding major cities, but not within the cities themselves- primarily for tax reasons but also because the workers of the time wanted jobs where they can settle down like people did in the good ol' 50s.
>no culture
If by "no culture" you mean "not surrounded by retards with retarded sensibilities", then yeah, sure.
>only shitty restaurant chains
There you go with your implication again. Suburbs are where the mom and pop stores are, you little faggot, that's where the quality shit comes from. City niggers won't ever know the feel of going down to a local owned place and feeling right at home while eating good food.
>inb4 some hipster shit about how "trendy" places are actually good
>hillbillies
Depends on the area, but that shit's only common in farmlands.
>meth
>implying drugs aren't more of a problem in the city
>being this deluded
>boredom
What do cities have that burbs don't?
The only thing I can think of is music concerts, but it's not like people goe to concerts literally every weekeend for that to matter.
>ugly women
Yeah, cause cities are filled with 10/10 models.
>fat people everywhere
Yeah, cause cities are filled with /fit/izens.

Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>29933126
How retarded do you have to be to think all cities are crime ridden throughout?
>>
>>29933385
Cities definitely have better food options, you podunk

Although the country can have some cool stuff too
>>
>>29933415
>the only places that exist are cities and rural areas
>>
>>29926669

You fucking normie get the fuck out.
>>
>>29933433
Well suburbs also tend to have mostly chain restaurants in my experience
>>
>>29933453
Even here in Wisconsin there are plenty of non-chain restaurants to eat at all over the place.
>>
NYC is a great city

>GOAT public transit system
>diverse cityscape
>diverse population
>cool architecture
>lots of events
>many things open late
>convenient
>nice parks
>great nightlife
>>
>>29933415
If better food options means you can choose to patron authentic African mosquito burger joints and vegan pizza parlors, then yes, the city is definitely better. All the good food, meaning non-hipster European, Mexican, and Asian types, can be found in any good sized town.
>>
>>29933477
Do you live in a city, though?
>>
>>29933531
>diverse population
Why does this matter? I'm not trying to be a /pol/lack, I'm actually wondering. Other than saying, like on a brochure, "we have a diverse population", what does this actually bring to the table?
>>
I'm going to laugh if I somehow find out that you were instantly killed from a nuclear missile
>>
>>29933550
Have you ever actually had African food, you podunk?

And in NYC you can find lots of authentic Asian, Latin American, and European food, not just Americanized or chain crap
>>
>>29933560
A "city" of 15k. If you count all the other towns and cities which are in the same area, all melded together it's probably around 100k.
>>
>>29933581
More diversity doesn't just mean racially, although that in itself is a plus.

It means all kinds of people and from all different ethnic groups.

Being able to walk down the street and see hot chicks from all over the world is great
>>
>>29933596
I live in a town of 30k or so, there is some good food here but not as much as if it were a cosmopolitan city.
>>
>>29933633
>It means all kinds of people and from all different ethnic groups.
>doesn't just mean racially
>it means all kinds of ethnic groups
>ethnicity
>not a form of race
dude wot
like, yeah, i get what you're saying, but why is this something that people say when talking about an area? do they just want to seem like they're all-accepting people?

i'm just confused m8.
>>
be rich or have parents who live there. and sometimes, even that is not enough
>tfw there are no rooms within 100 miles of SF for less than $700 (well, if you're male, or female and not willing to deal with kids, feminists, or horny landlords/roommates)
>>
>>29933700
Well yeah, there are so many different kinds of people so you're bound to fit in somewhere. And diversity of booty is nice too.
>>
>>29926313
Are you from a small town? I guess the grass is always greener. I grew up in the city, and now I live right next to it. It has it's charms but unless your a social butterfly, you will get lonely and depressed real fast. What I wouldn't give to live in a small comfy town.
>>
Let's cut to the point, which major cities have the fewest black people?
>>
>>29933743
It's harder to find new people in a small town, though

What happens if you move to Podunkistan and fall out with the only 3 girls who would be into you?
>>
>>29933778
Pretty much any major US city has black people

Get over it
>>
>>29926608
>fuck that nigger shit
>i have home cooked meals
>3DPD
>the one advantage to living in the slums
>>
>>29933857
>autism
>ramen
>autism
>one of many, trailernigger
>>
>>29926313
Get a job and save, then look for a place you can afford.
I moved from Florida to Denver because of dude weed lmao and I am rooming with a bunch of straight edge furfags. Already have a job at a pizza shop and have an interview at a veterinary clinic tomorrow, and I have only been here 3 days so I am hoping to make enough to move out soon because fucking furfags man
>>
>>29926382
Yeah no shit, they're expensive to live in.
>>
>>29933806
Yeah, I see where your coming from. I guess it depends on your individual priorities.

Though in my experience the city isn't an easy place to meet a quality girls. You either have to belong to a social circle or be really outgoing an confident. If anything though, you will learn how to be confident, even if you don't want to. If your meek, you won't get shit done in the city. Especially if your living on your own.
>>
>>29933806
Newcomers attract people like magnets, there are going to be more than 3 girls.
But if you manage to piss off 3 of them, then you've just screwed yourself over, because they're going to gossip to literally everyone they know about you. And at that point, just kys or drive to the next town over.
>>
>>29933911
I'm far from alpha and I've drunkenly hooked up with two chicks in NYC

I'm also 5'4.

If I had money to go to bars more often, I probably would have gotten laid a few more times.
>>
>>29933594
I grew up in niggerville in New Orleans before getting rekt, then lived in Houston. I've had real african garbage, and it is shit, much like cities are. Authentic food is overrated for the most part, and is insanely expensive, and anything worth eating can be made at home. Cities stink, they are polluted, they have too much crime and blacks. The nice idyllic country life, where you can go for night walks and see the stars and not get raped and robbed is the truly good life. You can always drive to the city anyway.
>>
>>29933938
But if you fuck up with 3 girls in a big city, it doesn't even make a dent. It's easier to turn over a new life in a big city.
>>
>>29933943
Butthurt podunk detected

You act like every city is like the bad parts of Houston and New Orleans
>>
>>29933967
One huge city is the size of multiple towns. Just hop in your car and go do a different area less than 10 minutes away.
>>
>>29934009
It doesn't work like that necessarily

Having to leave your town via car to go to bars must suck, also
>>
>>29933940
Getting laid in big cities is pretty easy for the most part. If you look halfway presentable, drunk women will throw themselves at you. If that's what your goal is then the city is perfect.

But finding a quality girl is pretty hard. At least for me anyway. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Living in the city for so long has burned me out I guess.
>>
>>29934081
Honestly I just need female companionship on a somewhat regular basis to keep me happy, but if I get married to an awesome chick then that would be great of course. But I'm sure there are qualities chicks out there, you just never know when you'll meet them.
>>
>>29934066
Nah, you'll love driving. It's pure freedom to go literally anywhere you want, no matter how far, at any time.
The only downside is needing to get gas, but it's usually cheap. Like, $1.83 a gallon where I'm at.
>>
>>29934191
I live in a suburb now and I don't even drive, I'm scared of it and am not motivated to get a license. But I like to drink on weekend nights and I wouldn't want to be driving anyway.
>>
>>29934191
It's not as much freedom as you think though, at some point you gotta pay a mechanic a shitton money, and you gotta pay insurance every month
>>
I feel like living in a suburb and using a single-occupant vehicle to go anywhere is wasteful and leads to congestion, but I have some hang-ups with the thought of living in a high-density apartment or condo. (I've always lived in the suburb and am currently going to a local college)

What is the soundproofing like? Would my neighbors hear me pacing around at night? Can you hear what your neighbors are doing all the time like in a hotel? Do you hear people talking/shouting/crying? Do you hear your neighbors having sex? I read that 2/3 of New Yorkers hear their neighbors having sex.
>>
>>29934288
My grandma lives in an apartment in Brooklyn, you can't hear much unless the people above you are moving furniture. Even then it's not very annoying.

Apartment living is actually cozy. It might be different in the ghetto.
>>
>>29934004
Are you seriously using "podunk" as an insult? You didn't even challenege what I said about the food, by the way. And yes, every city is full of light pollution, air pollution, hipsters, more expensive real estate, more expensive everything else, and niggers? What advantages do cities have in the Internet era besides tons of barrista jobs anyway?
>>
>>29934287
Depending on how far out in the country you live, you probably have a few uncles who either ""know a guy"" or who are mechanics and that can get you discounts.
My grandpa is rolling in cash as a mechanic in the middle of Farminlandton, it doesn't even put a dent in his wallet fixing the family's cars for free.
>>
>>29926529

Because you need a fucking job.
>>
>>29934288
Before I moved out the city, the noise was a big problem for a lot of people. Never really bothered me though. But I guess I was use to it since I was born and raised there. But depending on where your apartment is, unless you get some quality ear plugs don't expect a quiet sleep.

I had a Chinese family living above me. Sweet people, but holy shit were they loud. I never heard people having sex, but I guess that's more of a problem if your neighbors are a young couple or newlyweds.
>>
>>29934350
I didn't refute the food thing because all you did was tell me some redneck shit, I doubt you even tried African food. And food isn't more expensive for beinf authentic, eating at a hole in the wall Mexican place is cheaper than Chipotle.

Cities are great because of the convenience, and all the shit going on like concerts and nightlife. If it's not you're thing then that's fine, but don't be a Cletus and act like there are no advantages to city living. And since when do black people not live in the country?
>>
>>29934401
>cities don't have unemployment
>cities don't just have the same wagecuck jobs as towns
>>
>>29934364
Well I don't know a guy like that, if everyone did then those businesses couldn't exist.
>>
>>29926871

Gentrification. Harlem is struggling to stay as it is right now. If you a country boy, you're part of the problem they're fighting against, and you'll live in an awful neighborhood.

As for Brooklyn, that's like the fucking epicenter of gentrification. Good luck.
>>
>>29926560
>tfw I hate traffic, stressful driving, and overall expensive shit, but I want to be an actor and still want to be in LA anyway

I'm thinking I'll try to build up a big resume here in Miami if I can doing side-projects while going through college for a degree that matters, then use that degree to get a high paying job. After, I'll transfer to LA if I can and look for more work, and if my acting career starts taking off then I'll quit my job.

Thoughts on this plan?
>>
>>29934242
>But I like to drink on weekend nights and I wouldn't want to be driving anyway.
Ey, good on you for thinking safely, man. Drunk driving is (as a result of car ownership and distances between bars and houses) insanely common out in the country where I live. Sad how many people it kills, it even took 3 local students last year.
On the other hand, it's not really practical to be scared of driving though. It pretty much HAS to be done, depending on your lifestyle.
>>
>>29934481
Harlem is already so white that it wouldn't make a difference

But nowhere in the city is cheap, but the lowest rents are in thr Bronx, Staten Island, and deep into Brooklyn and Queens (over half hour subway ride from Manhattan)

But lol that that dude thought Harlem was cheap, that ship sailed like 10 years ago.
>>
>>29934554
Well I get by not driving in the suburbs, but in the country I'd probably have to. I'd hate having no public transportation at all, though, because I like to go to bars and concerts.
>>
>>29934465

Couldn't get a job for shit back in my old hometown (small city even!), with the exception of assembly line manufacturing and awfully paid retail jobs. At least the assembly lines paid a little beter (with overtime even) but it was so mind-numbingly boring that it made me depressed.

I work as a bartender now, i lead the night as team-leader. Pay ain't amazing, but i get by and i like my job. Wouldn't have found this in my hometown. I'm also brushing up on programming atm, and i've gotten shit-tons of job offers and paid internships. Wouldn't have gotten that either. Just my experience tho.
>>
>>29934435
I now live in a town of 15k, and there are four real Mexican places and one Taco Bell, no Chipotle or that other shit. There are two Chinese places, one upscale and the other cheap take out. There is two Italian restaurants, one steak house, and two burger places (not counting franchise shit). And that's just the ones I ever go to.

Nightlife is fucking stupid. Just a bunch of normies doing drugs and telling each other how drunk they are and telling themselves how much fun they are having after paying a $100 cover just to pay $10 for drinks in some mafia owned shithole.

>And since when do black people not live in the country?
Far fewer, and more respectable here. I've never seen two random niggers nigwalk past each other and chimp out for no reason here at least.
>>
>>29934473
Those that don't know find out from their friends who do. Obviously, they wouldn't get anything free though, maybe at a discount. That's how the money is made.
The point is, despite questionable legality with some of them, those businesses DO exist, and they usually do quite well. Kind of like a shady back alley joint, just in the middle of nowhere instead.
>>
>>29934633
>nightlife is fucking stupid

Just because you're a beta autist (even for /r9k/ standards) doesn't mean everyone else is. It's not nearly as expensive as you claim either, I pay no cover and spend maybe 5-8 dollars on each drink. And I have a lot of fun usually.
>>
>>29934700
So why are you here if you're an alpha male?
>>
>tfw I don't live in The Bronx and fuck big booty Puerto Rican girls
>>
>>29934191
Enjoy your DWI.

Suburbs are literal torture. Nothing but bland monotony.
>>
>>29934350
Dude food outside the city blows.

Lets go out to a nice dinner at Applebees.

It's all garbage.

There is a reason why suburb/country folk are fat as fuck.
>>
>>29934960
I don't drink, and I agree that suburbs are horrible. I live in the country with 26 acres.
>>
>>29934536
If you think you're going to make a livi2as an actor, you're out of your mind.
>>
>>29934700
Then why don't you go post about it pn kikebook, normalshit? Hang yourself.
>>
>cheap as fuck to live in cities
>whores that will bang you no matter what
>jobs that pay 100k+ are handed out like candy
>don't need to drive home after getting drunk and pumping a stacy
>different food everywhere
>better quality food
>better quality of life

Why the fuck wouldn't you live in a city?
>>
>>29934891
I'm not an alpha male, I'm just not a miserable bastard who hates on everything fun
>>
>>29934902
Rican girls can be hit or miss. Some are gorgeous. They have a qt face, with a juicy ass. But other look like complete ghetto trash. One of the good things that came out of living in the city was how quickly I picked up Spanish.

If your not a native Spanish speaker and you speak Spanish to them they get pretty eager to talk to you. For me it was a good way to practice talking to girls and help better my Spanish.
>>
I'm planning to live in a van and save up while I do so that way I can afford an apartment. I've come to the realization that I am at the very bottom of the food chain right now and I need to work my way up somehow.
>>
>>29935013
My apt in NYC is worth more than your 26 hick acres.

Real estate prices are a result of supply v. demand.

If i wanted to I could be a king in your hick town. Same can not be said vise versa.
>>
>>29935046
Not a normie, you miserable prick

>>29935004
My uncle used to live in the country and there were actually some nice places where he lived, but that's probably because it was hippy country and not redneck country. The city is definitely better for food, though.

>>29935061
>cheap

lol no, not NYC at least
>>
>>29935093
I'm pretty sure most of them don't really use Spanish that much, a lot of them have had families in the states since like the 40s

>>29935105
That's if you actually own it
>>
>>29935091
So why are you here if you're not miserable or depressed? You know where you are?
>>
I'm got $60k Canadian saved up, and I have a shitty Bachelor's in psychology and an even shittier college diploma in office administration (think it's called an associate's degree in the US), I have no work experience and no references

Would I make it in New York City?
>>
>>29935105
>My apt in NYC is worth more than your 26 hick acres
No, it's priced higher. It is practically worthless, and you overpayed because you were stupid enough to by an apartment. Enjoy your bubble. If a fucking meteor hit NYC and killed every man, woman, and child living there, it would be doing the world a favor.
>>
>>29935138
I do own it.

Countycucks always leave that part out. If I wanted to live in the country, I could easily.

Countrycucks however, couldn't just switch to NYC.

There is a reason that land is cheap as fuck. No one wants to live there.
>>
>>29935145
I'm depressed, but not bitter

>>29935148
You can make it if you find a job

>>29935169
You're an idiot, people who bought property in NYC even 5-10 years ago can make a killing now from the appreciation.
>>
>>29935169
Cletus please. Real estate prices aren't arbitrary.
>>
>>29935120
>dudebrah u gotta go clubbin if u want to enjoy thuh city I fuk drunk sloots all thuh time
>im totes not a normie btw
Nice try Chad.
>>
>>29935186
Yeah I agree. I think it would be cool to have a summer house in Ulster County, though.

But yeah, how are they gonna act like NYC isn't super desirable? It's expensive as fuck for a reason.
>>
>>29935223
Why don't you just move to a swamp beta boy?

You can sit on your ass and masturbate for close to nothing.
>>
>>29935105
Where in my post did I say that my acreage is worth more than you apartment?
>Protip, I didn't.
My point in mentioning that was to say that I find land more valuable than housing and city convenience.

And it's all relative, anyway. Fucking duh, an NYC apartment is going to be more costly than acres in the middle of nowhere. The cost of living is completely different in both areas. Stuff costs less here, but people also make less, so it all balances out. And of course, supply vs demand comes into play with prices, as you pointed out.
>>
>>29935223
Dude I'm a 5'4, semi depressed, non fit dude with OCD, I just lost my virginity a few months ago at the age of 21.

You don't have to be a chad to enjoy nightlife, robot compatible girls chill in bars too.
>>
>>29935241
Yeah, totally. Catskills weekend house is my next move.
>>
>>29935241
>But yeah, how are they gonna act like NYC isn't super desirable?
It's called "personal preference", anon, some people like different lifestyles than other people.
>>
>>29935120
Cities are cheap as fuck. My apartment in Williamsburg costs me literally 600 a month. Got two roomies who are chill af. 3 bedrooms too.

>>29935186
Fucking this. People in the country think their shit is so much better when their land and property are literally a quarter of what my closet is worth.

>>29935290
Already own a place there, shit is cash. Good thing I work in Hedgefunds.
>>
>>29935205
You can make a killibg speculating in junk bonds too. Doesn't make then worth a lot or make you smart. It's a speculation market, not an investigation one.

>>29935214
Nice meme, but the market is based on subjective ideas of people, including how much they think they can get the next retard to pay them for it. Price discovery only works like you think in markets where the information is more perfect and the commodity is interchangeable.
>>
>>29935305
No it's not.

Real estate prices transcend your personal preference Cletus.
>>
>>29935330
Kek, nice b8. Keep it coming, m80.
>>
>>29935305
No shit, of course it's not for everybody, but that guy is trying to act like cities are completely undesirable.
>>29935307
600 month and having 2 roommates is not a good deal, bro. Well that's not a bad price for a 3BR in WB, but that's not a cheap rent by any means.
>>
>>29935307
Nigga please. You don't work at a hedge fund and have2 roomates, and you don't have a 3br in Williamsburg for $1800.

Bullshit.
>>
>>29935283
>oh lawd my manlet cock is not gettin enuff poosey, my life sucks, I must be depressed, better go blog about clubbing on 4chan so I can get mirred from those nerds
Nice try, Chaf.
>>
>>29935316
Junk bonds? Cletus, it's not 1985.
>>
>>29935307
>Fucking this. People in the country think their shit is so much better when their land and property are literally a quarter of what my closet is worth.
People in the country don't care how much an apartment is worth compared to their farm, they enjoy the lifestyle and setting more. It's about differing values.
>>
>>29935316
Nigga please. You no dick about finance or real estate.

Stick to fertilizer Cletus.
>>
>>29935365
I was thinking the same thing. The only way he's paying 1800 for a 3BR is if he lives in NYCHA.
>>
>>29935361
>that guy is trying to act like cities are completely undesirable.
Shit, if that's the case, then my bad. I got lost somewhere in there trying to follow more than one conversation at once.
>>
>>29935403
Pretty much. Cooper Houses?
>>
>>29935361
>No shit, of course it's not for everybody, but that guy is trying to act like cities are completely undesirable.

>lel le podunk le cletus city boi 4 evah, only inbred retards like grass, amirite? Can't even go to le club lel
>W-w-why don't you guys like cities? We all have different tastes! Stop being so bigoted, you're literally triggering me right now!
>>
>>29935450
The Cletii are clearly the triggered ones here
>>
>>29935380
>>29935400
One reply is plenty, faggot. If you want to samefag, at least make a different style of shitpost. I'm also smarter than you, by the way.
>>
>>29935307
>Got two roomies who are chill af.
Why do you even come here?
>>
>>29935361
In fucking Williamsburg it is. 3 BRs can go up to like 4k a month. We got a steal. The owner is dumb af tho. Craigslist finds are a goldmine.

>>29935365
It's called having friends to live with? You want to live alone and be miserable?

>>29935403
Yeah I'm definitely living in public housing. You people don't know how to find a cheap but goodass place to live that isn't some nigger infested commieblock.
>>
>>29935480
oh you are? Btw do you have a170 IQ and a katana?
>>
>>29926313
fuck big cities, stay in the suburbs
5k sqft house, 400mbps dl speed. Dallas suburb
>>
>>29935427
kek, is that one of the heavily Hasidic ones?

And I was thinking, I would happily live in one of those Alphabet City/Lower East Side projects if I was unable to afford anything market rate. Of course I'd rather not live in the projects, but I wouldn't mind it either if it helped me get by.
>>
>>29935510
Cool fairytale bro. Yep lots of dumb af Williamsburg landlords who don't know what their property is worth.
>>
>>29935510
No landlord is that dumb

And someone who actually lives in NYC wouldn't call somewhere a "nigger infested commieblock", the poorest of black folk all live in NYCHA for the most part.
>>
File: thefaceofdoubt1.jpg (33 KB, 607x530) Image search: [Google]
thefaceofdoubt1.jpg
33 KB, 607x530
>>29935546
It's the project next to Cooper Park totally legit Williamsburg guy.
>>
>>29935510
Why the hell would I not want an apartment to myself? I have friends (like 2 or 3) but I'd go crazy living with them.
>>
>>29935598
I'm not the one who claimed to live in Williamsburg, I'm the one who doubted that that guy lives in Williamsburg.

On a side note, how much longer until Bushwick ceases to be the hipster capital in favor of somewhere further East?
>>
>>29935609
But you'd be so lonely living by yourself. Humans are social creatures. Only weirdos and old people like living alone.
>>
>>29935661
I can hang out with my friends on weekend nights

Why the hell would I need to be with people when I'm getting ready for work, sleeping, etc.? Unless it's a gf or wife, of course.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.