[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The weirds sorts of shit our parents did when we were kids.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 422x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 422x349
ITT: The weirds sorts of shit our parents did when we were kids.

I was at a game store today and talking to the guy there about Pokemon Go and the new game coming out in December and it got me thinking:

>Be like 5-6
>Pokemon relatively new
>Mildly obsessed with it
>Parents limit my viewing and never get me any Pokemon stuff when I ask at birthdays and Christmas
>Asked for a gameboy and then a DS for about fifteen years straight
>Spent most of my childhood playing GTA on the ps2

So I asked my mom about it and she said that a lot of the parents were "concerned" about Pokemon because it was "violent" and showed young kids going out exploring without their parents.

>Mom thought GTA was safer for me developmentally than Pokemon
>>
>Mom thought GTA was safer for me developmentally than Pokemon

topkek
>>
My mom used to dress me up like a girl and put makeup on me and call me her little princess.

She is clinically insane though.

Fucked me up pretty bad but I def know I'm straight and I don't even like traps.
>>
>>29925468
my grandmother was concerned about it because it was "satanic" or some shit. she still let me play, though. i wasn't allowed to watch DBZ or power rangers though because they were too violent. and i wasn't allowed to watch the simpsons because it was "lewd, crude, and rude"
>>
Pokemon is viciously addictive. I used to hate when I played it because I could never fucking stop. Ever. GTA is just borderline violent, but you ain't going to put anything you see in it to action in reality.

My stories
>mother decides that yu-gi-oh cards are satan shit
>takes them from me and my brother
>eventually gives them back under the condition that we don't say the word "summon" when we put a card there
>brother be like "Okay Imma put this card here now" looking nervous as fuck
>>
>>29927211
>>brother be like "Okay Imma put this card here now" looking nervous as fuck
topkek
>>
>>29925468
My dad was always trying to 'build character' in me and 'toughen me up'.
Too bad it had the precise opposite effect and turned me into the beta wizard faggot I am today.
>>
File: 1454100540053.png (273 KB, 873x899) Image search: [Google]
1454100540053.png
273 KB, 873x899
>>29927211
quality kek
>>
why are parents always so fucking stupid?
>>
>>29927352
only normies breed. normies are stupid as fuck
>>
File: blank.png (608 KB, 445x646) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
608 KB, 445x646
>>29927211
I P-PUT DOWN SOMETHINGED SKULL IN ATTACK POSITION AND END MY TURN
>>
my parents made me wear these faggy tennis shoes with excessive arch support because
>muh arch support
and I developed weak arches and got flat feet
when I started getting the joint pain I got fat and they just thought I was lazy. no longer fat but still virgin
>>
>>29926944
Traps don't usually like traps, famm.
>>
>>29927432

You gotta sacrifi- I mean "turn in" another mon- "creature" to put down the somethibg Skull.
>>
>>29926303
best response
/thread
>>
File: feel ride.png (66 KB, 443x531) Image search: [Google]
feel ride.png
66 KB, 443x531
>>29927432
>>29927502
>these niggas making fun of me
>nailing exactly how me and my brother had to play from then on
this fucking life, I tell you that...
>>
>>29925468
GTA is safer for you than Pokemon, Pokemon is an autistic cartoon fantasy while GTA is close to reality and will better prep you for the real world.
>>
>>29927496
yes they do you fucking retarded newfaggot
>>
I was encouraged to dumpster dive by my parents.
>Tfw I found cool shit and gave my dad a brand new dresser.
>Smugface.jpg
>>
File: 1459796131370.png (247 KB, 420x634) Image search: [Google]
1459796131370.png
247 KB, 420x634
>>29927664
Right one here.
>>
>>29927664
>everyone making "feminine penis" gayshit posts is a doughboy nigger

It makes so much sense
>>
>>29926303
>top kekleon
FTFU
>>
>>29927555
>close to reality
Amerifag detected.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.