[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unemployed General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x960
>go to Starbucks that just opened up by my house and ask if they are hiring
>Employee tells me to apply online which is code for "you're not getting the job"
>a week later a friend tries to get me hired at his job
>puts in a great word for me
>give them my resume , the manager isn't there so they say they'll give me a call to talk further
>few days later friend tells me he hear the higher ups talking and it seems like the job is basically mine
>that was last week
>still no call
>>
>"the successful applicant will be hard-working, enthusiastic and have a passion for customer service"
>close tab
Anyone else?
>>
bumpity bumperino robots
>>
>>29923881

Same. I wish I could have a job where I could be in a back room and I wouldn't have to pretend to enjoy it.
>>
>>29923958
I have this job, apply at dive bars that sell food for a cook position. Generally youre the only one in the kitchen.
>>
>>29923881

>mfw they expect you to be some grinning idiot excited to work a shitty wage slave job
>>
>local unemployment office gets me to apply at gamestop
>do it
>they act like i have the job
>4 weeks later still no phone call
>yesterday apply at walmart again

If that doesn't go through I'm gonna say fuck it and go on welfare. Do you get to choose how much you get from it?
>>
>>29923716
you do actually have to apply online you big stupid fuck

http://www.starbucks.com/careers
>>
>>29924078
I hate to agree with you, because you're trying a bit too hard to be edgy and fit in, but yeah. Most places now only let you apply online.
When I go job hunting, it's rare for me to get an application.
I pretty much gave up on getting a job now. No idea how to get NEETbux though.
>>
>>29924008
The thing that irritates me most isn't that their requirements are inflated for what is basic work, but that their requirements aren't even selecting the best applicants.

How many times have you gone into a store and met some very friendly but ultimately incompetent staff? It's every place I visit. I'm almost ready to begin treating everybody who smiles at me like the idiots they inevitably turn out to be. And given these entry positions are inundated with all kinds of applicants, I just know that they have turned away some genuinely competent individuals, and probably because they didn't lie on their resume and don't grin like halfwits.
>>
>>29924407
That's moreso managerial incompetence

Anyone can work in retail, but maintaining a positive mood for customers is difficult when your manager is a shithead

Also retail is for young kids. I can understand why anyone over 40 is depressed working there, because they have basically failed at life
>>
>>29924078
i did after she told me to

havent heard anything back
>>
File: 422313.jpg (33 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
422313.jpg
33 KB, 400x388
>>29923716
>tfw you're in the middle of a job interview and bombing it, but they're still asking you questions and you have to put up with it for another 15 minutes even though all parties know you won't be getting a job
>tfw job interviews make you unreasonably tired so that by the time you're on the train home, you feel dead and have to go home and sleep for 12 hours that night
>>
>>29924737
I know that feel.

Been at home for 6 months now. I had saved up a lot of cash for my own home. When I wanted to apply for welfare they told me I should first use my savings.

What I fucking hate the most is the fact that working people have the audacity to wish you luck in searching for another job.

Right now I am overqualified for the menial jobs, but underqualified for the positions in my degree because I lack certain skills.
>>
After 6 months of unemployment I luckily just got a job, but because it's only part-time, looking for a second one.

It's rare to find a full-time job, so now I have to go through the whole fucking process again
>>
>>29923716
I NEED SOME FUCKING VIDYA GIVE ME A DAMN JOB
>>
>>29923716
I thought being a NEET is a great thing?
Another day another dollar, cuckslave, etc?
>>
Applying online is the norm now, especially for big chain stores. When I worked at McDonald's it was always awkward when people would come by with their resume because it was like... Um, I'll take it but this means literally nothing here.
>>
>>29925530
does't it mean they are showing interest(tm)?
>>
Okay guys stop lol.

A manager telling you the online store code to apply is not code for not interested, it means they literally cannot do anything with a physical application except hand it into their HR at the end of their shift if they have time, which most managers simply fucking don't because they have insane amounts of OT and just want to go home when they can. Most places require you to apply online regardless. I think I've ever only seen one store that had a physical application and it was a hole in the wall public laundry mat.

Secondly, customer service isn't all about being a bubbly pile of sappy shit. If you're applying for a sales associate position you actually don't have to act like that cuck that never shuts the fuck up in a store. My friend is hands down one of the most angry sounding, monotone, just fucking completely UNINTERESTED looking mother fucker, he doesn't do the bullshit and refuses to, he flourished in sales because people took his "advice" (sales pitch) 100% seriously compared to the happy bubbly girl. Became a regional manager.

Even cashier positions, like, long as you can say hi, ring shit up, and point retards to the right area then you're fine.

And if all that is too hard, night time stock positions is literally where the neets and shut ins flock to because of the obvious.
>>
File: fIS5t.jpg (200 KB, 956x852) Image search: [Google]
fIS5t.jpg
200 KB, 956x852
>>29923716
>have a chad brother
>his friends mom is the head of HR at some huge company
>he says he'll get her to get me a job there
>email her, she replies, says she'll tell the hiring department to look at my application, and apply online and let her know what for
>do all that
>haven't heard back in over a week
i haven't had a "real job" since like october
>>
>>29923958
>Stockroom.
don't have to look happy
don't have to talk to customers
>>
File: 1468109735750.jpg (259 KB, 393x829) Image search: [Google]
1468109735750.jpg
259 KB, 393x829
>please supply 2000 professional references and 6 million personal ones
>>
Christ, I hated being unemployed. Still living at home, no regular money coming in, having to rely on a stingy parent for nearly everything. Constantly had to find & do odd jobs and/or work for the gov like voting poll worker or jury duty. Going on interviews for jobs I know I wasn't getting as soon as I walked in the door. Being on SNAP/EBT.... ugh.

On my own now, and while I'm disliking my job these days, I'll soldier through so I never go back to being unemployed.
>>
>>29923716

>told to apply online which is code for 'you're not getting a job'

FUCKING
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For some reason I doubt you'll believe me but so many places ONLY take online applications, the larger the company the more likely they will only take or prefer online applications. That's what they do at my job, everybody including myself at my job got the job by applying online.

Furthermore showing up in person and asking about a job, then going home and applying online like they tell you to is a great way to get a job. Showing up in person makes a big difference, I would even show up after you apply online and drop your name, saying you applied.

No hard feelings to those who don't actually want to work, btw.
>>
File: 1445319383058.jpg (129 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1445319383058.jpg
129 KB, 668x712
100 years ago I probably get a ditch digging job by just showing up.

Fuck them. I've given up. I'm not putting in the all this effort just to have a sliver of a chance of getting hired.
>>
What I hate is articles telling you that you should change your Resume or not have some feature that last year every HR person wanted.

A few years ago you absolutely had to have Good team worker, enthusiastic self starter, and shit like that.
Then they get sick of that and suddenly the HR people hate last years buzzwords and want new buzzwords.

Only have one page!
Always have two pages!
Don't say "skilled with Word/Excel" we all assume everyone can type now...
You have to say that you can type properly because we can't assume you have the skills.
List relevant education, then relevant experience.
No! list Experience then education.
Put a picture on it, we throw out any resumes that don't have pictures!
Don't put a picture on it, it makes you look egotistical!

Obviously the people giving advice have to give different advice every year or else they'd be out of job, we'd just read last years article and be done with it.

Fucking bullshit.
>>
Is this purely an american thing?

A fucking leaf here. I've had 12 different jobs in 7 years, and I've turned down at least 4. It is taken me no longer than 4 days to find a job anytime I needed one, and usually sooner. Wtf?
>>
>>29926629
Get the fuck out of here and never come back you normie piece of shit
>>
>>29926629
depends on the job market a little but a lot of it is the person... you might just not look like a freak, and not be totally socially incompetent and anxious.
Also you're probably more willing to lie about yourself.

I've spent weeks walking around my town applying in stores for work and nothing.

Going through job adverts, sending in applications... and nothing.
Then my attractive friend says "ugh if you wanted a job you'd have a job by now, I could get a job in 3 days."
>>
File: 1453482320226.jpg (46 KB, 524x526) Image search: [Google]
1453482320226.jpg
46 KB, 524x526
>entry level position
>"minimum 2 years of experience"

Fuck off and die, hiring managers
>>
>dad had a friend who know works as manager of a local bank
>go in for basic interview, goes well
>says the next person I'd hear from is the Regional Manager
>RM calls me, unfortunately I'm visiting my old grandma so can't come in for interview until next week
>he says it's all good and he'll call dad's friend
>never happens, call twice and email

He's a ghosting bitch

Also what does it take these days to get an entry level FOOD SERVICE job?

>Apply for Moe's, equivalent of Chipotle
>hit all the marks, give them all days except Sunday and part of Saturday
>hear NOTHING

FUCK
>>
>>29926377
>
Furthermore showing up in person and asking about a job, then going home and applying online like they tell you to is a great way to get a job.

That's what I fucking did and I called them 2 days after applying and they said they have no hours currently. They had a now hiring sign up too.
>>
>Apply for printing company.
>First interview with this guy was great, he was nice grounded and promoted from the bottom.
>Had a second interview with a born manager.
>He had the fakest smile and car salesman look.
>He gave forced smiles every 5 minutes
>Basically told me to fuck off.
Next time I'm doing fucking phone interviews.
>>
>>29924048
Yeah you can just ask for a million and they'll give it to you
It's how I became a neet millionaire

It depends on your situation
I know some people who get $80 im food stamps
>>
>>29925304

>being "overqualified" for menial jobs

Shut the fuck up, dude.

I'm a manager and one of my associates has his CPA, and he literally stocks food for a living. Why? Because he's socially retarded, like you, but unlike you he's accepted his failures and taken a "menial" job.

God, I hate you fuckers, pretending like you're somehow better than everyone else. Explains why you're unemployed and wanting to suck up welfare, you useless piece of shit.
>>
>get interview
>fucking roastie doing the interview
>don't get position

>few days later get another interview same place
>a nice guy is doing the interview
> get the other position I applied for

If the interviewer is a roastie or a woman you already lost, sorry robots
>>
>>29927439
FYI being overqualified means they don't want to hire you because they fear you'll run off the moment you sniff a job opportunity that matches your skills, not that you think the job's below you
>>
File: dt_150206_suicide_gun_800x600.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dt_150206_suicide_gun_800x600.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
im going to end up hanging myself in my room before any of the 1000000 jobs I apply to and follow up on fucking call me back or give me an interview. I cant fucking stand living in my parents shithole APT in this LOUD fucking shithole smelly moldy building. Can barely sleep.

Chad "Connections" Thundercock and Bob Boomer told me fast food would hire me on the spot. Bullshit. Ignored and turned down at one
>>
>>29927100
>what is an internship
>>
>>29928866
how's slavery going to bring bread to your table?
>>
I got two jobz. I work hard guys and money is awesome.
>>
>>29928892
internship doesn't mean you work for free
>>
>>29928910
I work two jobs too, but their part-time.
a real hero would have a full-time job.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.