[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P-pls help me guys i need a question answered for pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
P-pls help me guys i need a question answered for pic related.

Xanax, benzos, klopinon, anti-anxiey.

Does the above help if a person cannot bring themselves to do a task due to a fear of failure? E.g. coursework
>>
Maybe if you mix it with amphetamines. Benzos make you sloppy and dumb and lazy.
>>
I guess amphetamines would be more helpful in that situation.
>>
xanax is a good fuck-it-all drug, you won't give a shit about anything. it's kind of like being half drunk without being drunk.

so yes it can help. the problem is that shit is addictive and the withdrawal symptoms are AWFUL, like worse than heroin withdrawal awful.
>>
>>29922847
Depends on the drug. the task, and the individual. It's worth a shot, but therapy-- on its own or with the drugs-- would probably help more.
>>
>>29922877
>>29922871
>>29922867
>>29922863
Tfw ambiguous answers. It's okay guys, my passive inaction towards everything will be the end of me
>>
Why are Americans so happy to be pepped up on cocktails of drugs all the time? I'm fucked in the head myself. I feel unglued by inexplicable anxiety and paranoia and I've had constant derealization for about 2 years now, but I'm still not going to make myself dependant on some chemical Jew which will only end up making me suffer more.
>>
>>29922904
Nigga you need some amphetamines. Great confidence booster, great energy. Don't listen to fucks who go on about addiction. Keep it under 50mg/day orally.

Used speed for the past 5 years 4-5 days a week. Taking a bit of a break now.
>>
insufflate methylphenidate

like a good lad.
>>
>>29923003
Methylphenidate is a good alternative to speed, and doesn't have as much peripheral stimulation. Great for focusing.
>>
>>29922904
okay so here's my experience u fucktwat

xanax - low dose (.1-.5) will get you sleepy and you will not really want to do much of anything. mentally you will be relaxed so yes that fear will be gone but most likely you will just feel too sluggish to accomplish anything. you could spend time building a tolerance to it but you'll probably also build a tolerance to its mental effects. high doses (.5-2.0)though seem to send my mind into overdrive where i'm flooded with thoughts, almost like speed but without the dirty edge to it. thing is though, you become an idiot. you lose all fear but with that goes your critical thought process. honestly xanax is best reserved for panic attacks. take a different benzo if you want to be active.
>>
>>29922982
How do you manage to get by on 50mg a day?

Whenever I use speed regularly my tolerance scyrockets after just a few days.
>>
might as well be taking z drugs.
>>
>>29923021
>>29923003
Psychiatrist prescribed me ritalin. I only get therapeutic effects at 10mg with a full stomach, but not enouh to make me take action and actually do it. I just feel more focused. If i take more than 10mg such as 20mg then i get hear palpitations and feeling like i need to escape from my own body sort of thing.

Pls help. Dr. /R9k/
>>
>>29923035
I'm suggesting 50mg max for a noob so his tolerance doesn't go up too fast. He only needs a boost, not to get all geeked out.

For me, 50mg/day base, but there are definitely days of going though have a gram.
>>
>>29923119
I dont want to feel confident i just want to be able to do my tasks. Confidence can come after. Pls help me, nigger
>>
>>29923109
stock up in the ritalin they prescribe you and sell it, and get better drugs.

sincerely, anon.
>>
>>29922847
>Does the above help if a person cannot bring themselves to do a task due to a fear of failure?

No? Those drugs are central nervous system depressants. They're used to stop or prevent seizures, or intense panic attacks.

They're also highly physically dependent. If you took any of those for about a month straight, you wouldn't be able to quit without rehabilitation. You can't depress your nervous system on a long-term basis and just expect your body to bounce back unfazed. If you've never had a nervous breakdown before, you certainly will when you go through benzo withdrawal.
>>
>>29923214
Take the speed and ignore the confidence then nigger? What the fuck.

Get on the darknet, find a reseller of SuperSpeedBros and buy a couple grams right now. Shit's so cheap. Only stick to this vendor though.
>>
Try buspirone. It helps with anxiety and panic attacks. Only drawback is it makes you a little dizzy
>>
File: 1147142.jpg (30 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
1147142.jpg
30 KB, 800x532
>>29923109
Did you just swallow the pill?

Every ritalin I had so far was in release capsules, meaning inside the pill, there are little pellets that contain the ritalin (see pic related).

Crush those pellets and then snort or swallow the powder. If you react that strongly to swallowing 20mg, taking 10mg like this should be enough to give you some motivation.
>>
>>29922847
Except not doing the task IS failure...so this makes no sense
>>
Got xanax after chasing for it.

Went into it legitimately hoping it would help with anxiety and fear of failure, etc.

It just turned me into a fuckhead who not only didn't give a shit about failing (which made me fail more), it also made me not care about other people or myself. It makes you just do things without that voice in your head that tells you it's a bad idea, and that's for everything. Drive home so drunk and high off xanax you can't even see straight? Great idea. Punch your friend because he said you didn't like fights and you had no reason you could consider not to? Awesome life choice. Get some random customer service girl you took a disliking to fired for no good reason? Sweet as. Use your head as a battering ram against the nose of the dude who bumped into you in a club accidentally? Fuck yeah man.

Been off that shit over a year and I still crave it. Didn't actually get any bad withdrawals though despite abusing the fuck out of them for 1 year+
>>
>>29923278
Then what drug do you recommend?

My psychiatrist thinks the best course of action is to force myself to experience uncomfortable stimuli, which means forcing myself to do things even if i fear failure, but the fuck man? Im not doing anything because the fear is so ingrained i avoid it before i even start.

Anyway, you sound experienced on the subject, any drug recommendations?
>>
>>29923292

Buspirone functions like an SSRI, including the risk of suicide and other potentially extreme side-effects. I would never in good faith recommend an anti-depressant or other medication based on a similar mechanism of action, especially not to a young man. Young men are the most prone to suicidal ideation as a result of the drugs' side-effects. Doctors should be ashamed to prescribe this shit, except in the most extreme cases that absolutely warrant it.
>>
>>29923324
Nah f-f-senpai. My mind operates like this, if i dont try i still fail but if i dont try i dont experience failure.

JUST. FUCKING JUST
>>
>>29923347
>Then what drug do you recommend?

I don't. You need psychotherapy, not medication.

>My psychiatrist thinks the best course of action is to force myself to experience uncomfortable stimuli

That's how cognitive-behavioral therapy works. You have to force yourself into situations you'd normally avoid, otherwise your brain will never rewire itself.

We all learn through repetition. The only way to program out a bad habit or a pervasive thought process is by forcing the mind into situations it doesn't want to be in. The mind has no choice but to adapt by acknowledging your new routine. Eventually (very gradually) you dull or overcome your painful reactions to certain stimuli.
>>
>>29922847
In the short term it will help as long as you take some caffeine or something with them because you'll probably get sleepy.

In the long term benzos fuck your gaba regulation so hard in the ass your brain will take at least 6 months to recover, and after the initial 2-12 week withdraw period you will have a higher level of anxiety, stress, and fear than you did before which will be quite paralyzing

t. ex benzo addict
>>
>>29923336
How'd you finally get xanax? I guess i wont chase for it then, but out of curiosity, how did you get it? How many appointments did you have with the doc before he prescribed them to you?
What did you tell him?
Was he suspicious?
>>
>>29923402
What kind of psychotherapy? There's a bunch of different psychotherapies from what i can see on Wikipedia

What so you mean i'll be forced to adapt? I enrolled in a business course at the earnest recommendation of my psychiatrist. If shit gets too hard wont my mind lose focus and perform even worse?
>>
>>29923414
Literally one appointment. Was the same GP I'd been going to for minor shit for about a year.

Went in there, spilled my depression/anxiety story, said I had read about anti-depressants and was really scared of going on them. Said my dad had tried them and didn't react well. Said I felt like if my burden was lightened a bit I could deal with it on my own. Asked if there was any alternatives to anxiety medication that wasn't a long term daily anti-depressant. Immediately got a trial of xanax, went back a month later said it was helping was wasn't that strong and wore off very quick and he bumped it up.
>>
>>29923409

I've been through benzo withdrawals as well. A few months is probably an understatement. Some people experience withdrawals for more than a year. Some people require constant hospitalization so they don't commit suicide to escape the sheer insanity of withdrawal symptoms.

Basically, don't take benzos. You're fucking with a very important part of your brain that regulates your central nervous system, and this is a very difficult thing for your body to compensate for once you quit the medication. Once the meds are out of your system, every bit of stimuli you experience is going to be magnitudes more overwhelming, to such a degree that every nerve in your body is going to feel hyper-stimulated and over-stressed. It's not painful; it's something worse than pain. It's like being sent to some eldritch hell with new and exotic forms of torture, and being given new senses to feel it with.
>>
>>29923485
Australia? If yes, Sydney?

The fuck man i thought only psychiatrists can prescribe hard drugs. I didnt GPs can prescribe do that. Then i can probably go doctor shopping and make up some bullshit story to each GP for amphetamines until i get them.

Holy fuck i didnt know GPs can prescribe these drugs.
>>
File: 1459474922108.jpg (158 KB, 800x779) Image search: [Google]
1459474922108.jpg
158 KB, 800x779
>>29922847
I was prescribed xanax for a while for extreme anxiety. made me nice and calm for about three hours then i would just fall asleep. even if it was in the middle of the day. it did not really seem to have any inebriating effects but i just couldn't take it anymore because it would just knock my ass out.
>>
>>29922847
>>29922847
Depends on your thesis. If it involves social communication then fuck no.
>>
>>29923475

Psychotherapy = performing exercises with a therapist, or "talk therapy"

Cognitive-behavioral therapy (i.e. forcing yourself to deal with unpleasant stimuli) is just one form of psychotherapy, and this is likely the form of therapy that you require.

Do you have an intense fear of failure? Then CBT for you would probably involve simulating such situations. For instance, the therapist might role-play with you, going over scenarios of rejection. I can't say for sure since I'm not a therapist. But that's probably the general idea.

>What so you mean i'll be forced to adapt?

Replacing one habit or thought process with another.

As a personal example: I wasn't able to leave my house at one point in time. Doing so provoked panic attacks. There was something in my thought process that was triggering this reaction. The only way to overcome it was by gradually exposing myself to the outdoors. Yes, I absolutely had panic attacks when I did so, but continuing to force myself into these situations gradually made the panic attacks diminish in intensity until they disappeared altogether.

Again, the brain learns through repetition. Want to learn a new language? You have to keep repeating the vocabulary to yourself until you remember it. Psychological concepts work the same way. Don't want to have panic attacks when you leave the house? Then you need to get your brain used to dealing with that kind of stimuli, and the only way to do it is by going outside repeatedly.
>>
I don't use Xanax (Alprazolam), I use other RCs similar to it like Etizolam or Clonazolam.

One day I did way too much etizolam in a binge and three days later I came to and realized that I ate the entire baggy of like a hundred doses.
>>
>>29923655
But i cant take the first step. Ive been like this for 5 years now. Part of the fear is that people will ridicule me for being a beta male and hence im a target so i want to go to the gym to look less of a target before i engage with society but i cant even be consistent with the fucking gym because i need to eat to get muscle and making new recipes intimidates me because i fear fucking up a recipe even though i know, logically, i can always try again with no repercussions.

How can i even take the first step if im like this?
>>
>>29923679
>alprozolam
Are you from Sydney?

Djjd
>>
>>29923731
>scared of cooking
Top fucking kek
>>
>>29923742
No, I just use the correct chemical names. Murrican. I'm into Chemistry.
>>
>>29923554
Not Sydney, WA. And apparently so. I've never even seen a psych.

After he bumped me up a dose he gave me 5 repeat scripts for 100mg of xanax a month. I was selling those motherfuckers and eating them like candy. Xanax is the worst fucking drug ever though, and like a lot of people say I spent a lot of time passing out. When I wasn't out doing stupid shit I would get home at 5pm from work and pass out at 5.30pm until I had to get up at 7am the next day.
>>
>>29923793
Did he put you on something called a "Mental Health Care Plan"? Im seeing some Iranian GP. He isnt helping at all, he just pushes all the work to my psychiatrist. Guess ill have to find an aussie GP?
>>
>>29923731
>But i cant take the first step

Yes you can. You just aren't willing to help yourself. There's no quick-fix solution that's miraculously going to absolve all your anxiety. It doesn't work that way. You'll have to force yourself to deal with a lot of rejection before you can numb yourself to it.

It would probably help if you tried to embrace a different mindset, as well. Why are you so concerned with external validation in the first place? Logically, what other people think about you doesn't matter. They're not you. They don't understand what it's like to walk a mile in your shoes, and they certainly don't know what's best for you.

The only person any of us can ultimately be responsible for is ourselves. And by responsibility I don't mean "fault," I mean acknowledging things you have to deal with because they're internal to you. Take responsibility for what's going on in your head and start dealing with it. Nobody else can reach into your head and rewire your brain for you.
>>
>>29923951
Okay you have a point ill keep it as food for thought.

It's just that if i start the business course, and im always 20 minutes late to class and fuck up coursework. People might look down on me and end up bullying me and hence making me feel even more shit and more avoidant
>>
>>29924034
Actually, im probably exaggerating. I dont ill get bullied in an adult environment.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.