[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Obscure Feel/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ntrrrt4.jpg (84 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
ntrrrt4.jpg
84 KB, 500x599
Saudade

>Saudade is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never return.[2] A stronger form of saudade might be felt towards people and things whose whereabouts are unknown, such as a lost lover, or a family member who has gone missing, moved away, separated, or died.

Saudade was once described as "the love that remains" after someone is gone. Saudade is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, well-being, which now triggers the senses and makes one live again. It can be described as an emptiness, like someone (e.g., one's children, parents, sibling, grandparents, friends, pets) or something (e.g., places, things one used to do in childhood, or other activities performed in the past) that should be there in a particular moment is missing, and the individual feels this absence. It brings sad and happy feelings altogether, sadness for missing and happiness for having experienced the feeling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudade

- - -

Earlier today I was going through old pictures from when I was a kid; I rarely do, and for good reason.

It makes me miss the simpler, joyful parts of my life, when I was naive and young, but It also makes me feel bad for myself, my past self.

Looking at me and my siblings as kids, and thinking to myself of the years of hell that will follow, to me, is one of the worst feelings imaginable, but I don't know why.

- - -

Post your obscure feels
>>
>>29922819
>tfw no gf
>tfw this is not original
>>
That's all pretentious bullshit. That word is literally used to describe when you miss anything. It's not "an intense feeling." Fuck off.

t. actually speak Portuguese
>>
>>29922895
cala boca fdp deixa o gringo paga um pal
>>
>>29922895
Not really.

Nostalgia and missing something are different.

Missing something is longing for it.
Nostalgia is being sad and happy at the same time, looking back at memories and past adventures.

It is a very obscure feeling as it is often clouded by the feeling/color/smell of a moment.
Missing something is a straight forward singular emotion.

"I miss my car, its at the shop, i miss it because i want to drive"

however

"I miss my car i had when i was young, it is gone now but i had so many fond memories with my friends or whatevertheshit there"

One is about the car
One is about a time period and a mish mash of all the feeling and impressions from that time.
>>
>>29923033
Portuguese language, while more complex, is definitely a lot more expressive than the english language
>>
>>29923059
I didn't get that the word was Portuguese

I just thought it was some obscure english word that people weren't using colloquially.

Regardless of what that word means, Nostaliga and simply missing something are not the same.

Its like saying that hunger and the feeling you want to fart is the same.
Yes you feel both in your tummy, but there is still a nuance there.
>>
>>29923033
>>29923157
That word literally means missing though. Pls stop the memes, they are not funny but annoying.
>>
>>29923190
>That word literally means missing though
No it doesn't man
Nostalgia is that buzzing feel when you hear/see/feel something from your childhood or younger times and you get that happy/sad mix
>>
>>29923223
I never claimed the contrary, I just said saudade is not nostalgia. It applies to literally anything, and is not some sort of profound feeling. That's a meme invented by third generation Portuguese-American writers that went too far.
>>
bump

original 2122
>>
I prefer mono no aware, but

https://youtu.be/W0CBzKfvA80
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 390x520) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 390x520
>tfw the cute disabled girl is walking around your campus again and you don't know if you're staring out of pity or some strange affection.
>tfw you keep coming to this board despite the fact that you know it's the least healthy thing you could be doing but you're not allowed to feel like shit anywhere else.
>>
>>29922819
Everybody feels that, you pretentious fdp. Other languages simply have different expressions for it.
Quanto br nessa porra de /r9k/, e ainda querem se mostrar
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.