[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, whats wrong with being proud of your race?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: ço.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ço.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
Seriously, whats wrong with being proud of your race?
>>
go away will
>>
>>29922791
Whites are the only race that has done anything worthwhile in modern times.

Therefore we must act like we have done nothing at all because it makes the negros upset.
>>
Retarded bait. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your cultural heritage. I'm quite certain St. Patrick's Day parades are based around this very concept, so don't claim "But the evil SJW boogeyman won't let me have my white pride!"
>>
It's the same as being proud of your country.
Taking credit for shit that you didn't do.
Do it if it makes you feel better, because you have no accomplishments of your own.
>>
>>29922791
Being proud of something you had nothing to do with never makes sense
>>
Are we being raided by /pol/ right now?
>>
>>29922824
Asians have also done a shit ton. Japan or Korea are the only places i would go to if I was going to live in a non-western country. Everyone else is basically in the stone age.
>>
>>29922919
>asians have done stuff bro
>proceeds to spill weeb-spaghetti all over keyboard

lol ok
>>
>>29922901
...but I and my fellow western Europeans do have a part in it; namely that we conduct ourselves in such a way that we create and maintain pleasant communities that non-whites the world over always trying to immigrate to.
>>
>>29922791
Why would you take pride in the accomplishments of other people?
>>
File: new bridann.jpg (76 KB, 581x592) Image search: [Google]
new bridann.jpg
76 KB, 581x592
>>29922791
its okay, and a little banter is cool aswell. But some people take it too far, and its only then when its wrong. Thats the real issue, people being retards, somethimes they go too far in one direction and simply are dumb. Thats the issue at large.
But then agian what is too far, i think i have a vivid understandingof that, so im not too asertive. Atleast im honest of baing stupid and am open to new stuff, they simply just join a bandwagon or realdily.
>>
File: Julius_Caesar_Based.jpg (23 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Caesar_Based.jpg
23 KB, 320x480
>>29922901
I agree with that for shit like being proud that you're gay. To me that is stupid because there isn't much to be proud of. But with being white (or another race) you can look back into your history and see great people that you can associate with and be proud that you have some relation with them on a metaphysical level. At that point it's not just being proud that you're white, it's being proud of your history and ancestry.
>>
>>29922932
I'm not a weeb lol. I'm just saying I would rather live there than fucking Saudi Arabia or something. It definitely wouldn't be my first choice.
>>
>being proud based on the randomness of being born as part of a certain group of humans
>>
Nothing

If you're not white apparently
>>
>>29922791
Do you want black lives matter?
Because, that's how you get black lives matter.
>>
>>29922791
Because you didn't personally fucking contribute to any of its accomplishments, retard.

It's like when assholes are like, "The French should be more grateful! We bailed their asses out in WW2!" and I'm sitting there like "We did that? You and me? Holy shit, man, I've been blacked out drunk a LOT, but I think I'd remember storming fucking Omaha beach. Where's the goddamn time machine, anyway? Can we go get some Roman pussy?"

etc. etc. oregano
>>
Racial pride is kinda stupid and is practiced mostly by degenerate skinheads.

Prioritizing your own race and realizing its strengths and weaknesses, as one would with any dog breed, however, is patrician.
>>
>>29923155
You dumbass.

You feel pride in those accomplishments, in the achievements and inventions of the people of your race and country and strive to emulate them, to surpass them, to have a new generation of achievements, to stand on the shoulders of giants and further your race and country with meaningful work or accomplishments.

Thats what white pride is, thats what American patriotism is.
>>
inb4 WE WUZ ROMANS, WE WUZ EINSTEIN
>>
>>29923155
this is a fucking reddit tier response
>>
>>29923237
I must be a dumbass, because I completely fail to see how

>and strive to emulate them, to surpass them, to have a new generation of achievements, to stand on the shoulders of giants and further your race and country with meaningful work or accomplishments.

has anything the fuck to do with

>You feel pride in those accomplishments, in the achievements and inventions of the people of your race and country

The second part does not require the first part in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I'd argue that having pride in shit YOU DIDN'T FUCKING DO is more likely to make the second part not fucking happen.

I don't see racial-pride motherfuckers of any variety doing anything positive for society, and never have.
>>
>>29923230
>degenerate skinheads
*minorities
>>
>>29922791
your race contains normalfags, that's what wrong
Normalfags of every race should be gassed
>>
>>29923237
Tell me this. What has America actually accomplished?
>>
>>29923294
>I have no argument, so I'm just gonna yell reddit and facebook and normie and reee.

Yep, this is an /r9k/ tier response. Good job.
>>
>>29922791
is that sammyclassicsonicfan?
>>
It's okay to have pride in your race, if it's contributed something to the world.
>>
>f>u>c>k>o>f>f>2>>>/pol/
>>
>>29922901
>you can't be proud of other people
what?
>>
>>29923334
kys dude man

reddit
>>
>>29923334
You have to go back, back to the reddit!
>>
>>29923351
stop polluting this board with your identity politics babble you normie
>>
>>29923329
no, his name is will toledo
>>
I'm white and I don't get racial pride?

What's the point exactly, I'm not trying to be SJW here but I am a NEET who hasn't really left the house in 4 years.

I had both white and black friends when growing up though and I never had any problems with people from different ethnicities, and I really like Turkish food so I'd rather have them stay in my country.

Being proud over your race seems superficial to me.
>>
whites are the only race of people who think it's a character flaw to help one another
>>29922791
because unless you're the brand of white that's from up near germany or some brand of east asian your people are objectively less than those other two i just mentioned
>>
Wojak representing white power, stacking bodies higher than trump tower
>>
>>29922919
Nice oversimplifications and argument with no intellectual bias you fucking cunt. Go back to /r/asianmasculinity and hang yourself. Singapore is untenably better to reside in than most of South Korea, as well as some parts of China. The idea of 'whitey' isn't even coherent to anyone other than SJWs and anti-SJW retards, some 'white' countries have achieved plenty, and others have done jack shit (funnily enough these countries produce the most white ethnonationalists) and jump on the bandwagon.

>>29922791
There's nothing wrong with it if you are to a healthy extent. If you want to hurt and belittle people of other races just as a flair of being proud of your own race it would show your personal insecurity, though
>>
File: R1il6cS.jpg (216 KB, 915x678) Image search: [Google]
R1il6cS.jpg
216 KB, 915x678
>>29922791
Who here /proudofheight/?
>tfw I am 6'4
>tfw all of the greatest men in history were above 6'
>tfw Nikola Tesla was 6'1
>tfw I am Nikola Tesla

Who here /Nikola Telsa not a manlet/ masterrace, boys?
>>
People always seem to think that this topic is people feeling proud of themselves for things they didn't do, which is incorrect.

It's not pride in yourself, it's pride in others for creating the relatively clean, safe and prosperous environment that you may inhabit.

It's like they're so selfish themselves they can't fathom the idea of being proud of someone else.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (126 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
126 KB, 728x546
>>29922791
There's nothing wrong with it, per say, but to me it indicates an inability to reason abstractly and out things into perspective.
Being proud of your race is kind of like winning the lottery and being proud of being rich. It was a rol of the dice, it wasn't something you laboured towards and has to fight to earn.
>>
>>29923428
Look up Jared Taylor videos on YouTube, he makes the best argument for this.
>>
>>29922892

Why is it considered normal to be a proud fan of a sports team, even when you didn't do shit to help them win? Why is it normal to be proud of your country when you're just 1 out of millions and had almost nothing to do with your country's success?

Why is it NOT normal to be proud of your race (only if you're white tho).
>>
>>29923341
Im proud of my brother for doing well in his job and getting promoted and headhunted a bunch of times because I know his character, I know his history, his obstacles, how hard he worked and I know what is at stake, because I know his wife and daughter.

But I'm not proud of his co-workers because I don't know them.
>>
Beign proud of something you had no control over makes you a loser
>>
>>29924137
>tfw proud of parents and Nikola Telsa for making me 6'4
>tfw think anyone below 6' should be exterminated

TALL PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
>>29923085

We already have BLM. There isn't an equivalent group for Whites that isn't vilified in mainstream culture though.
>>
>>29924223
There is some extent an incentive for groups for BLM to exist and for whites to condone it but not vice versa because the majority of cops in the united states are white, and the majority of perceivable 'oppressors' are white in white countries. Equivalents of BLM for whites might start existing in countries where whites will emigrate to though like the shitty group that hosted a bunch of guys to dress up like spartans in China
>>
People are only proud of their race/nationality if they as an individual have done nothing to take pride in, it's sad really. Most of the people you see who talk about their "white-pride" are outcasts on the fringes of society. Well-adjusted people have more important things to care about.
>>
>>29924137
Wait, so let me get this straight, you be sayin' that you proud of....YOUR PRIVILEGE.

So, the tumblr memes were correct?
>>
File: ukqHfgy.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ukqHfgy.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
It's like what my boy schop said about national pride, only utter losers with nothing of their own to be proud of latch on to bullshit like racial pride
>>
>>29922791
Nothing, as long as you aren't an asshole
>>
>>29924083
height is an interesting thing.
not that many men are over 6' tall.
but being in the top ~20% isn't good enough.
You have to be noticeably tall.
And because so many men "round up" their height you get weird things happening.
I'm almost exactly 6' tall.
I don't feel tall.
I have a few friends who are much taller.
But people tell me I'm tall.
Women say "you're tall"
>I'm only 6'.
"No, my ex/some other man was 6' and you're noticeably taller."
>He was lying about his height.

6' is above average, 82% of men are shorter.
6'3'' is rare, only 2.5% of men are taller.
6'4'' about 99/100 men are shorter than this.

But because so many men claim an extra inch or two women have no idea what the number is.
OKcupid's height data is almost exactly 2 inches off the real distribution.
That chart is accurate, but you have to drop all the numbers by 1 or 2 inches.
>>
>>29922919
>Asians
>only includes 2 nationalizes
KEK, the majority of them don't do shit and they're all 3rd world shitters
>>
The problem with racial pride is that the people to subscribe to this form of pride tend to only take credit for the good their race has done whilst never even acknowledging the bad.
If taking credit for the achievements of memebers of your race makes you feel good then by all means have your pride, but also be prepared to take credit for all of the bad that memebers of your race have caused. If you decide to revoke your individualism for racial collectivism, than don't complain when blacks blame you personally for their ancestors enslavement. Own it, since you no longer are a person with your own achievements.

>b-but i dindu it personally tyrone. stop punishing me for things i dindu

Yeah, you didn't do anything you're taking credit for either, /pol/, so..

>>
>>29924262
I'm not proud of the benefits themselves, I'm proud about the people that preceded me whose ideas, culture and sacrifices allowed me to live in a relatively nice position.

To stoop low and put it simply in tumblr speak, I'm proud of the privilege creators.

It's like, walking past a graveyard full of crumbling remnants of people who used to live. Recognizing that even though they're long dead, in their own way they each contributed to the general ethos of my reality today.

Pride in this example is just recognizing the contribution of others. If that makes me some racist privileged shitlord to some people then whatever, it just shows their selfishness.
>>
>taking pride for something your race has done is stupid
>taking pride in being a NEET is not
>>
>>29924472
Fuck this shitty autocorrect. I speak english, you piece of apple crap! Reeeeee
>>
>>29922791
There is no logical reason to be "proud" of something you did nothing for, and racial pride is a root cause for hatred and physical violence. You do the math.
>>
>>29924163
>per say
ok man you can kill you'reself
>>
>>29924493
Fine, but you shouldn't complain when government
and people try to level the privilege playing field, /pol/.
Don't complain when society neglects you and treats you unequally.
>>
>>29924262
>he thinks white privilege exists
>>
>>29922992
Yes anon I'm sure your bumfuck peasant relatives were directly responsible for the renaissance because they were born on the same continent and had the same skin tone.
>>
>>29923155
t. Doug Stanhope
>>
>>29924546
That has nothing to do with pride or anything I've said.

If you're going to change the subject and attach negative connotations to me, at least link it to something I mentioned.
>>
File: 1468014648597.jpg (13 KB, 235x204) Image search: [Google]
1468014648597.jpg
13 KB, 235x204
>>29922919
Arabs contributed to a lot towards mathematics and also medical science. But I suppose Arabs are not really a race, they are western Asians.

Whites definitely accomplished the most, though, and Africans did fuck all. Blacks are only good for plantation work.
>>
>WE WAZ KANGS N' SHIEEET
>>
>Why be proud of the fact your group did the best on the school project.
>Little Johnny made the PowerPoint and Stacy did the cover.
>Maybe you contributed by doing the introduction but you didn't do the rest.
>So why take pride in being in the winning group?

National pride is like a group project. You do your part, work, pay taxes. Maybe some people contributed more but you did your part.

Of course some NEETS don't take pride calling"illogical" because they are the ones sitting back ain't doing shit.
>>
>>29925300
Anon specifically said race tho
>>
>>29925423
Then replace nationality with race and add "family" to the list of shit you contributed.
Boom.
>>
>>29925300
i agree

>l<
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.