[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
spilt water on my laptop i shut it off instantly, flipped it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1468223539384.png (18 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1468223539384.png
18 KB, 424x426
spilt water on my laptop

i shut it off instantly, flipped it over and let it dry for 7 hrs

im on it now and it's working, how do i check if i fucked anything up
>>
You wait and see if something stops working

Shoulda used paper towels or a dry sponge to really get it all out though
>>
Now you wait.
>>
>>29922668
7 hours wasn't enough. You should have let it sit for days after taking it apart and drying every bit of liquid on the mainboard you could find and cleaning the contacts with alcohol. The smallest bit of liquid interacting with the circuits on your board especially while electricity is going through will cause corrosion and small shorts that may not show until further down the line.
>>
>>29923625
yeah definitely, when i turned it on for the first time it shut off and made a weird noise and i nearly shat myself

im afraid that if i turn it off now it'll never work again so im backing up all my shit
>>
>>29922668
One quick google and you would have known that it takes days for it to dry and even then it might be fucked due to shit in the water that stays after evaporation.
>>
>>29924334
how do i google with no pc?
>>
>>29924358
Go to a library, they should have a computer there.
>>
>>29924358
with a smartphone?
>>
>>29922668
You did the right thing OP.
But you should have let it dry longer.
I would have given it a full 24 hours at the least.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.