[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs, how do you respond?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
NEETs, how do you respond?
>>
my reason for living is just to wait for the advancement of technology

in future tech conferences something called "technological unemploument" is openly and commonly talked about. this is when robots and automation will take all jobs.

self driving cars alone will remove SO much employment its mind boggling. like so much hospital workers, drivers of all kinds, insurance people, the list goes on

and we will soon enough have robots similar to iRobot levels which will basically increase the unemployment rate 70-90%+

fucking larry page said its going to reach 90% simply because robots will do everything. we wont even import anything because manufactoring will become so cheap itll be cheaper to make it here with 3d printing and robots than importing it

and mass unemployment is just one part of all the fun things that will happen in the future.

literally the only reason im alive is just to see it all burn
>>
I'm a rapper

boop
>>
>>29922598

I go stark raving mad trying to read your books, Dostoshitsky.

You write like shit
>>
>>29922683
Never going to happen.
Not in your life time at least. Give up
>>
>>29922598
>doing bullshit bitch work for some asshole to make money off you
>meaningful work

Wagies, how do you respond?
>>
>>29922704
He writes in Russian, any bad writing you encountered would have been from whoever translated it into English.
>>
>>29922704
U wot m8?
How the fuck you dare to say that about the grand master? Let me guess, you are reading a shitty translation. It's either that or you are "shades of grey" dumb.
>>
>>29922598
he's absolutely right

i'm practically jared leto over here
>>
>>29922598
I agree. Been a NEET on disability for six years and feeling like a directionless parasite is literally killing me, but I don't know how to fix my situation since I'm too scared of people to work a conventional job
>>
>>29922598
Reminder that all these quotes come from a time before internet, vidya, animu, movies, etc. There was nothing that you could do by yourself, even for something like chess you need to find another player. Of course there's always writing and art, which he would probably consider meaningful work. And I'm assuming our lifestyle would seem raving mad to him. If you took all that away from me I would go mad either way though. The reason I'm like that in the first place is because I'm unable to find meaning in any task, all that ennui is inside me and not caused by the world.
>>
File: 1455830561769.jpg (67 KB, 484x593) Image search: [Google]
1455830561769.jpg
67 KB, 484x593
>tfw I feel every god damned feel
>>
100% true. life has no purpose unless one creates their own purpose.
being denied any sense of purposefulness and being forced into wageslavery is just as meaningless as being neet. yes, you have a little more money in your pocket, but at the expense of your time, energy and sanity.

wageslavery and neetdom are two sides of the same coin - you will never have an actual purpose outside of contributing to a faceless, psychopathic, economic system designed to stifle social mobility for the vast majority of the global population and fortify the wealth of the invisible elite.

it's possible to create the illusion of purpose by producing children, who in turn replace the previous generation of slaves and continue the cycle of hidden repression.

meaninglessness is the zeitgeist of post-modern society. accept it for what it is and be grateful for your place within it.
>>
>>29922598
I'd rather be suffering as a neet than as a wagecuck doing repetitive, menial work.
>>
Dostoyevsky is pretty cool and I agree with him
>>
>>29922598
>meaningful work

Shit's in short supply these days, boss, and growin' ever shorter. Most people with a job are not doing meaningful work.

Takin' that into account, I agree fully. You robots aren't as alone in the ennui, hopelessness, and hatred as y'all seem to think.

The virgin part sucks though. Seriously, my sympathies.
>>
>>29923020
dosto was a hack T B H
and if you don't believe me, read what nabokov has to say about him
>>
>>29922598
Graduate in February with a Comp Sci degree, take 2 courses Java and Php even tho I hate web development.

Apply to more than 20 firms, got 3 interviews.
I didn't spagget in any of the 3, even in technical questions.

I still don't have a job, I make money off of doing uni projects for a small fee. Today I am doing 3 sorting algorithms for $25, if the fat roastie asks me to help her understand it so she can explain to the class, I take $15 per hour. How do you get a job in IT?
>>
>meaningful work

But how do you define work? Does he mean just doing something that you don't want to do?

I'm NEET and I'm got a routine of reading, watching movies, writing, listening to music, cooking, philosophising, exercising, walking, playing with my dog, etc.

If you can actually manage economically to be a NEET without starving or risking homelessness, you can make your own "work" and meaning. I think there's far more meaning in play than work.

Dostoyevsky was one of those Russian Christian existentialists, wasn't he? He probably took his morality on work from a misreading of the Bible. The Bible itself talks about the meaninglessness of work.

>Then I saw that all toil and all skill in work come from a man's envy of his neighbor.
>>
>>29923097

Link please, I'd love to read something like that.
>>
Truly one of the great neets. He saw the madness that is wagekeking for what it is.
>>
>>29922598
But my life of shitposting, masturbating to hentai, and eating tendies is meaningful work. This quote doesn't apply to true NEETs.
>>
>>29922968

Neet and wageslave are totally opposite. I know you think you're so cute because one day you smoked a pot and came to the butt fuckingly retarded idea that opposite things are actually the same, but you're wrong.

Wageslavery is meaningless work, neetdom is meaningful work. Wagies consume, neets create. You won't find a more antipodal two mindsets in the entire universe.
>>
>>29923097

>Nabokov

Literally who? I've read multiple of Dostoevsky's works. I haven't even heard of this other fag.
>>
>>29923180

Sounds like you just don't know how to read the Bible. Protestant work ethic and humility didn't just come from thin air.
>>
>>29922598
It's a shame that God is dead and life doesn't have meaning.
>>
>>29922598
Crime and Punishment is like that in our country. Well hey, I just graduated from College and I am exactly losing all hope. Alcohol is the way to go.
>>
>>29923289
Hol' up, Hol'up -
wagekeking is meaningless work, eetdom is living. Work does not fit into the concept of neetdom, right? So basically Fjodor just spoke about that guy at the McDonalds counter.
>>
>>29923424

I guess it depends on how we define work. I like the quote because he highlights the idea of meaningless work. If work can be meaningless and must be specified as such then it's implied there is meaningful work. To be neet is meaningful work. Dedication of your life to your passions and leaving behind a legacy.

I have a couple manuscripts I've already written, and I'm sure someone will go through my journals to write a biography once I'm gone. I'm something of a philosopher, artist, and scientist. I could never wagekek when there is so much to do and so little time. The world can be amazing. Why people purposely avoid the mysteries of life to chase conspicuous consumerism is something I'll never understand.
>>
>>29922598
blah blah with the abundance of X blah blah will seek to entertain themselves blah blah lamps made of human flesh.
>>
>>29922721
>>29922683
This, its the American way to employ people even when you can automate the task. In Scandinavia they use robotic lawnmowers already, here they use Mexicans.

HOWEVER OP, I do believe that technology is going to progress to a point where we zoom past all of this and live in a fully immersive virtual universe no less real than this one. Just like how we are the pinnacle of the universes progression and yet lesser lifeforms still amble on their way, the normies will continue to live in the real world, not affecting us
>>
>>29922598
Being a NEET doesn't make you incapable of being productive, that's what hobbies are for
>>
>>29922598
Seems pretty accurate to me. Too bad today there is no such thing as meaningful work. You're just a cog in a machine that makes money for its owner. Nothing actually matters.
>>
File: 1440502827241.png (12 KB, 530x426) Image search: [Google]
1440502827241.png
12 KB, 530x426
>>29923513
such wonderfully crafted bait, I tip m'fedora to you sir
>>
>>29923513
Work is most likely meaningful, even in a dead end Job, unfortunately just for the boss or the Customer of the working person - for ol' Wagie it's just same shit different day. But is working for yourself really more meaningful? Is self-improvement significant? Like Rutger Hauer would say: "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain"
>>
>>29923097
This is pathetic anon. Nabokov was a good writer but why would you believe him? He wrote a lot of shit about great authors. Try forming your own opinions, or at least give a reason why Dosto 'was a hack'.
>>
>>29923196
http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations

Here you go. Not sure how reliable this is seeing as a lot of it is repeated word for word for different authors but it's interesting
>>
>meaningful
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29923312
Never heard of Lolita? Loli...

He was a great writer but focused more on prose than themes or philosophy. Doesn't touch Dosto in my opinion
>>
>>29923092

I've been NEET for 3 months now, before that I worked at a plant for 4 years. I quit because I was going stark raving mad knowing that I was working 12 hours a day just to benefit some kike shareholder while I was receiving very little compensation when compared to the profits my labor brought to the company.

Modern jobs are mostly shit an unfulfilling, you might as well be a NEET.
>>
>>29924065

thats why you should trick everyone at work into thinking you're doing your best, while playing vidya and shitposting, power to the people
>>
>>29924065
I'm in no way disagreein' with your assessment of modern jobs, but I'm still clingin' to that hope that I'll find somethin' worth working for, or find some way to employ my fucking self.

...Also, holy shit, I just got a type the text captcha for the first time in years.
>>
>>29923359
You're right, they come from the ridiculous idea of predestination. People believed that to prove to their neighbors that they were predestined, the best thing to do was to work hard and make lots of money to "prove" that God favored them
>>
The emphasize is on "meaningful".
The majority of people are not having a profession, they are just having "jobs". Wich is just as mind-numbing as doing nothing at all.
>>
>>29923097
>Nabokov
>good
Lmfao, why would you care about that pedos opinion? Read up on Dostoevsky's life and it was actually interesting
>>
The only "meaningful" work is hunting and foraging for food, building shelter and keeping yourself warm, and defending yourself against predators. That's the only work humans were ever meant to do.

Everything else creates a disruption in the power process - it's either going to be too mindlessly easy, like most minimum wage jobs, or something that's challenging but doesn't actually have a attainable end goal.

t. uncle teddy
>>
>>29923180
What he said might not apply to you then, assuming you feel fulfilled with your life as it is. The problem is that most people who have no work to do eventually lose interest in hobbies and other fields. It has to do with how real nihilism has a detrimental effect on mental health. If you've only been a neet for a year then you might not be able to relate. Keep it up for a few more and you'll probably understand. Being lonely and not finding any meaning in any work is horrible. Humans should fight apathy. Lethargy fucks up the mind in so many ways, but you've never genuinely experienced that so it doesn't apply to you (being lazy one weekend and/or procrastinating does not make you clinically lethargic).
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.