[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why aren't you having a nice daily jog when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: jog.jpg (47 KB, 690x335) Image search: [Google]
jog.jpg
47 KB, 690x335
So why aren't you having a nice daily jog when it's been proven to reduce depression and anxiety?
>>
It's way too fucking hot outside

I hate the summer. It makes me fat.
>>
Why would you want to be soaked in sweat? That's disgusting.
>>
I run on the beach with my gf and our 2 dogs, then swim in the water its great

Originallo commento
>>
I ocasionally go for a jog but I suffer quite a bit doing it.
>>
>>29922358
Because the terrain around my house is janky, hilly, and all around hell on the knees.

I walk instead. Walking back up the fucking hill to my house leaves me more winded than jogging at sea level did.
>>
>>29922358
>tfw jog every day and still depressed as ever
>>
>>29922358
It's too hot.
Even if it wasn't I can't run, I'm too fat to run. I would jog for 5 mins then keel over from exahustion, in a pool of sweat.

I want to kill myself
>>
>>29922358
Because it's 41 fucking degrees.
>>
My sprinting coach advised me to jog as little as possible because it could slow me down. Plus I'm not depressed or anxious at all. I'm actually rather cheerful.
>>
>>29922899

>can't exercise to get fitter cus i'm too fat for it

great logic retard, with that attitude, kys.
>>
>>29922627
>running on the beach
Why would you do this?
>>
I want to start but I'm too scared. People will see me. My family will laugh at me and call me a fag. I'll probably fuck my knees up etc.

Same thing with eating healthily.
>>
I can't go running during the day because normies stare at me. I used to go running at night, but I was stabbed by some druggie. My mum got scared, and now I can't go out. I tried going to bed at 10 and running at 6am, but I couldn't sleep because nightmares of when I was stabbed. Fucking cunt ruined the last shred of enjoyment I got from life.
>>
>>29923770
I know of that feeling, it makes you feel awkward, in the centre of attention, etc etc but that actually does die out, especially as you are getting further into the jog. When I first started I only felt awkard the first time, this is me being a NEET who never goes out, it felt very daunting. By the second time I was looking forward to it and not giving a shit what people thought as I was doing it, in fact most people look at you with admiration and will even move out of the way for you.

Start slow, just do a little 5 minute slow jog around the block listening to some music, keep your head up straight and just look at what's around you, I promise you will feel better.
>>
>>29923823
That's horrible to hear man, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You ever thought of doing a late morning/early afternoon jog? unless you are in a town/city centre there are barely many people about as they are all busy with work/school/shopping. Don't feel discouraged when people stare man, a faster than walking speed object catches peoples attention, it isn't any form of judgement.
>>
>>29922899
You did good though man, you pushed yourself despite your weight and that is all that matters. It doesn't matter how long you did it for, you pushed yourself to exhaustion and that is admirable.

You should get back into, start off slow. You could do a 1 minute alternate between a slow jog and fast walking for 5 minutes for the morning, then build up from there.
>>
>>29922876
You need to get more vitamins and minerals in your diet then. You are depleted in something, because it should make you feel better, it is what we are made for doing and we get rewarded for such.

400mg a day of magnesium spaced out with a b-complex, also make sure you are getting enough protein.
>>
>>29922680
It's good that you do it at all. The suffering probably stems just from not doing it consistently, or just pushing yourself too hard in the times that you do actually do it. All you need is a nice consistent slow jog, build it up to 30 minutes then do that daily, the more you do it the more pleasurable it becomes instead of something that is painstaking.
>>
>>29923007
What is the reasoning behind it?
>>
It's hot as fuck outside and I react to the sun like a vampire.
>>
>>29922358

You are right but people here are stupid
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.