[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so how many of you think your depression would be solved if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1463918016088.jpg (242 KB, 1024x1279) Image search: [Google]
1463918016088.jpg
242 KB, 1024x1279
so how many of you think your depression would be solved if you somehow met your ideal partner?

let's just pretend you meet some qt gf who is always faithful. Your perfect gf. You fall in love and all that jazz. How many of you would no longer be depressed?

>but how do I know she'll be faithful?
you just know
>>
>>29921348
I'll probably always be depressed - the trick is just managing life well enough so that it affects me less and hope it never comes back in 100% full force. Some normal shits will give you answers like "gf won't solve your problems", but the problem sometimes IS no gf.

Wanting love in your life is a regular part of the human experience, and not having it for many years can make people feel lonely, and as a result sad, and even depressed.

What I'm trying to say is, depression wouldn't be "solved", but it would really really fucking help.
>>
>>29921348
Probably. I'm not even chronically depressed in the first place though.
>>
>>29921348
i want love so much. it's been so long since i've felt truly loved by anyone and it's just painful.
>>
>>29921375
>Wanting love in your life is a regular part of the human experience, and not having it for many years can make people feel lonely, and as a result sad, and even depressed.
Oh I'm not disputing that. I really think I'd be much, much happier if I managed to find love. It's such a vital experience in life that it could honestly give me a new lease on life.

Like I'm not trying to make a persons depression seem trivial by asking if it could be cured by love. Because love isn't something trivial itself. It's huge, as lame as it sounds.
>>
>>29921348
I am naturally pessimistic and believe I can never be happy - this life for me is all about limiting the pain. I would still be existentially depressed, but have a perfect gf and then wife if she doesn't die would definitely make life livable.
>>
>>29921348
a) You wont find her with '''''depression''''.
b) Looking for someone else to solve your problems is just a way to stop working on the real problem. Once the fresh in love feeling is gone you essentially back to square 1.
>>
yes the feelings of no purpose and motivation would be gone if I had someone who believed in me
>>
DOESN'T EXIST PHAMPAI
i've moved on to better things
>>
>>29922245
agreed, romantic love is pure escapism
>>
>>29922278
In my opinion a girl is something you should aquire when the rest of your shit is working. If you are a mong who can't even leave the house i guarantee you that you wont be able to handle even the most carefree girl.
>>
>>29921375
I would have likely believed this say, 10 years ago. I'm so far broken at this point, a girlfriend would just make me more depressed. I've accepted the fact that I just don't get to to experience this "regular part of human experience."
>>
>>29921348
>>29921348
>>29921348
>>29921348
There's a lot more that needs to be fixed than finding a gf.
>>
Guys. REAL LOVE EXISTS. It's just really fucking rare. How do I know? I'm one of the lucky 0.05% of people who actually got into one of these relationships. She's been faithful for decades.
>>
All I can say on this topic is that my almost ideal partner has pulled me out of depression multiple times.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.