[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super comfy games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
ITT- We post comfy games that you can play for so long you don't even realize you have been playing the entire day straight and it's time to sleep again.
Single player/MMO/Whatever welcome

Puzzle Pirates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh7nB6Jzi3o

Been playing this since 2008, for last 2 years i just get up in morning and play puzzle pirates all day until it's time to sleep again, occasionally taking fap/smoke/eat/piss breaks.

Player base is kinda low right having 200~ logged in on regular day and 400~ on weekend on the largest ocean(server) Emerald.

And it sucks since back in the day there was only 1500 people logged in on the server and it felt very full, so we only need a few thousand new players.

I'm also making this thread to try and get some new players into the game, It's my life by this point and ill probably be an hero when it dies.

So if any of you want to spend your neet days playing a great game then please give it a try.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99910/

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/
(you should download the client) (you need java)

So please check it out and post your own comfy games:)
>>
>>29920966

pretty good review keep up the good work brobot
>>
>>29920966
Age of Empires II. I havent found a way to get it free but god do i miss that game
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
M&B Warband
Realy fun game ton of mods.
looking foward for M&B2:BannerLord this year

I would also post RD but everyone knows of it and it's realy a shit game as an adult.

>>29920966
You sound desperate kek, might check it out later
>>
>>29921105
RS*
RuneScape
>>
>>29920966

Most comfy game for me would be GTAV. I loved messing around with the guys from /vg/, I remembered we used to cycle down from Mt Chillad, man it was a comfy moment.
>>
>>29920966
holy shit i think you are my lost twin
you are doing gods motherfucking work anon, gods motherfucking work
how didint i think of making this thread ages ago shit

btw if anyone try's out the game and it seems completely empty it's cus most people are hanging out in the admiral island inn while not voyaging on a ship.

and if you are having trouble just ask an experienced looking player for help most people are realy nice in this game
>>
>>29920966
I played in what had to have been 2005 or even earlier maybe.

It kind of sucked even then dude
>>
WoW is the obvious answer. Can't get more comfy than this
>>
File: lego hunt.jpg (70 KB, 744x537) Image search: [Google]
lego hunt.jpg
70 KB, 744x537
>>29920966
I remember when I was a kid I wanted to play this but my english wasn't good enough.
also who played here THE LEGO TREASURE HUNT?
>>
>>29921394
If WoW and Robots go so well together, why the fuck does no one want to be my Tank Daddy?
>>
>>29921089

why don't you just fucking spend twenty dollars you poor faggot
>>
>>29920966
T b h minecraft if you can find a small server running on a good host with a tight knit community
>>
File: ss13.png (116 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
ss13.png
116 KB, 480x480
Space Station 13.
This game is kinda hard to describe because it's so vast and deep, both in lore and mechanics, though nobody gives a fuck about the lore. It's basically a MMO roleplaying roguelike point'n'click puzzle survival adventure. You take a role as one of the crew members of a space station, you do your work, interact with other players, and try to survive and go on with your daily life. There are all kinds of roles; lawyer, engineer, scientist, cook, medical doctor, security, captain, janitor etc. all have different difficulty levels with completely different mechanics etc.
Most of the jobs are pretty self explanatory; engineer builds/fixes, janitor cleans places and does some handyman work, security officers keep order, doctor heals people, scientist invents new technology etc. but then there are some less serious jobs ie. clown who is there just to fuck shit up, mime to bring some "le fine culture" to the station, librarian to keep bookshelves full of books, and assistants who are the lowest ranking jobs on the station and they always end up just being bums who steal shit.

Every round starts like any other workday would. You get your gear, put on your work boots or whatever, and you start to do your job. Most of the jobs are someway connected to each other, so if one department is not doing their job the whole station may suffer from some setbacks. ie. Botanist does not make enough food ingredients for the cook -> cook cannot make food -> people get hungry and weak.
Some of the players are rolled with antagonist role and they have a list of objectives which may vary from assassination of some certain crew member to a complete destruction of the station. Other players are generally not allowed to kill other players, but sometimes when things get heated up there might be a fight, and that's when security steps in and takes the troublemakers to prison. Roleplaying in this game is very important.
>>
>>29921587
he probably doesn't have a job
>>
File: 2qw3esdf.jpg (154 KB, 658x573) Image search: [Google]
2qw3esdf.jpg
154 KB, 658x573
>>29921691
>This game is kinda hard to describe because it's so vast and deep, both in lore and mecha-

blah blah blah.

just tell them the instructions on how to build a plasma bomb and beg cargo for more valves.
>>
>>29921691
Autism the game.

LOLOL I made some Space Weed and I'm smoking it! Omg guis I'm gonna go to the bar and get drunk. So coooool!
>>
File: RimworldA13.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RimworldA13.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
I've wasted days on Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld
>>
>>29921902
What's with the negative attitude? It's a fun game.
>>
File: Герои.jpg (80 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Герои.jpg
80 KB, 604x453
>>29920966
HoM&M 3.
>>
rodina is gr8 if you arent a action spastic
>>
>>29921135
GTA: SA multiplayer mod is ultimate comfiness
>>
>>29921968
Don't mind him, SS13 is really comfy.
>>
Mother Fucking Toontown rewritten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liqNk78_6wk

The official server went down in 2013 but some guy brought it back for free. It crashes sometimes but its not that bad.
>>
File: Setup_no2.png (161 KB, 280x416) Image search: [Google]
Setup_no2.png
161 KB, 280x416
>>29920966
mud and blood 2.
It's a strategical masterpiece
>>
>>29922131
i once found an empty coke music server.

who maidmarian here?
who early habbo here?
who yahoo pool here?
>>
>>29921481
I played this but don't have many memories of it.

>>29921691
I haven't played this game in a year and when I didn't play it for 3 months I didn't want to play it on the basis of having to play catch-up with learning every new thing that's been added to it. Had a lot of fun memories on it since 2011.
>>
>>29922238
>tfw setting up your room on Coke to look like a store pretending to sell CDs
>tfw using a horde of clones to swarm and block entire map sections on Habbo
>>
used to love this game, i was top 10 bilge ( meme puzzle i know ) way back when, sad to see its on its last legs
>>
File: sachiko_beard.jpg (67 KB, 640x768) Image search: [Google]
sachiko_beard.jpg
67 KB, 640x768
MMOs are the most comfy for me. I don't even talk with other people, just seeing all these players doing stuff around you is a nice feeling. Going into tavern or something similiar on an rp server and listening to others is another interesting activity.
>>
>>29921498
What do you mean by this are you a girl I'll tank for you please love me
>>
File: 1460326213008.jpg (46 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
1460326213008.jpg
46 KB, 429x429
I just don't know anons, I play a game for maybe a half-hour then just stop. Aside from Visual Novels and logging into the daily grind on FFXIV I struggle to get into games anymore.
>>
I oscillate between Dwarf Fortress, Monster Hunter 4U, Pokemon OR, and Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga

Also Gaia Online has been surprisingly nice to get back into after 2 years of break.

Same as OP. Wake up, smoke a cig, get back in bed, play, cig break every 1,5 hours. Shower every other day, eat once every 3 days (big meal in the evening)
Visit a store every time tobacco, food or alcohol runs low/out
>>
File: 1441081190925.png (185 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1441081190925.png
185 KB, 499x499
>>29922431
I was enjoying Dark Souls a lot and then I found out 2 and 3 are shit.
>>
File: 1356551833276.png (426 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1356551833276.png
426 KB, 600x599
>>29921933
>tfw my laptop can't handle a base bigger than ten colonists and raids at the same time without the framerate dropping horribly
>>
>>29922431
I am almost same. I just can't find anything what piques my interest. Every now and then i buy some game, play it five minutes and then just stop. Nothing works.
>>
File: cyberpunk bartending action.png (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk bartending action.png
44 KB, 1280x720
VA-11 HALL-A

>Bartending sim with waifus

Its pretty comfy and plays like a vn, plus its only $15
>>
>>29921691
wat desu
>>
>>29922431
>>29922460
>>29922535
Then give Puzzle Pirates a chance, it's very different from most MMO's.
>>
>>29922420
I make WoW Threads everyday asking people to play on Emerald Dream with me, but no one ever wants to.
>>
File: 1456671155985.jpg (28 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
1456671155985.jpg
28 KB, 700x392
>>29924294

>RP

And you wonder why no one wants to come.

I'm planning on playing again soon but I already have a server in mind. As Alliance.
>>
>>29920966
This game looks pretty good, I think I'll try it out later today!
>>
Binding of isaac rebirth is quite comfy
>>
>>29922386

Sadly MMOs aren't very popular anymore.. The last one I played was GW2 and I can't even find a game to match GW2, and it itself isn't even that great.

Yet I don't want to pay $15 a month for a game, no way.
>>
>>29924294
I want to play, but I've never played WoW before. Seems to late to join in
>>
>>29925076
Awesome
Make sure you join the emerald ocean
>>
star trek online is super comfy if you like star trek

i like to play GTA online in single player mode and just drive around for hours too
>>
San andreas was always comfy to me, i used to drive around for hours listening to krose.
>>
>Puzzle Pirates

Freemium shit. You have to exchange real money for the privilege of renting clothing and other character items that actually disappear after a set amount of time. There are so many pay-walls set up in the game that it's not even funny.

Why do people bother with these types of games when there are a multitude of puzzle games available for consoles? And none of them restrict in-game content. You pay a one-time purchase fee for the game itself, and all of its contents are indefinitely available to you.
>>
>>29925523
>Sadly MMOs aren't very popular anymore

There's nothing sad about it. The MMO model has always been a money scheme. People are getting fed up with renewing subscriptions or dealing with fundamentally imbalanced "pay-to-win" models, and are moving over to consoles instead.
>>
>>29922460
>Dark Souls

Try FromSoftware's previous works. King's Field is the predecessor to Dark Souls. Granted, the graphics used in those games are going to look extremely dated by today's standards, but they gameplay and atmosphere are very similar.

Some other From titles you may not know about that are also similar include: Shadow Tower, Shadow Tower: Abyss, Eternal Ring
>>
>>29920966
Holy crap the nostalgia.
It's not true that you have to invest irl money in the game, you can get enough money to buy all the badges and a ship in 3-10 hours of game play, the guy who maked the vid is just a ultra noob lol.
Other than that it's a great vid brings up some good old memories, i'm gonna download it again see how it is these days.
>>
>>29925620
>>29926204
Also the puzzles are very well polished in puzzle pirates+ they lead to profit and achievements while competing and helping other players in a mmo.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.