[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So at what point does suicide become a legitimate option and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: pepe.jpg (45 KB, 483x504) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
45 KB, 483x504
So at what point does suicide become a legitimate option and not something edgy or angsty? Recently ive been thinking about what the fuck ill amount to in life, and honestly it doesnt look that great. I got into drugs at a pretty young age so I didnt really do that well in school, and now I feel pretty much retarded, ill probably have a job that I hate for the rest of my existence, probably wont have a gf anytime soon, ill have bills to stress about till the end of time. I mean whats the point in continuing the madness if you know you've already lost the game?
>>
>>29920367
you have to wait until 27. then you can choose. it's a rule.
>>
It's a legitimate option when YOU decide it to be one, people kill themselves for a million and one different reasons, some probably less 'legitimate' than others but if that person deems it to be the only option then it's their choice. It's in the name, suicide means killing YOURSELF therefore YOU decide.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467411695451.jpg (20 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467411695451.jpg
20 KB, 540x304
>>29920380
That's only for celebrities though
>>
its up to u. suicide is a choice like everything else.

I read some things on here where people go out and live in the wild and shit. id rather try that then kill myself desu
>>
>>29920367
It's okay to regret your past choices and feel scared of the future, to recognize that things might be tough. But things can get better too. Imagine if you killed yourself and scarred a few people who found your body, but then learned if you had stayed alive you would've come up with an invention or idea that helped people and made you comfortable enough to not worry about money. Or you simply learned something that made you feel okay with your life.

>inb4 robots start calling me a normie for not shitting myself and REEing because i have a modicum of positivity
>>
>>29920447
That's a nice mindset to have but what if you don't end up with a happy ending and end up living for however many more years by hanging on to false hope?
>>
>>29920367
Suicide is never an option unless it's true euthanasia. Can you walk? Do you have 2 working arms? Do you fear death less than the average person?
If your answers to these questions were yes than you have alot of options.

Please go do something that gets you on the news
>>
>>29920474
things will always work out for the best in the end, even if it's after you're dead. robots should read more about transhumanism/the singularity.

you also can't just hope for things to get better, you need to work at it too. a lot of people will just go to work, come home, get drunk, and become angry or depressed. they don't want to stop drinking or attempt to try anything else and then they start blaming other people because that's easier.

a lot of "happiness" comes from having the proper mindset, and understanding what happiness truly is. most people try to hold on to short-term happiness like a child wanting every day to be christmas.
>>
File: sisyphus.jpg (30 KB, 302x339) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.jpg
30 KB, 302x339
>>29920532
THAT'S RIGHT! The meaning of life is the journey from pain to pleasure, and then the fight to retain it until death takes us!
>>
>>29920555
>>29920532
Hedonist scum please go.
>>
>>29920474
>end up living for however many more years
doesn't matter. if you figure you're going to kill yourself anyway, another few years means nothing. suffering is suffering. you'd know when the time is really right. once you're absolutely sure, then you can do it with no regret. but that takes time.
>>
>>29920631
>Calling the glorious path of Sisyphus hedonism
It's more masochism than hedonism. I realise that more true happiness is gained from the fight for happiness. The bliss of rest is made sweeter by the pushing of the boulder. If the holidays were forever I would kill myself, I don't know how NEETs stand it.

If everything is given to you easily it's only good until you get sick of it. (as other poster said about kid wishing for christmas).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.