[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /livingoutofspite/ here? I didn't used to be a hateful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1464028628602.jpg (35 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1464028628602.jpg
35 KB, 600x484
who /livingoutofspite/ here?

I didn't used to be a hateful person. I've had my share of problems, but I really can't complain about my quality of life.

I complain mostly at the fact I don't have much of a life at all. A gilded cage is still a cage, after all.

I have no friends where I live. I have had no signifigant other.

I've gone to university, only to not discover that its not actually an institution of higher learning, but a hugbox full of coddling academics looking to waste their time and parent's money. What I thought was a free exchange of ideas was nothing more than a racket and a place to get drunk and party.

I had to hide my powerlevel, because they disgusted me and tolerated no dissent.

After studying acting, I got great at hiding my true self, content to bury it under a mask with a smile glued to it.

I failed school simply out spite. I couldn't take it anymore. The pretense, the lies, the cognitive dissonance and pervasive hypocrisy.

4chan has given me what university never could; a glimpse into other places, talking with other people, and a free exchange of ideas.

It gave me freedom. So I come here, again, if only to spite the society which embraces falseness.

It doesn't make me feel better, but it sure as hell makes me feel honest.

How about you?
>>
File: 1468354884005.jpg (128 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1468354884005.jpg
128 KB, 900x900
How about me? Having read your original post, I had written an elaborate essay in response and then deleted it because I couldn't fit all the desired text in and even if I could it could go on unendingly and it honestly doesn't matter anyway. Here's to bumping a well thought out wall of text so that it may last long enough to gain further comments because there's unfortunately an apparently endless influx of idiotic baiting and distraction from potentially uplifting or otherwise beneficial dialogue incoming at all times.
>>
>>29918345
Quite the same, OP.
Allows me to see different ideas/opinions of people.
Allows me to share my own from time to time
Away from all that decadent garbage everyone else loves, like partying and drinking and what not.
>>
Don't want to run the rat race, don't like the system, so I expect nothing and just focus on having fun. I'm 26, still a student, don't want to be the "adult" I was supposed to become, and at this stage I don't care too much.
>>
>>29918345

I no longer live for spite. I haven't done that in a few years. My brain just changed, all of a sudden.

I still have memories of everything that happened to me, and I still get mildly angry from time to time about my life, but my life I have is all about change. Ironically, I've been through many periods of time where I think I am in some post-modern era of my life, and then time goes on, and then the post-modern era becomes the "old days". Ad nauseum. So on and so forth, repeated.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.