[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, just here to share a normie tip that I found out recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: big hero dick.jpg (106 KB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
big hero dick.jpg
106 KB, 1920x808
Hey guys, just here to share a normie tip that I found out recently.

It seems normies do things (unrelated to being social) for the purpose of socialization.

For example, people watch films so they can interact with other people. They dont' care about the movie, and don't see it as a solitary reflection, but rather something you share with others. I even assume that they pretend to like/hate films based on "groupthink."

Another one is drinking. This one is a no-duh. However, I've found sort of a reversal, where people will drink (or even smoke marijuana) using "socialization" as a lube, but I suspect they are doing it as a form of addiction/escape.

Other things like cooking. I live with some normies and they always want to cook together. It's odd.
>>
>>29913068
I don't want to interact with normies
>>
yes. the activity is usually secondary and just a vehicle designed to facilitate conversation. the main purpose is social interaction. good job anon you might make it yet.
>>
>>29913068
how do you converse during the movie?

would that not be disruptive?
>>
File: 1468370266934.jpg (80 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1468370266934.jpg
80 KB, 500x433
>Got a guy who I'm sure is interested in dating me
(Faggot not a woman)
>Ran out of things to talk about after ten minutes because I don't enjoy normie media so I have nothing to talk about
Fuck. Need stuff to talk about. Anybody got normie tips for me?
>>
>>29913068
Your retarted why would they go to movies to be social if you can't talk
>>
>>29914146
Series/ TV shows

GoT, True Detective, Breaking bad is always the normie choice
>>
>>29914208
>No TV and already received DMCA last time I grabbed something off kat
Ah well. My real issue though is bridging the gap from casual "so what's up?" chat to "Let's date" chat.
>>
>>29913068

cooking together is some primal, tribal psychology shit. it's a very powerful bonding activity.
>>
>>29914208
fuck off bro, breaking bad is much better than your autistic anime bullshit. but ur right about got and true detective, along with doctor who and sherlock these are for stacies.
>>
>>29914468
hello there, retarded newfag. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you're on an anime website. 4chan is and will always be an anime website. by posting here and hating anime, you are not only incredibly retarded, but basically a huge cuck.
>>
>>29914146
Anecdotes are the best way to get someone to know and like you. Start thinking of good stories about yourself. Don't worry if nothing comes to mind right away, it's a learned skill.
>>
>>29913068
>groupthink
1984 was a while ago

You're totally right though, the subject matter is never important to them, they only enjoy the shared emotions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.