[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you actually defeated depression don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1437159573101s.jpg (2 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
1437159573101s.jpg
2 KB, 125x111
Have any of you actually defeated depression don't have to worry about it at all anymore?
>Not me
>Somebody has to have right?
>>
>>29912861
Depression is a feeling. You can't "beat" a feeling. Life is all about feels. The highs the lows, the good the bad. A person can't live life with only the good feels. Somedays you feel depressed, most days you don't is the best anyone can hope for.
>>
>>29912861
stop giving a fuck, it works/ when you dont care about anything you dont feel depressed anymore.
>>
>>29912892

No, depression is a physical inclination towards a certain state of mind outside the person's control. It's not just "I feel sad".
>>
>>29912892
He's presumably talking about clinical depression not just feeling sad you mong.
>>
>>29912861
Not really. I'm a pretty productive guy but depression is still daily. Gotta keep cutting it down.. day after day.

Not gonna meditate too long on this because it will prob lead to depression tbqh.
>>
>>29912931
Is that what they've told you? That you are powerless? utterly hopeless unless you seek professional help and take meds? pop a pill and all your problems go away?
>>
>>29912861
Yeah. Was on meds for like a year. Don't really remember it.

5 or 6 years later I feel much better. Better than most, but maybe not as well as some.
>>
Had a bad case for years but I kicked it for the most part. Still relapse occasionally since my life is a wreck though. It helps that my minimum acceptable standard of living has gradually lowered to "still alive."

>>29912973
Therapy and medication are scams. They only work for very minor cases.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.