[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Pokemon Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1466907421433.jpg (112 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
1466907421433.jpg
112 KB, 800x595
>decide one day I'm going to try to make some friends
>slowly, painfully make social progress over the course of a year and a half
>manage to make one friend and become generally accepted in a small group of people
>it's not much by normie standards but accomplishing even this makes me incredibly happy
>Pokemon Go comes out
>my phone is too old, can't install it
>suddenly Pokemon Go is the only thing that anybody does or talks about
>try to change the subject, they ignore me and just keep talking about Pokemon Go
>go out with my one friend for lunch
>they spend the whole time on their phone playing Pokemon Go
>just like that, locked out of the group I worked so hard to be part of just because of a fucking game
>lose a year and a half of progress not from spilling spaghetti or making someone mad, but just from a random event
>back to being a loner

It's not worth it, guys. Even if you work hard and manage not to fuck up on your end, some uncontrollable event will still wipe away anything you manage to achieve.
>>
I also have a shit phone. No point in even trying to be social now.
>>
>>29912269
it'll all be over in a month, fads like this usually dont last too long.
>>
>>29912351
Yeah but what the fuck is going to replace it?
First it was memes, now it's this.
It seems like this shit is getting worse.
Next it'll be throwing rocks at robots.
>>
>no friends
>want to play Pokemon Go to fit in, find friends whatever
>live in Canada
>the only way to get it would be to download a mod or whatever for the American version
>have shit phone
>don't want to pay money for a new phone to play the game

ah well. back to sharing stuff on normiebook in the hopes of [a couple likes/spoiler]
>>
File: 1437472341364.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1437472341364.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
>>29912269
Don't spill your autism about it man, try take an interest in it. Get them to show you the ropes on their phone or something. I know what its like being locked out of a group because you don't have a game or whatever, but the only way to keep yourself from reverting to the same old bitter patterns of old is to try pay attention to what they're talking about and engage and ask questions. It might seem cucky but think of it as an investment for the future; you're not enjoying your time with them currently but as the Pokemon Go fad has shown you, things can change rapidly, and you will likely return to casual banter once every gets bored of it.

Don't fret, just handle things calmly and logically. Your friendship isn't over because of the game. You got this.
>>
>>29912269
pro tip. they are not your friends. they never were baka.
>>
i'm honestly amazed by stories like this. i literally have not heard anyone in real life talk about pokemon go.
>>
>>29913064
Consider yourseIf lucky.
>>
don't worry about it op, or upgrade your phone.
this has happened to me many times but I'm just happy to be with other people and just I listen to them fan over it
it's nice imo
>>
Yeah they weren't your friends OP. You were just someone they'd bring along to have more people.
>>
>>29912417
if you have android just donwload apk
if you have iphone make american itunes account and download

get that shit nigger
>>
>>29912520
don't listen to this faggot.
Swallow the fuckin pill already, stop playing around with it.
Just remember, you aren't the piece of a shit.
Neither are they. It's just the way things go anon.
Some trees are big and some trees are small. who fuckin cares just chug a chug chug
>>
If you have a shitty phone you're never gonna get a girl. All they care about is money and status. I knew a girl once who would even point out poorer looking houses and apartments everywhere she went and talk shit about them.
>>
>>29912269
Pokemon from Gens 4 and onwards trigger the fuck out of normalfags. They'll all quit playing once niantic starts adding newer ones.
>>
>>29914236
>Pokemon from Gens 4 and onwards trigger the fuck out of normalfags
That's because they're shit. Anything after Gen 3 is shit desu, that's when most of the original playerbase quit so they started catering to the new obsessive furry and brony shit tier fanbase.
>>
>>29914383
The pokemon games are still ridiculously popular, with each mainline entry selling upwards of 10 million. Stay assmad you fucking hipster.
>Us 90s kids right? xD
>>
>>29912269
Buy a used Samsung or some shit off craigslist or a facebook selling group. guaranteed there's one out there for like sub-$200 that can run the game. If a year of social progress isn't worth 200 jewbucks that you'd spend on vidya anyway, then don't bitch.

Get a new phone.
>>
>>29914422
>The pokemon games are still ridiculously popular, with each mainline entry selling upwards of 10 million. Stay assmad you fucking hipster.
Popular, but it's a different fanbase. Game's no longer true to the original spirit. Designs are stupid and it caters to a different audience from the original versions. All this autistic mega evolution, synchro and whatever the fuck clustershit is the same thing that drove YGO to the ground and basically created a post subculture for the game.

>xD
This is how I know you're a post 2007 newfag and this continuing this discussion is useless.
>>
File: 23948672394.png (419 KB, 630x711) Image search: [Google]
23948672394.png
419 KB, 630x711
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT HOW MANY OF THESE THREADS ARE THERE

I'VE HAD TO BLOCK LIKE 4 IN THE PAST HOUR

IT'S A CANCEROUS NORMIE GAME, WE GET IT
JUST SHUT YOUR BALLS
>>
File: 1468365317607.jpg (83 KB, 393x325) Image search: [Google]
1468365317607.jpg
83 KB, 393x325
Did anyone else get mocked for still playing pokemon in high school? Now all these fucking normies and Chads are out there playing it while I'm a virgin replaying Silver for the millionth time
>>
>>29914502
>genwunning
Isn't this exactly what's supposed to be muted?
>>
>>29914383
>Genesect, terrakion, haxorus, excadrill

Gen 5 was sick pleb
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-12-19-28-44.png (340 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-12-19-28-44.png
340 KB, 1440x2560
>>29914502
>the same thing that drove YGO to the ground
Go be wrong somewhere else you fat hipster crybaby.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.