[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can any wageslaves tell me how they got their job? where do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DINKELBERG.jpg (133 KB, 633x480) Image search: [Google]
DINKELBERG.jpg
133 KB, 633x480
can any wageslaves tell me how they got their job? where do you even find job listings? half of craigslist seems like a scam, and I dont have a car to do uber or any of the other answers people give.

I have some cashier experience but have been NEET since the end of 2014. Dont want to be homeless so have a few months to find a job but dont even know where to begin.

please send help.
>>
>>29910517
I got my job from nepotism. Brother became friends with a guy, my mother and kids mother became friends and she hired me
>>
>>29910517
apply at walmart
>>
>>29910517
>1. walked into places with a resume until i got hired
>2. nepotism, a buddy hooked me up
>3. local jobseeker websites, if you don't have one in your country you may as well kill yourself for living in such a backwater scumhole anyway

That's how I got my jobs, still working the one from the jobseeker website.
>>
>>29910562
I am currently trying this route, but not sure it will work as I dont know many people (and those I do I havnt talked to much).

Just applied for a cashier position, and had to take some timed math and english test followed by 12 pages of the same questions just reworded. Is this shit standard?
>>
>>29910627
This is the product of borderline compulsory tertiary education. If everyone gets a uni degree all we've done is raise the school leaving age from 18 to 21.

Yes it is normal these days for employers to expect their employees to be well educated because there are that many engineers and lawyers graduating who cannot get jobs because there aren't enough positions for them.

You can complain all you want but there are plenty of desperate graduates who have student loans to pay off who will gladly work as a cashier/barrista/shelf stacker.
>>
>>29910613
>1. walked into places with a resume until i got hired

I tried this a few years ago, kept getting told to go on the website. But desperate enough ill try it again.
>>
>>29910713
>plenty of desperate graduates who have student loans to pay off who will gladly work as a cashier/barrista/shelf stacker.

why d0 you think I need a job?
>>
>>29910713
>>29910627
Basically employers have become like women, while the top 80% of the working population is suitable for the role they are only interested in the top 20%. This is because Mr. Wagey has become so inundated by the college/uni meme that he thinks everyone must have graduated tertiary education to be a valid member of society.

Being elite has become the standard. And it's not like it's hard to get a degree anymore thanks to the dumbing down of curriculum for women, subhumans and asian rich kids. So in the mind of Mr. Wagey; Why the fuck haven't you got your degree if Stacey the airheaded, cumbreathed retard and Gordon the violent, alcoholic abo have theirs?
>>
File: 1378252940679.jpg (29 KB, 679x499) Image search: [Google]
1378252940679.jpg
29 KB, 679x499
>>29910517
FedEx Ground will hire basically anyone that hasn't been convicted of a theft-related offense.

Now I move boxes and am garnering work experience for a more comfy job.
>>
>>29910751
Yeah I guess it was 10 years ago that I did that. Even then I remember trying to get a job at my local liquor store that I bought all mine at. They referred me to the website, maybe because they knew I drank a fuckload...

>>29910789
Sorry mate. Me too though. I got a good job that was earning under the threshold for repaying the loans. However because I work two jobs so that I can retire before I'm 70 the government is in my pockets for the repayments now. Fucking bullshit hey.

Falling for the uni meme feels so fucking bad.
>>
>>29910863
dont you have to have some strength for that?
t. weakling
>>
>>29910879
>Falling for the uni meme feels so fucking bad.

it doesnt help that Im 26 out of work for two years either.
>>
>>29910923
Fuck man that was my situation a year ago too. Luckily I kept my pre-uni job and was working that on weekend the whole time so I looked like less of a bum when applying for jobs.
>>
I just created a second personality for myself. Work me is perky, great with customers and can chat with coworkers about normie things.
Real me is sperglord that studied people enough to make a second personality.
>>
>>29910895
before starting, I was 6'0 and weighed 130 lbs.

The job beat my ass, but you improve your strength over time. strength doesn't initially matter; endurance and persistence are key to succeeding in box moving.
>>
>>29910979
So you're just a norm
>>
Craigslist, securitas was hiring for event security and after that I kept bugging their scheduler asking for more hours
When I decided to leave them I found just found another security company on craigslist and since I had experience and my guard card they hired me on the spot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.