[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1467958548442-pol.jpg (35 KB, 417x318) Image search: [Google]
1467958548442-pol.jpg
35 KB, 417x318
>be 22
>finished degree
>no job market in my tiny town so had to move back in with parents
>constantly looking for job online
>they think that people still accept paper applications
>they think showing up and talking to managers helps my resumes odds with corporate
>after 2 months they say I sleep too late too often
>say they'll unplug the lock the router and modem in their safe every night when they go to bed (9-10pm)
>they don't know that no matter what I do my schedule defaults to wake up in afternoon, fall asleep 2-4am
>won't listen to reason
>no serious way to an hero, too poor for an exit bag even

What fucking do
>>
>>29909354
what small town are you from OP? what's your degree in?

I would recommend moving out but you obviously can't afford that

sit down with them and tell them they are being ridiculous for thinking about unplugging the router, say you are a fucking adult and you don't want to be treated like this anymore.

Look for jobs across the country, not just in your city. In fact I would recomend getting a job away from your parents, it will make them think of you more as an adult.
>>
>>29909457
North florida, as much as I can say. Basically Alabama. Population less than 6k.

Degree is in forensic anthropology. Its hard science but people treat it like English or women's studies.

I am looking for jobs across the country but I have negative capital and can't afford to move. Besides, CSI people get paid like 30k tops. I was in law school but I dropped out from sperg anxiety So I have debts to repay.
>>
>>29909516
>Degree is in forensic anthropology
why do people get degrees in shit like this? didn't you consider the employability aspect before starting

this shit is on the same level as zoology or public health, where having a degree doesn't increase the level of income you can expect from your first job whatsoever, only experience matters

and you have debt... really fucked yourself desu

best bet is to find a job, in your area, anywhere, doesn't matter. look for government or law enforcement type work i guess idk
>>
>>29909683
I got it because I was going to law school. I didn't anticipate failing law school so hard since I breezed through undergrad with a bio minor. I was going to do criminal justice and have the science background to know what I was talking about when it came to murders and crime scene evidence, etc.

Yeah I'm applying at McDonald's and shit but I'm not black enough to be needed for a quota.
>>
>>29909810
>I didn't anticipate failing law school so hard
jesus christ is law school that hard... I was thinking of applying to law school after undergrad for IP law type stuff
>>
>just drop off a resume in person anon
>make sure to visit everyday :)
you're literally told to fuck off if you do this. hiring is handled by third parties with online software. managers do not want to see your face everyday
>>
>>29909875
Yup But they don't get it. The last time they applied for jobs was in the early 80's.

>>29909848
The exams are hard yeah but mostly it was my extreme social anxiety that made me totally fuck up classes (they randomly call on people and if you don't have the answer they send you out of the classroom) and I realized once I was in a mock-trial environment that there is no way I hell I can ever do this. Too many eyes on you, too much pressure. I had panic/anxiety attacks so that ended my career right then and there.
>>
>>29909970
>if you don't have the answer they send you out of the classroom
wtf?
that's extremely strict
>>
>>29910024
Yep you're expected to have read the 50-75 pages they assign every night in detail
>>
>>29910054
You anon, honestly, I don't wanna fucking do anything

I thought my degree would be cool before I started undergrad but I hate all my classes, I realized its not even because of the degree, I simply hate work

I don't want to fucking do anything in my life, everything requires work

fuck this gay world
>>
>>29909516
Near Pensacola? Century, Jordan, Pace, Milton etc?
>>
>>29910099
I liked doing work on anthropology, it was interesting enough to me that it didn't feel like work. But woah hey you need to permanently indenture yourself with a PhD's worth of debt to even be considered for any position or to teach or anything.

>>29910132
Bingo
>>
>>29910149
Yeah I live in the city. I'm starting college at PSC then transfering after a year since I waited too long due to indecesion. But anyways enough about me, I'd tell you to look for jobs in the city, but I'm sure you already tried that. Might as well Look for a part time job to at least show that you're trying
>>
>>29910604
Trust me man I am. There is nothing around. Not even manual labor, which I would be doing just for the peace of mind to not have debt anymore.
>>
>>29910719
If you're not too far away downtown should have plenty of openings, and seriously try to fix your schedule it'll show even more that you're trying. What i do when mine's fucked i just stay awake 24hrs til i get to the time i want to sleep. Anyways i hope u make, pls dont kill urself, not many of us here ;^)
>>
>>29910853
Where is good downtown? I'm extremely ugly and horrible to look at so I'm not really suitable for interacting with the public.
>>
File: IMG_0743.jpg (205 KB, 957x957) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
205 KB, 957x957
>paper resumes are dead
>muh online applications

Listen up sperglords, you find places that are hiring online and then you go to the buisness eith your resume and ask for the hiring or general manager. This simple act puts a face and personality to your resume (which is sitting alongside a nice pile of other faceless goons) but most importantly it can lead itself to a spontaneous interview.

My past 5 jobs I've found like this. Find a ton of addresses, map it out on google maps, dress expecting a interview and stroll in. Online resumes are useless to begin with (how do I screen Niggers or Aspies from my buisness?) evenmoreso with form-filled apps.

I didnt believe in white privellage until this shit worked and my overqualified black friend was geting shut out. Being tall, white and semicharismatic helps.

Get out of the house anon. Having a irrelevant degree doesnt help either. Its a small town, hit tge kitchens.
>>
>>29910887
Dt pensacola. Since ur so close 2 Alabama u can look in mobile too
>>
File: 1466278331922.jpg (26 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1466278331922.jpg
26 KB, 640x637
>>29910925
>just go in and b urself :^)
>>
also if u actually have a hard time staying awake just dont lay in bed, do not get comfy, and eat to keep ur energy up also do something to stay awake. I usually play gamew
>>
>>29910939
Oh no I'm in pcola I mean do you know any specific places that are hiring? We moved here relatively recently so while nepotism would have gotten me a job in my hometown (probably) we don't know anyone here so I don't have an in anywhere. Would rather work downtown than anywhere else in town tho
>>
>>29910990
Nah i dont. I just know dt and the beach are hot spots for applications. Also try cardova mall and its soroundings, the uwf area too.
>>
>>29909516
>he fell for the CSI meme
>he fell for it for four years
>he went into law despite having serious anxiety
not to be that guy but, dude...
>>
>>29911032
Oh yeah man I canvassed the mall, nada.
>>
>>29910099
I got over this when I was fucking 13
>>
Look into security, I was unemployed for a few years since all the normal stuff you would think of kept saying to just apply online, even call centers
Security always seems to have a lack of people and if you can arrive in time and keep your uniform tidy you'll probably get hired, its what I do
Oh, be warned though that some posts are horrible, I'm lucky and have a cushy post now but before I was doing stuff like 13 hour shifts in parking lots
>>
>>29909354
Isn't an exit bag only a few dollars?
Also, fix your sleep schedule. The world operates on a 9-5 schedule.
The rest of yor post seems fair.
>>
>>29911483
What if you're a manlet? I don't think I can look imposing without pointing a weapon at someone.
>select all images with pasta or noodles
>>
>>29911898
Luckily I look like a Viking so looking imposing wouldn't be hard
>>
Yeah OP, law enforcement is probably the best thing, you can also get relevant experience towards your degree if you continue with law enforcement, maybe become a detective
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.