[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never die while climbing Mount Everest Why even live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: everest.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
everest.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1066
>you will never die while climbing Mount Everest
Why even live?
>>
>>29909259
Why not? I hear too many people go there now.
>Theres a line at the summit so you can take your picture at the top.
>Some lady died because nobody in line would give her oxygen
You can die from lack of oxygen too anon.
>>
>>29909259
you still have time, hike a little bit to train so you can get up a decent distance before freezing to death
>>
File: 29010.jpg (77 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
29010.jpg
77 KB, 225x350
>>29909259

OP's pic isnt even everest. Looks like someone in the pacific north west.

Also to climb everest you need like 30k in money alone to buy a ticket
>>
>>29909300
Everest isn't an overly technical climb when the weather conditions are good, it's the altitude that gets you.
>>
File: mt-everest.jpg (223 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
mt-everest.jpg
223 KB, 700x500
>>29909259
That's not Everest, OP. That picture is of Mount Shasta, located in Siskiyou County, California. Pic related is Mount Everest, on the border between Tibet and Nepal.
>>
if i summit mount everest will that help me get a girlfriend? i figure it will impress them if i tell them
>>
>>29909259
It's fucked up. The only people who do everest is extremely rich people, and it's just an easy line up now. No adventure, it's literally just a "hey I'm rich, look at me at Everest". The fucked up thing is that you pass dead bodies going up like anything. People sometimes die of complications, and the rich snobs just pass them. They do not care.
>>
>>29909259
I am actually working toward this, OP.

I've saved up about half of what I need to climb Everest. I will not hire any Sherpas to assist with my climb. I am almost certain I will die and I'm fine with that. If by some miracle I do reach the summit and return safely, perhaps it will motivate me to continue living. But dying on Everest has very deep meaning to me, so it's win-win either way.
>>
>>29910697
Rich people die on Everest too.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.