[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>deleted my normiebook years ago >don't watch TV anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 0SmHcAk.jpg (776 KB, 3200x2234) Image search: [Google]
0SmHcAk.jpg
776 KB, 3200x2234
>deleted my normiebook years ago
>don't watch TV anymore
>unfollowed 200+ accounts on my twitter feed
>unsubbed from 50+ channels on my youtube account
>stopped caring about politics and social issues
>never been happier
>walking through this board looking at people being totally mad at race relations, gender in bathrooms, feminism and anti-feminism, immigrants, Chad and Stacey, NEETs and wagies, cut vs uncut, Jews and Muslims, reddit and 4chan, etc.
>It now seems like an alien concept that people still care about all that
>Whatever keeps you entertained though

Who /gondola/ here?

I also like the Japanese concept of throwing things away that you don't need and that don't bring you joy, and only keeping the things you enjoy, less is more.
>>
>>29909192
t. Marie Kondo pleb
>>
>>29909192
wow, you are amazing anon. you must be the coolest, smartest, hippest guy on r9k.

A B O V E I T A L L
>>
>>29909192
you're going to discover heroin and it's going to ruin you
>>
>>29909192
come back when your only belonging is a wooden bowl and a robe
>>
File: 3f9.gif (2 MB, 675x473) Image search: [Google]
3f9.gif
2 MB, 675x473
>>29909211
for real I want to make that 30 year old professional housewife my waifu senpai.

She also taught me how to fold my laundry like a big boy

>>29909216
You sound upset, what's on your mind?
>>
>>29909192
I did this about 8 months ago. It made me happier for a bit then I realized I was just burying my head in the sand and that there's more to life than feeling happy.
>>
File: 1cK01A4.jpg (409 KB, 1745x953) Image search: [Google]
1cK01A4.jpg
409 KB, 1745x953
>>29909243
Does the wooden bowl have wifi?

>>29909236
I would pass on that personally. I never liked needles but I did have some excellent opioid painkillers that I saved up and can see why people totally fuckin ruin their lives for that.
>>
>>29909192
I guess ignorance is bliss
>>
>>29909267
She's like 60+ I thought?

I love her too. My drawers are so tidy. In fact I can now fit so much shit in my drawers I am rethinking my capsule/minimalist wardrobe.
>>
File: tumblr_o8wdkcpRug1r5z5hko1_500.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8wdkcpRug1r5z5hko1_500.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
These are all good things as long as you are keeping yourself updated on world events and issues.
>>
>>29909267
I'd cum in her tight pussy t b h
Her book was pretty nice (a bit redundant tho)

But yeah something happened two days ago
I forgot my laptop at my friends' house, so after I freaked out for a bit, I sat down and did a lot of "productive" stuff. Like cleaning my room, read some chapters of a book, some gardening, SRS'd some Kanji etc

So I thought to myself "NO MORE THAN 2 HOURS A DAY OF BROWSING"
.....here I am. It's been 5 hours now.

I want to leave and never come back.
>>
>>29909361
It's not ignorance, it's a willful detachment.

Even with me being detached from direct news outlets, I still get more than enough news filtered to me through this board or other people that I follow online. When I was directly following news media I was just being ceaselessly bombarded with useless information about stressful events that have no impact on my life and that I can do nothing about. That's why we live in a culture of people taking other people's tragedies and misery and problems as their own, more than ever before.

I'm well aware about all these controversies and problems in the world, but I don't care.

>>29909427
33 years old, but you never be sure with Japanese women I guess.

There was another Japanese writer whose name I can't recall at the moment, but her philosophy is that if you have a box stashed away in a closet or under a bed or something, you should just throw the box and its content away without even opening it.

There was another principle where drawers and closets should only be filled at 70% capacity, while open spaces like shelves and desks should only be filled at 50% capacity.
>>
>>29909361
happiness still equals ignorance to wannabe intellectuals, I see
>>
I'm with you OP. Social media is a joke, TV and movies are trash, videos games are a distraction.

All I do now is read and write plus occasionally shitpost, obviously.

The world is filled with such clueless self absorbed people that it is no longer worth engaging with to me

It has been literally years since I've met someone able to talk to me on an even level without me having invariably to come way down to their level and pretend to follow their interests.
>>
File: 1451938771190.jpg (535 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1451938771190.jpg
535 KB, 1536x2048
>>29909192
>Used normiebook
>Had a social life, met new people occasionally through FB

>Delete normiebook
>Haven't had friends aside from my co-workers in the 2 years it's been deleted.

I hate it but I'm starting to think that having one might be a good thing
>>
File: HnzPJ1M.gif (439 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
HnzPJ1M.gif
439 KB, 800x800
>>29909522
oh I know how that goes, that's my next big flaw/addiction. 4chins/video games/rinse/repeat

There was a thunderstorm a while ago and it cut off the power in our house as I was mid-shitpost. I lit a candle, turned my laptop off , thought about playing some offline games on my phone but decided against it since it was still charging, and then started reading backlog books by candle light. I wish the power had stayed off all night long.

It reminded me of when I was a kid and had no vidya or internet and we didn't have a PC yet.
>>
>>29909760
Fuck, are you me? I never used it regularly but I still had some friends when I had it. Friendless now, haven't seen any friends in about 4 years.

>>29909192
So you're now just apathetic about everything? I am too but then I am massively depressed.
>>
>>29909760
>met new people occasionally through FB

How does that work?

I used to meet people through myspace, and also pre-myspace social sites because I'm 100 fuckin years old, but with facebook it was always the other way around. Meet people IRL and then add them later.
>>
>>29909813
I've had people from work invite me to social gatherings but since they are run through FB I have to sheepishly turn them down. Even if I made one today I'm not sure what i would even use it for, I don't have anything to say or any pictures to post, why would anyone care about my life?
>>
>>29909863
Friend of friends would add me and say hi. I would accept if they seemed like somebody I could be friends with, boom friendship.
>>
>>29909901
I know all those feels anon.

>Even if I made one today I'm not sure what i would even use it for, I don't have anything to say or any pictures to post, why would anyone care about my life?

Exactly. No idea why anyone would want to know me. It just seems like normies use it boast about things in their lives.
>>
I never did any of those to begin with because I use my brain
>>
>>29909948
When I still used it, it was a nice way to stay in touch with friends who live far away or family members but it is mostly a competition for attention. It's so much easier to break the ice with people though for example

>add qt you barely know
>message her hi

vs trying to get her phone number in person and continuing from there
>>
>>29909192
Been there. Your solution doesn't stand the test of time.
>>
>>29909901
I was once left out of a major social gathering at work, our manager's going-away party, because everyone had organized the fuckin thing through their iphone chat thing.

Also because I'm a turbo-autist, probably mostly that.
>>
>>29910093
>Hey anon come to the going away party
>I don't have an iPhone, but when and where do I show up?

???
>>
>>29909192
>>29909309

Do you have more pictures like this?
>>
>>29909243
Kek >>29909309

Fuck you kid
>>
>>29910027
>vs trying to get her phone number in person and continuing from there

That is true. I've found "fembots" on here much easier to talk to than women IRL
>>
>>29910140
I was vaguely told that there would be a going-away party, and that I would be happy to show up.

Time passed, and next thing I know the party is happening next week on the one shift that I'm working. The one shift that I'm working at.

Everyone gathered in the store and were like LOL BYE ANON and then they all fucked off.

But apparently the whole thing was weird awkward as hell because the manager was essentially fired. It's still a kick in the nuts that they prioritize having the 17 year old kid who'd only been working there for a week go to her party but they'd cuck me out of it when I had know her for like 9 years.
>>
>>29909192
This is how I've always been, and it's how I thought everyone on /r9k/ was too, guess not. It's pretty comfy not giving one single shot about anything. No commitments, no responsibility. No wants, no hassle.

It never made sense to me why people get so upset about things that are clearly out of their control, as if their bitching and ranting will fix anything. God knows they aren't gonna put in anymore effort than that. And living for games, tv, social media, tv, movies, etc. is sadder than being a lonely drunk who wanks to sissys cumming on their own faces.

t. just let go
>>
File: 1466970317839.jpg (52 KB, 749x444) Image search: [Google]
1466970317839.jpg
52 KB, 749x444
>>29910154
http://imgur.com/gallery/xP4gS
>>
>>29910635
>It never made sense to me why people get so upset about things that are clearly out of their control, as if their bitching and ranting will fix anything.

As cliche as it is to say it, it's just first world problems. Not only things that are out of their control, but often things that have no consequences on their own lives.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.