[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to apply for a job if I don't have any skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: charliejob.jpg (55 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
charliejob.jpg
55 KB, 500x344
I went into a stem degree because at orientations everyone was saying how the graduates have no problem finding a job when they are done.
Obviously the assumption is that graduates are not autistic and it seems to be correct.
One of the guys who started a year before me is now working at Google. A bunch of people went on to work in CERN. Everyone seems to apply for jobs.
But...they literally didn't teach us any job skills. The most relevant class was one semester of C++. Other than that was just very theoretical knowledge that nobody needs.

How much do you normally get taught at the job when you have no experience?
Because I am afraid to apply somewhere and have literally no skills at all.
>>
Problem: you have no job.
Reason: you have no skills.
Solution: you must attain skills to get a job.
>>
>>29907592
This is very clever. I am literally posting it to /r/4chan right now.
What skills though? I have no clue what you are supposed to know.
>>
>>29907564
Lie within reason. It's kind of a weird mindset. You're going to lie, the employer knows you're going to lie anyways. I remember being eight and my uncle in law asked my dad to pretend to be his previous employer.

My buddy worked as a manager at Burger King and I asked him to lie for me so that I didn't have a two year gap in my resume.
>>
>>29907636

Well I don't fucking know, do I? You ought to know, dipshit. It's /your/ job hunt.

Fuck, sarcastically call my comment clever and yet you're this retarded. Probably why you're jobless.

What do you want to do with your labour?
>>
>>29907737
Why do you reply then?Obviously I am retarded, otherwise I would have not ended up in my situation.

>>29907735
How much can you lie about? Like pretending to be better at something then you really are?
Can they fire you if they find out?
>>
Honest even starting a class in coding for a job that uses C++ you probably already have more training for using that language than people that got those jobs years ago. The people in those jobs haven't moved out, they've just moved out of the shitty ones. Shitty businesses go out of business and there are less jobs.
When you apply at a place try to figure out where you're applying at (some places will take it at a physical location, others will take it online) if people don't tell you no, I've been told you should just keep applying. If people don't want you to apply figure out if it's a manager or someone being a dick.
Somehow people think you can just be poor and go to school or training and then do unpaid work for years.
>>
They teach you everything on the job

For science/engineering jobs, all you need to have is a degree. They wont expect any real job experience if you just got your undergrad. Just get through the interview process and they'll teach you everything you need to know.

Take it from me, I didnt know shit at my first engineering job

t. Aerospace Engineer
>>
>>29907836

I'm trying to help you. You need experience and marketable skills to find a job. You need to answer the question of what you enjoy doing or at least what you could tolerate doing.

List strengths and weaknesses.

Obtain pertinent skills in what you want to do.

Lie your ass off in interviews.
>>
>>29907564
that picture, literally same except for 'just get a gf'
>>
>>29907836
You can pretend to be better by a skill level higher, like depending on the skill. You can can brush it off as it being done differently at this particular job.

Some things you can't fake like speaking another language or math. I lied about knowing a lot about Excel. I only knew it some what. I got the temp job and downloaded a book on Excel and learned as I go along.

Oh yeah, when I was applying for jobs, I was too honest. I applied at Target and they asked like, "Would you still?" Yes, no, depends. And I was thinking honestly, if it things were dire, yes. So I put maybe.

Didn't get it. I told my friend and he laughed at me. With shit jobs like that, just say you're a fucking ten at everything and are available at all times.
>>
>>29907905
I guess I enjoyed electronics and programming classes the most, but I don't see basic electronics being useful anymore. And I would need years to actually learn enough programming to work in software.

>>29907903
This certainly makes me feel better. What did you do at your job at the beginning?
>>
File: sandler.jpg (56 KB, 720x676) Image search: [Google]
sandler.jpg
56 KB, 720x676
>>29907564
>put in a job interview for an experience required retail job (retail at a higher standard place)
>get a call back two days later

>put in an application at another higher stadnard retail place
>same day drive there
>go in talk to the hiring manager
>gives an interview just because she liked me

I dont see how someone could stay unemployed
>>
>>29908028
Are you fucking kidding. That guy is a fucking college grad. Women want nothing to fucking do with him. Top tier women want a college grad, this guy is a fucking leper. Ask him about his college experience first.
>>
>>29908088
What is the meaning of that?
>>
Have recommended it before and I'll recommend it again.

Clean floors for large stores like Menards', Lowes, Target, whatever closes at a reasonable time in the evening so fucktards aren't wandering around while you're trying to scrub.

You literally walk behind machines that do all the work for you, you just need to empty them onc ein awhile, refill the water, or change the buffer pad. I learned the job in one fucking night.

It generally pays fairly well because nobody likes doing it and it is INCREDIBLY monotonous. Literally the same thing every night all night unless you're waxing the floors(if they even bother doing that at the place of your employment.)

You could train a chimp to do these jobs, and they will literally hire anybody so long as you don't have a history of stealing shit. I've worked with carnies and ex-cons, single moms and manchildren.

Just do what your boss says. If they say you did it wrong. Just say 'sorry, i'll go back and fix it'. or, 'can you show me what I did wrong so I don't do it wrong again?' and that's it.

You're left alone most of the night. In fact you don't have to see anyone at all if you take lunch by yourself. Smoke breaks in the bathroom, just be careful with the chemicals, they're usually REALLY(REALLY) flammable. Spitfire in particular. Oh, and the propane they use to run the floor buffers, but you'd have to try real hard to blow yourself up with those.

Anyway, happy hunting anon, you literally need no skills whatsoever besides the ability to walk and say 'ok, i'm done with that, what do I do next?"
>>
>>29908156
The meaning of that is for money I will do unmentionable things.

I'm wasting my god damn life processing this information. I gave a post and faggot OP ignored it.

If that fucking cunt can explain how he paid for his college training, I would be much less hostile.
>>
>>29908086

>put in two dozen applications with the help of Michigan Works all relating to my field
>no call backs, not a word
>go to every place I applied, request interview with manager
>be bad at interviews, talking to people, anxiety obvious, look about ready to bolt out the door or jump out the window
>longest twenty minute of my life
>sit outside the building, head in hands, sweaty, shaking, mopping sweat from my face with my shirt
>repeat process
>know i'll never hear from any of these places again

I keep trying anon, I really do, but I just don't know anymore. I've put in literally hundreds of applications and have not heard a single ring on my phone.

I did however put in a few at the local grocery store and the auto-parts place, both within a five minute walk. I know the hiring guy at the grocery store, but i'm fairly sure he hates me for some reason.
>>
>>29908279
Then why are you still in this thread if you are wasting your time?
>>
>>29908332
>trying
youre trying by banging the circle into the square hole and hoping it goes through, instead of trying to solve the true issue.

The biggest hurtle is the interview honestly, and if you browsed 4chan and kept your online life secret from your real life it should be easy to fake it in an interview and on the job; also good practice for getting out of an autistic life. Don't be afraid to hype yourself up on your resume, if I was frank and humble on my resume it'd be shit.
>>
>>29908438
You ever heard of that game 6 degrees of separation? I'm trying to get closer to banging your mom.
>>
>>29908495

I can't help it anon. If I know i'm going to a crowded place I literally ahve to shove a catheter into my dick because there's a very real chance of pissing myself in fear.

Panic mode sets in immediately when I enter, I'm sweating profusely and soaked by the time I get into the boss' office, and I can tell he smells me. His/her nostrils flair, they can smell the fear. I visibly shake and either have to bite my lip to the point I nearly bleed or shove my fingernails into my palm to keep my mind off the fact I'm probably about to start crying and the guy hasn't even said a word yet.

Can't hype on resumes, there's litteraly nothing to hype. The two jobs i've had are in different states that I can't get ahold of anymore, and one of them spelled my name wrong so there's no record of the year long contract I did for them.

And get this, cuz it's funny. My first job, at a place called Kellermeyer Building Service, gave us these things called Paycheck Plus cards, right? I opted for a direct bank deposit instead because the card came attached with ungodly fees for using it and withdrawing money. So, when THEIR contract ran out, THEY PUT THE MONEY INTO THE CARD I NEVER ACTIVATED AND THREW AWAY LOL. I still have like 600 bucks in that thing that I can't access and they can't do anything about. Ain't that but a bitch? Ten years later and i'm still fucking furious.
>>
>>29908598
You are a really strange person, Anon.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.