[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i stop being scared of dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: ggaas.jpg (36 KB, 592x553) Image search: [Google]
ggaas.jpg
36 KB, 592x553
how do i stop being scared of dying?
>>
You stop being a pussy and realize that you could die at any moment. Accept it.
>>
>>29907486
You do it now before you have a chance to think about it.
>>
By killing yourself kiddo
>>
>>29907486
Delude yourself into thinking that immortality will be discovered in your lifetime and made available to you. Personally I took biochemistry in uni because "hey that's chemistry in the body and stuff I can probably become immortal by doing this".
>>
Accept it as an inevitability and go do some crazy shit.

That or have a near-death experience. That usually reframes the whole "fear of death" thing.
>>
who here scared of death but also scared of the idea of immortality?
>>
File: 1468338229598.png (157 KB, 307x486) Image search: [Google]
1468338229598.png
157 KB, 307x486
>>29907486
>Not wanting to die

Fucking Normalfag
>>
i'm not scared of dying, just scared of dying alone i guess

i'm a 27yo khhhv neet and never experienced love in my life, thanks to escapism i could cope with it until now but how am i supposed to live 20 years from now?
>>
>>29907486
Everyone dies.
Its not so bad really, losing conciousness would be a good thing for those that are riddled with worry, grief, regret, and such.

I stopped being afraid of it and the rest of my fears went with it.

I wasn't sure I conquered my fear until I had a moment where my life could have been in danger. I stayed calm.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>29907664

>I wasn't sure I conquered my fear until I had a moment where my life could have been in danger.
>I stayed calm.
>>
There was a point where I realised that there were so many things I couldn't control, so many decisions that were made for me, and when there was nothing for me to do, I just decided to resign myself to whatever had happened/was about to happen. There's always going to be an end to my story. My life remains worth living out of curiosity more than anything else. When it does end...so be it.
>>
>>29907586
This tbqfh you fuck
>>
>>29907798
Legit feel when take the fedora away, though.

I got choked out in a fight once, didn't even know the other guy was there until he jumped on me. I remember being 100% sure I was dying, the last thought before blacking out was "this isn't nearly as bad as I expected dying to be" and I was okay with it.
>>
>>29908126

why were you in the fight? greentext.
>>
File: Jake_Gyllenhaal.jpg (25 KB, 880x474) Image search: [Google]
Jake_Gyllenhaal.jpg
25 KB, 880x474
You grow up, being scared of Death means that you think that someone will actually miss you if your gone and that you have dreams to achieve in life before dying. The fact that you still have hope yet you wanna an hero means you are not a robot. The sooner you stop worrying about everything and realize that killing yourself is just a waste of effort is the moment you truly except that life is pointless and nothing matters
>>
>>29908126
Going to tip my fedora, too.

I really don't fear death at all since that happened. What I'm afraid of is surviving something that cripples me.

When I was considering suicide a while back I automatically decided on hanging because I know what it feels like to suffocate, I decided against it because 1) I have 3 nieces and a nephew who would be crushed and 2) I ran the risk of being found and 'saved', living as a potato being way worse than my current situation
>>
>>29907540
>Delude yourself into thinking that immortality will be discovered in your lifetime
Even if it doesn't, resurrection/immortality will eventually be discovered.

I was seriously injured once, and it felt bad to feel yourself drifting but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever felt. It feels like when you're really tired and drifting off to sleep, but lonelier. It's more sad than scary.
>>
File: spikebebop.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spikebebop.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>29907486
Why stop Padawan?
>>
>>29907486
Stop being scared of living.

>think about it...
>>
>>29908145
>drinking by fire with my brother and a mutual friend
>everybody is drunk, good times
>out of fucking nowhere a jeep pulls up and next thing I know we're all brawling
Thought it was just 3 guys, being drunk as we were that was enough
>brother was doing awright, had his guy pinned and was dropping some hilarious elbows
>our buddy was pinned and getting his ass beat
>I was on my guy, had his face in my hands and was whacking his head on the dirt

Next thing I know I'm off him, it got real real fast.

Brother got on the guy for me, I got my breath back, doucher who choked me took a beating.

The guy we were drinking with had fucked one of their girlfriend's and was taunting him, telling him where he was and pretty well asking for it.
>>
>>29907486
Realize that coming to terms with immortality is much harder than coming to terms with death. Consider a point were the universe has run out of energy and there is nothing left. Nothing at all. But you're still alive.
>>
>>29908609
If the universe collapses into itself while you're still alive, immortality won't save you from what happens next.

I mean unless you were just kinda wrapped around the singularity and waiting for it to expand. And then what? That's some kinda hell, you're right.
>>
>>29907625
you'll probably die in your sleep or be drugged up. unless you burn to death in a car fire.
>>
>>29908609
>Consider a point were the universe has run out of energy and there is nothing left. Nothing at all. But you're still alive.
if humans become immortal we'd probably have the technology available to stop the universe from running out of energy
>>
File: 1468357137821.png (763 KB, 1239x795) Image search: [Google]
1468357137821.png
763 KB, 1239x795
>>29907486
Die already.
Think about it.
Once you die, of there is an afterlife, track me down through this IPs post.
>>
>>29908758
No, not really.

If that were the case, it would have already been done.
>>
>>29908237
How close were you to dying anon? And was it similar to what you feel when you're depressed?
>>
Death itself is no experience. What's there to fear? The process of dying might be painful though. If the billions of creatures on earth can take it everyday, so can you.
>>
>>29908814
>If that were the case, it would have already been done.
that's a bad argument, the industrial revolution was only a few hundred years ago which is a very small amount of time compared to how long humans have been around/recording things
>>
>>29908853
>the billions of creatures on earth can take it

What does this mean though? They don't seem to be able to take it because they all fucking die.
>>
>>29908830
>How close were you to dying anon?
I'm not sure exactly, but I was bleeding a lot and kind of felt like I was on autopilot

>And was it similar to what you feel when you're depressed?
Yes, actually. After I recovered I was really happy for a while but then started becoming more and more depressed. I wasn't sure why but after it was at its worst, I realized the two situations felt pretty similar.
>>
>>29908918
All of them live through the experience of dying. How bad can it be?
>>
>>29909035
>All of them live through the experience of dying.
>>
File: stres.jpg (6 KB, 196x185) Image search: [Google]
stres.jpg
6 KB, 196x185
>tfw scared od death not because of non-existing but being reborn and living even shittier life than now
>>
>>29908237
Immortality will never be discovered anon.
>>
>>29909324
That won't happen, anyone being reborn is going to be reborn into a universe that was perfected with science and technology. Reincarnation was an early hypothesis that was on the right track but had flaws.

>>29909384
Not in the sense that some scientist will figure out how to become immortal with a potion, but it will.
>>
>>29909027
>after it was at its worst, I realized the two situations felt pretty similar.

Shit, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the (You).
>>
>>29909112
is it... a troll ?
stars are made out of atoms...
>>
>>29908907
I mean there would have been a civilization that did so already. The big bang that lead to our iteration of the universe wouldn't have happened.

I mean, assuming you subscribe to the "everything collapses into a new singularity" hypothesis.

Kinda like the "if it were possible to emulate an entire universe, it's very unlikely we're living in the 'real' one"
>>
>>29907486
Be in enough near death experiences where when they happen they don't phase you.
>>
By dying, obviously
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.