[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finished watching cowboy bebop a few nights ago and I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault-21.jpg (114 KB, 2745x1572) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-21.jpg
114 KB, 2745x1572
finished watching cowboy bebop a few nights ago and I really liked it. anyone have suggestions for shows like it? Preferably older animes. I tried watching some newer ones but they're all pretty fucking cringy.
>>
>>29907450
Samurai Champloo is a newer anime, but shares the same creator with Cowboy Bepop, so i suggest it. Try Neon Genesis Evangellion, Great Teacher Onizuka, Black Lagoon and Trigun, especially the last two.
>>
Watch space dandy if you really like bepop
>>
File: 1425173790497-3.png (94 KB, 401x344) Image search: [Google]
1425173790497-3.png
94 KB, 401x344
>>29908386
>"/a/'s favourite" entry level meme shows
>>
>>29907450
Bump. The only animes I've ever truly enjoyed are Cowboy Bebop and FLCL. Bebop is practically one of a kind as far as I've found.
>>
>>29908448
Fuck off if you're going to be an utter fucking annoying retarded shit.
>>
>>29907450
Go watch Big O my dude.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Od9CmTu0
>>
>>29908386
Samurai champloo was excellent. Watanabe now that I checked did macross. Rather a juvenile show but if you can't appreciate it for that the humor of the entire thing will go over your head.

>>29908448
Cringey anime expert I choose you!
>throws poke ball
>>
>>29907450
Cowboy Bebop is quite unique, I've never seen anything like it in many years. You may like Trigun, Space Dandy and Durarara.
>>
>>29908749
At least i am not a pleb that watches everything /a/ tells him to
>>
>>29907450
try outlaw star.

sci-fi with a little mix of fantasy

and rockets that WRESTLE IN SPACE WITH ROBOT ARMS
>>
Anime suggestions here.
Buy Coyote Ragtime Show on Blu-ray or DVD it's the same animation style. Buy Iria on DVD relatively same style and also about bounty hunting. Buy Outlaw Star same animation style and badass main character.
Notice I say buy. Support the companies and artists because capitalism has us all by the balls. Have a nice day.
>>
Trigun is the greatest anime of all time

Go watch it and then read the manga.
>>
>>29907450
revolutionary girl utena is the shit
> ZETTAI
> UNMEI
> MOKUSHIROKU
>>
>>29908845
Trigun is pretty weak compared to bebop.

Comparing the two without any other reference point is rather pointless since trigun wouldn't stand a chance
>>
>>29909762
Agreed and I like Trigun a lot but Bebop puts the vast majority of anime to shame effortlessly even after all these years. Bebop essentially takes the good parts of anime and removes the Japanese-ness for lack of a better term. The result is amazing.
>>
>>29909886
If that's the kind of thing you like you should check out Jojo, the author is a huge westaboo and has overall little to do with shitty jap culture. It starts out a little gay but gets really good and both the manga and anime are very high quality. I actually prefer the manga.
>>
Outlaw Star is a good fun romp through space
Fooly Cooly is seminal and required watching before you can call yourself a man
Gurren Lagan is a roller coster ride of good feelings and also required watching
Big O is the best giant robot anime of all time and Dorothy is mai waifu
>>
>>29909762
>>29908845

>Cowboy Bebop is quite unique, I've never seen anything like it in many years.
>you may like
>may

I know, I think the same. I don't think that Cowboy Bebop can be compared to anything.

I'm suggesting something that may be heading to the same direction OP may be looking for, but to me, Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime for what, 13 or 14 years, I don't compare it with anything else.
>>
>>29909886
Well jap or not doesn't bother me, all cultures are built on brutality.
Trigun is just a lot more simplistic and fantastical. If people are just going to recommend adult swim shit before I stopped watching I don't know why they'd jump the gun to trigun and not Full Metal Alchemist or Lupin the 3rd (lupin has a much better chance against bebop that FMA) or what's that wannabe sherlockholmes that got the fountain of youth and acted like it was a bad thing?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.