[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I did a degree in Foreign Languages and did no internships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>mfw I did a degree in Foreign Languages and did no internships while at university
>>
Try to get into ambassador or intelligence work.
>>
>>29906630

Maybe this will help. I'm not shilling. I'm a regular /r9k/ poster just trying to help.
http://work.chron.com/steps-becoming-foreign-ambassador-14062.html
>>
>>29906772
>>29906734

I'm in the UK bruhs

My language skills aren't good enough for intelligence work as well. You need to be like Native-tier and probably at sandnigger languages or Chinese or something

Not German and Italian like I studied
>>
>>29906630
aha don't stress OP, I can't remember the last time I made a decision that didn't inadvertently bring me closer to killing myself (:
>>
>>29906909

>Implying that isn't true for me as well
>>
>>29906900

Maybe you can be an English teacher or book translator. FL seems more useful than women's studies and other humanities degrees. Someone out there should have need of it.
>>
>>29906900
Non avere paura, anon. Troverai qualcosa di buono, buona fortuna
>>
>>29906900

Bilingual data entry seems to have a couple job listings.
>>
>>29907023

I'm too autistic to teach

Plus it seems like a fucking awful career, like banking levels of stress for about 10% of the pay

Translating books could be fun but idk how you get into it, it's probably one of those careers you need to "freelance" in for pennies for like a decade
>>
>>29907083

Grazie fratello
>>
>did any degree ever
>didn't do internships because social anxiety, wanted to focus on school
>entry level job: 2 years min experience

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If I needed an internship why didn't you fucks tell me? It's "recommended" isn't the same as "if you don't you will live in a cardboard box eating out of dumpsters."
>>
>>29907427

This tbqh

I mean it's my own fault but tfw no middle class parents to guide you/suggest things instead of my poorfag family that convinced me any degree = megabux
>>
File: 1454032022754.png (219 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1454032022754.png
219 KB, 300x300
>pops was a mechanic
>taught me how to earn my bread with his roughed oil-covered hands
>Barely finished High School
>Went full on blue-collar
>Pops passed me his workshop and tools
>Natural pussy repellent as i am covered in oil and smell like shit because my sweat is toxic.And most women dont want blue-collar dirty-handed men

Feels good senpai
>>
File: 1452168050270.png (325 KB, 446x434) Image search: [Google]
1452168050270.png
325 KB, 446x434
>>29907427
>>29907568

Maybe you shouldnt have gone for fucking useless meme degrees

I have never heard of an unemployed competent welder/mechanic/line-worker/Construction etc.
>>
>>29907816

>working with your hands for a living
>>
>>29907568

This. chad and stacy had parents to tell them these unwritten rules of job search etiquette. My dumbass poorfag parents didn't teach me shit.

>>29907816

Pft. Literally every blue collar laborer I know is crippled or seriously injured by 45. Or otherwise always has roughed up injured hands and smells like car oil and shweddy balls.
>>
>>29907816

Maybe I don't want to work trades because I'm not enough of a roughneck, truck-driving, beer-drinking hard hat to cut it. My dad was a programmer, my grandpa was a hotel clerk working with numbers, and my great grandpa was an accountant with a contracting business on the side. My mother's side was full of teachers and politicians. The only manual labor I'm good at is carpentry and woodwork. There is a long history of carpenters and painters in my bloodline.

Here's me if I worked a trade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXefMpB25N4
>>
File: 1455174838043.jpg (77 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1455174838043.jpg
77 KB, 480x640
>>29907976
>Not having match-paper palms with a grip capable of crushing any numale,NEET,woman,faggot bones
>mfw i crush some numale hands and he begs me to stop
>>
>>29906630
Bad wagie! Bad! You need to build experience!
>>
>>29908562

I have 17 years of programming experience, but none of it counts since I didn't get paid. My work 10 years ago was better than some of the stuff I was seeing in team projects done by people that had internships at big companies.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.