[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to get into hardcore gaming >too dumb for dwarf fortress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: pepe.jpg (5 KB, 192x185) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
5 KB, 192x185
>want to get into hardcore gaming
>too dumb for dwarf fortress
>too dumb for grand strategy
>too dumb for civilization

wtf do i play
>>
Civ 5 isn't hard to learn and really satisfying to play.
>>
File: pepefrog.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
pepefrog.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
>>29904569
im too dumb for it though.
>>
>>29904517

>hardcore
>civilisation

LMAO HOLY SHIT
>>
>>29904589
Have you played the tutorial?
>>
F-zero GX. Pure visceral skill
>>
It's called practicing retard
>>
>>29904614
Yes.

original comment is original is original
>>
>started playing Stellaris
>too dumb for it
>keep dying after building up my empire for hours
>too proud to lower difficulty level
>get mad but still having fun
>and it's in space yay
>>
just play rts games
>>
>>29904634
Then you're a lost cause.
>>
>>29904589
start on easy mode, simple as fuck and you end up god!
>>
>>29904651
How the fuck are you too dumb for stellaris, it's one of the most simple GS games
>>
File: Jebhoodie.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1031) Image search: [Google]
Jebhoodie.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1031
>>29904517
Try stellaris.
It's.a hybrid 4x and grand strategy game.
>>
>>29904517
Planets Nu is a Masters of Orion knockoff that's pretty fun.
>>
Try Hearts of Iron 4, the AI is a little bit retarded and the devs have gone on holiday.
>>
Try another genre of """"""hardcore""""""" gaming you dimwit. Most games rely on having knowledge so you can outsmart/have a better game plan than the enemy but some have really simple objectives, you just need fast reflexes.
>>
>>29904709

Samefag.

Post your Steam if you need some help with HoI4.
>>
>>29904683
Never played a GS game before. The other empires always ally and gang up on me. They're fucking bullies... ;_; I'm a robot even as a space emperor. I don't understand how normie empires get into alliances so easily.
>>
>>29904783

The AI in Paradox games is a douche.
>>
>>29904517
Become a speedrunning autist.
>>
>>29904783
Because the game was built that way and it's quite retarded, the AIs will always get into 2-3 super coalitions getting the game to be a stalemate pretty much, you have to expand early and gain enough territory that in late game you'll shit out resources to accomplish the wargoals before the other faction can react thus avoiding getting ganked up by the stacks of the coalition you can also try to form your own and always remember to not piss off the fallen empires still you are strong enough to beat everyone else, because they are stronger than all other AIs.
>>
play some fighting game, AI always sucks and its easy to play
>>
File: 1461639482659.jpg (7 KB, 113x92) Image search: [Google]
1461639482659.jpg
7 KB, 113x92
Who here /Victoria II/?
>>
>>29904517
The game
Also anti-shill block
>>
>too dumb for it
>also too dumb to explain how they're too dumb for it

Just wait to go through puberty. Maybe your brain will finish developing.
>>
>>29904894

Reminder that Pdx released a beta patch that improves the game last year. Just go to the game's propreties on Steam.
>>
Try to become the next PewDiePie/Markiplier/JackSepticEye
>>
>>29904826
It really is!
>>29904858
Hrm OK. I guess I should read up on how to win. I do try to expand super fast early and secure territory (and it is risky). The alliances seem super important too.
>fallen empires
Heh yeah one of them wrecked my shit up once. I kept taking planets near them and causing border friction. I didn't even notice they weren't even expanding and that they were so powerful I should really leave them alone.
>>
File: 1455917672730.png (46 KB, 171x169) Image search: [Google]
1455917672730.png
46 KB, 171x169
Racing games are simple at their core and require nothing but skill, practice, lots of precision, concentration and a little memory for the tracks, kinda like Touhou. Also some basic understanding of vehicle dynamics/balance. You may want to check out both. If you plan on competing online always stay away from public lobbies.
>>
>>29904975

I do not play this game, but I guess those fallen empires are like the city-state in Civ 5.

Also, post your Steam if you need help.
>>
if you really want to get into strategy start out with sid meier's alpha centauri, and master of orion 1+2. stellaris and civilization may look pretty but they are fucking garbage when it comes to diplomacy and player-AI fairness. civilization peaked around 3 and 4.

for games slightly more modern than those i recommend jagged alliance 2+1.13, heroes 3, rise of nations, age of mythology

if you really are too dumb to grasp shit like moving units and pressing more than one button- play CS:GO or overwatch
>>
>>29904783
>I don't understand how normie empires get into alliances so easily.
Wow.
You guys are pretty far gone.
You need to be able to stop thinking like this...
You're literally seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>29904975
>>29905034
fallen empires are what their name implies, lore wise empires that became so technologically advanced they lost the will to do shit, basically they just sit their asses on ringworlds that give them near-infinte resources, they have the most advanced tech in the game and usually have a 80k stack of ships, they literally don't do shit though, they don't even rebuild if they lose ships or worlds.

They will however be the angry granpas of the universe, there are 4 types of them, 1 hates you if you build near their lawn, so they will declare war on your for conquering worlds near them.

The second one acts as the SJW of the galaxy, if you enslave or purge other races and this kind of FE is near you they will declare war on you.

The third one is similar to the first, except that they don't care if you colonize near them but if you ever colonize a type of planet called "holy world" or tomb world, they will declare war on you.

The fourth and last are the hippies of the galaxy, if you develop dangerous tech like AI, telepath warp travel and all other tech with the "dangerous" warning and this FE is near you, they will declare war.
>>
>>29905162

The AI in Paradox games is absolutely unfair, and at the same time is completely primitive.
>>
>>29904569

I can only win on lvl3 so far. I just like dominating anyway. I'd probably get owned in deity or online competition.
>>
Counter strike obviously
>>
>>29905154
>>29905326
memeing retards, cs go is hard as fuck unless you play vs bots or some shit
>>
>>29905346
>b..but my fps skills!
Counter strike is only difficult if you have muscular dystrophy or something
>>
>>29905204
Ok! That's pretty cool that they have behaviors like that. The setting in this game is cool, that's what makes me keep playing it. There are nice touches like that.

I never tried slavery or genocide yet. I always gotta play as the good guys eh.

I see that the game has problems though. Seems like it's only possible to take a few planets at a time with each wars. Then there's a long cease fire. It takes way too long. Vassals don't count as your territory so they don't help you with that win condition. Dunno if genocide could help me deal with conquered space better. And sometimes enemy fleets just keep flying all around your territory and catching them takes years.
>>
>too dumb for DF
It's not that hard.
>>
play coh 2, main okw
its the perfect faction for you
>>
>>29904622
Lythero, is that you?
>>
>>29904517
Dwarf Fortress is easy. Just watch a tutorial.

The only hard part of DF is learning the UI, but the wiki is amazingly helpful. So if you can follow a wiki, you can master DF.
>>
>100+ hours put into FTL
>still can't beat the flagship on Normal

Stage 2 is such fucking bullshit. How can I win when they send a fucking attack drone into the fucking cockpit?
>>
>>29904517
Play EVE
It's super easy
>>
Any more games that take pure skill to master? And with a seemingly endless skill cap. Not strategy, not foresight, not management, just pure skill which involves fast reactions, weapon selection, etc.

Games I like that fit this criteria: Contra IV, Guitar hero, Dark souls (played with handicaps like zero armor, SL 1, shitty weapons, etc.), etc.?
>>
Fighting games
>>
File: 20160706141617_1.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160706141617_1.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
>play games since i can remember.. original cod, vanilla wow.. runescape blah blah.
>hs years really see that people are making great livings by playing games via either streaming or competing
>decide git gud
>sweaty, 50/50 mad basement dweller for years improving aim, movement ect.
>get to basically professional shooter level (a couple guys in my unpopular game of choice are apparently overwatch pro now.. peter im looking at you..)
>constantly realize i don't want that stress in my life.. over what..
really abstract feeltbhq being in the peak of skill of something
.. i think it's really neat at the top of -anything- there's actually no 'best' and it's just a collab of elites

>cant really make a living competing in shooters unless it's cs
>really don't like cs.. regardless of it being fantastic in many concepts

not sure where to go from here..
probably get a wagecuck job and start on my other passions
>>
play dawn of war you faggot
>>
>>29904517
COD any retard can play garbage
>>
>>29904517
Counter Strike GO. It's the most cancer mlg game out there and also the easiest.
>>
>>29904517
Roguelikes.
>>
>>29905346
once you have game sense for each map and can aim headshots quickly, game becomes piss easy at lower skill levels
>>
>>29906171
I play ToME today and suffocate in sandworm cave. Lucky have item revive but still trap wat do? Lucky again sandworm comes along just in time before run out of last healing spell. Got killed by lightning throwing rare tree who trap me with summoned shadows

then play AoE almost destroy last mission objective castle its 100hp or so when faggot knights appear and kill johanna i didnt save

Bla bla noone cares you gitgud personnel blog faggot
but um retarded play Neet all day evvery day pls kill myself
>>
>>29904517
Try Touhou
unless you also have shit tier reflexes you should be good
>>
I'd wish Blizzard would make a Warcraft 4 RTS.
>>
>>29904517
shooters, reflex games or rythm games there are plenty of choices
>>
>>29904517
Too dumb for dwarf fortress?
What

Impossible. There's literally nothing to 'playing' df, you can just sit there and watch your dwarves get mauled.

If you mean you're too dumb to do badass stuff in df, that's probably not true either. The controls are all on screen, you'll only take longer to do stuff at first because pausing.

Find yourself a place with a stream, no worse than 'untamed wilds', disable aquifers before genning the world (easy enough, google it) pick a 'warm' location, avoid cold, freezing, hot and scorching.

Make sure there are trees, flux, shallow and deep metals, no sinister or haunted areas overlapping, get underground immediately dismantle the wagon and stash your stuff in a big pile.

The hard part is over then. A lot of the game is habit and muscle memory.
Think of it like a really simple instrument.
>>
>>29904517
Play some babby shit like EU4.

It's not a babby game if you try to do the VH-Insane acheivements though.

Good beginner game then you can move up the ladder constantly in that game.
>>
>>29904517
Wanna see hardcore?

Play bioshock 2 multiplayer.
It's supposed to be a swipe at social darwinism, you start with super basic stuff while the seasoned players shark around the map and buttfuck you.

It winds up being immensely satisfying when you flip the table and start sharking people, but the early game is a bitch.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.