[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these weird spots showing up on my TV? I just want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: gta45.png (1001 KB, 715x755) Image search: [Google]
gta45.png
1001 KB, 715x755
Why are these weird spots showing up on my TV? I just want to play video games. But when I connect the xbox to the TV with an HDMI, all these weird spots show up. Can anyone help?
>>
When water gets really cold, it turns into hard water and GTA is a really cold place so that's what happened.
>>
your TV just got cancer, congratulations fuckface
>>
>>29903191

Those are dead pixels, nothing you can do.
>>
you shouldn't let your jizz congeal on your screen like that. wipe after every time ffs
>>
dead pixels?

i might be talking out of my ass but i'm going to assume when you watch regular tv, the resolution is lower than what you play the game at. try lowering the game's resolution to like 480p or some shit and see if it helps
>>
>>29903191
If you're referring to the small white dots everywhere, that's call artifacting, and it's a sign the GPU of your console is about to fail.

It can sometimes be cured by running your GPU at a lower clock or cooler temperature. Since you have a console, try to keep the room as cool as possible while playing. It may give you a little bit of extra life, but not much.

Essentially be prepared for a console failure in the very near future.

Sorry, anon.
>>
>>29903191
HDMI aids lick HDMI cable to clean it
>>
do you want to go bowling?
>>
>>29903191
dead pixels, your tv has cancer
>>
>>29904303
that looks more like dead pixels than gpu artifacts, i'd need to see a video of him playing though

if those dead spots don't move around then it's dead pixels, if the spots are going all over the place and changing color and shit, then its artifacts
>>
>>29903235
>>29904275

These are the only good answers.
The rest are just edgy shitposting summerfags who think they're funny.
>>
>>29904342
Oh shit, this guy's answer is good too.
>>
>>29904303
>>29904342

He said it only happens when he connect his xbox via HDMI........................................................................dot dot dot
>>
first glance looks like dead pixels everywhere.
but then the more you look at it the more it seems like some frankenstein artifacts.
>>
>>29904396
i'm not sure if that's what he meant. he didn't say if the same thing happens if he uses the RGB connectors

do you get those spots if you use the RGB cable OP?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.