[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'll never succeed so I won't bother trying Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1462061301319.jpg (115 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1462061301319.jpg
115 KB, 1024x904
>I'll never succeed so I won't bother trying

Why is this attitude so frowned upon by normies? For some people, it literally does make their life better if they don't try. When failure is a 100% guarantee and will have lasting effects, then why not try to avoid it by not trying?

>but if u don't fail u never learn!

Yes, I learn something, but it's too late and my failures have barred me from further opportunities in life while also adding humiliation and disdain from others. What a lesson I've learned there.
>>
>>29898914
>When failure is a 100% guarantee
here's the flaw in your argument
>>
>>29898920
How?

Original moot
>>
>>29898914
There is no "failure". There is only degeneration, stagnancy, or improvement.

The idea that you have a 0% chance to improve is ridiculous.
>>
>>29898914
Normies succeed 90% of the time, which means that failure is insignificant to them. They are blind to the truths of life, it's like you are trying to explain to the blind man what's color.
>>
>>29899339
Yes, there is failure.
When you don't succeed in something, you fail!
It is as simple as that.
>>
File: normiesBTFO!!!!.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
normiesBTFO!!!!.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
>>29899345

/thread

normalscum ride on easy mode
>>
>>29899345
>it's like you are trying to explain to the blind man what's color
said the blind man.

Have faith in life, it's the good option
>>
>>29899360
But that isn't how normies think. Did you make this thread to learn anything or not? Normies live in the moment. They see every second as either degeneration, stagnancy, or improvement. "success" or "failure" is irrelevant to them because it's either living in the past or worrying about the future, neither of which Normies do.
>>
>>29899380
Who is blind here? The one who knows the truths of life, or the one who ignores them because their life never requires them to find the truths in the first place?
Also, i can't have faith in life if it constantly betrays me.
>>
>>29898914
accepting that would invalidate their worldview
>>
>>29899399
They "live in the moment" because they almost always succeed. Failure is nothing to them because it doesn't affect them.
>>
>>29899421
Wut? The only way to succeed is to find the truths in life in the first place. That's how you become
>more handsome
>more comfortable in your own body
>more rational
>more social
>more successful (whoops there's that evil word "success")
etc.
>>
>>29899456
No they "live in the moment" because they are able to swallow their pride and accept their failures, unlike you.

To answer OP original question:
Everyone has massive failures. If you accept this fact then you won't wonder about Chad anymore.
>>
>>29899479
Three fundamental truths of life are as follows:
>1. There is no free will.
>2. Life is 100% luck based.
>3. Equality does not exist.
They can help you cope with reality, but won't make you successful.
>>
>>29899360
This. I had the same exact argument with my therapist last week. Told her she could dress it up however she wants, use as many pretty words as she'd like, but there are only two outcomes to an endeavor--success or failure, and I have been failing all my life.
>>
>>29899500
Who said i can't accept my failures. I can. Normies can do it easier because they are minimal.
Accepting failure is irrelevant to success. I have no pride in myself, so there's nothing to swallow.
>>
>>29899537
Female therapists are trash, they will judge you all the time.
>>
>>29899513
Ah, but there is free will, just not as much as you'd want. You only have two choices:
FEAR
After you choose this path you have no free will. You embark down a black winding road of degeneracy. It is possible to escape this path if at any point you choose
FAITH
After you make this choice you no longer have free will. You improve whether you like it or not. You will need to choose this path about several trillion times over the course of your life, because Fear will drag you down again and again.

It's funny, do robots think that Chad lives in a constant state of fear as well? If not, why don't they throw aside their own fear?
>>
people can't understand hopelessness because they never had a consecutive string of loss before.

what's the saying, "insane is attempting the same thing over and over and expecting different results" some shit like that. that doesn't hold a single drop of water IRL because you're expected to try over and over until you go insane or you didn't try.
that's a catch 22.
>>
>>29899546
It is prideful to say that you are "special" or "different from normies". Very, very prideful.
>>
>>29899600
Maybe try something else. What Einstein said is true. The catch 22 is all in your head.

Don't just stop trying. You have to try the OPPOSITE of what you were failing at before.
>>
>>29899579
The truth is, life is 100% luck based and out of our control.
Whether you're fearful or faithful, your success will entirely depend on the outside factors.
>nice analogy though
>>
>>29899608
I never said that i am special, i am objectively worse off than the normies. A proud man would never admit that and instead would say that he is the best.
>>
>>29899627
Einstein didn't say any bullshit motivational quote you're imagining, stop falling for chain emails or Facebook memes.
>>
>>29899627
it takes more than bullshit rhetoric to restore hope into someone who has lost a lot.

you're not understanding what losing hope does to a person.
>>
>>29899456
They fail, but they get validation and comfort and support in other areas of their life (like their social group and especially from their girlfriend/boyfriend). So the pain of failure is dulled.
>>
File: 8izKK9gxT.jpg (101 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
8izKK9gxT.jpg
101 KB, 1280x1600
>try
>fail
>try
>fail
>try harder
>fail again

>"you have to be positive and keep trying :)"
>>
Normies literally live on Sesame Street. Everything is bright and colourful, everyone is their best friend, and they make light of people living in trash bins while pretending not to notice the hands up their asses.
>>
>>29899712
That's right, but we robots get nothing but failure.
>>
>>29899645
>nice analogy though
Thanks. I have a personal anecdote that I'd like to type up if any of you robots would humor me.

>be me, fucked up toddler
>stuck my fingers up my ass to get back at parents for arguing
>give myself parasitic worms living in both intestines
>cured them but never felt right afterwards
Fast forward thru 18 years of crippling depression, I'm 21 now
>smoking weed to pinpoint and destroy my fear
>realize that the center of gravity of the "earth" I'm standing on is in front of me, so feels like I'm falling forward permanently
> realize I have to lean back
>I never wanted to lean back but now I'm fucking leaning back
>stop myself falling into the Abyss
>realize I feel like I still have worms in my small intestine
>it's probably just turds that I keep up there
>start releasing turds into my colon, feels good man
>realize my entire face and jaw is crooked
etc
This is what I mean by "improvement vs stagnation" as opposed to "failure vs success". Swallow your pride, swallow preconceived notions you have of yourself.

Also the only reason I was able to tell that I was perma-falling forward was because I was smoking with my brother at the time. Social interaction is crucial when it comes to pinpointing the source of your fears.
>>
>>29898914
People generally don't like cowardice or apathy in people because they're bad character traits.
>>
>>29899801
What if you can't fail at improvement. I've actually tried all the normie advice, ignoring the humiliation of Chad getting it better for not trying and i'm still a KHHV without any intimate experience.
>>
File: Eraserhead1.jpg (7 KB, 369x200) Image search: [Google]
Eraserhead1.jpg
7 KB, 369x200
I want to be a normalfag.
>>
>>29899887
>namefag
You're already are one by seeking attention like that.
>>
>>29899893
Nah, like going outside and shit is what I mean.
Also, detripping is something that is hard to remember to do, so I just gave up and tripped here too.
>>
>get forced into going to cognitive behavioral therapy
>guy just plays a shitty devil's advocate the entire time and tells me essentially to just do it, why wouldn't it work this time when i failed 9 times previously

this has the same efficacy as SSRIs too
>>
>>29899868
>>29899868
Put yourself in the position to be raped by an insane girl, that's what I did. It comes easier after that. Although it adds a lot of trauma obviously.

Here's some advice you probably haven't heard before.
Say you see a qt across the room.

She is 6 inches shorter than you, looks taller because of how hot and imposing she is, but put that aside for now. And she is 7 feet away.

THUS

The angle between your eye level is ~12 degrees. That is, you need to look down 12 degrees and she needs to look up 12 degrees to see you from that distance.

HOWEVER

The key to intimacy with anyone is closeness, right?

THUS

The closer two are, the more intimate they are.

NOW IMAGINE

This qt comes and stands right next to you.

THE ANGLE IS NOW 90 DEGREES

THUS

If you consider all people shorter than you to be 90 degrees below you no matter how far they are, it will improve your intimacy, even in public places. It will bring short people towards you and it'll make tall people feel respected and good.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.