[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Know people on this board and IRL who have abused cough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1463462161294.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1463462161294.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>Know people on this board and IRL who have abused cough syrup to get high off of DXM
>Get sick for the first time in months
>Decide to get some Wal-Tussin
>Down 8oz of the shit
>For the first 2 hours feel nothing
>Start to feel drunk without the shitty physical feeling you get when you're drunk
>All of a fucking sudden my scalp fucking itches like crazy
>The itching feels so fucking good I've never itched and felt like I should keep itching
>Stop for a second to feel what is the worst burning sensation I've felt
>Poke the skin on my arm
>It feels like it's on fire and knives are poking it
>Freak out and decide to go lay down
>All of a sudden entire body is bright red and feels like it's on fire
>The trip from the DXM starts to kick in
>I'm literally zoning in and out of my mind as I spend a couple minutes feeling on fire and then a couple of minutes in my head
>In my head I hallucinate a sexy pepe frog in an all white 2 piece pole dancing to this 100 flowers song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPDCzhXMlE
>The pepe strip is interrupted by hot and cold flashes
>Muscles are becoming so tight that body parts are starting to cramp
>Go in and out of these states for 6 hours
Why the fuck would anyone trip on cough syrup did I have an allergic reaction?! DXM was the only active ingredient btw.
>>
>>29898062
try taking a normal medicinal dose of diphenhydramine beforehand, it's an antihistamine that might help with the itch
Do some research and find out if you're actually allergic, don't take shit you're allergic to
Usually DXM is very comfy for me, I dunno what went wrong for you.
>>
something in that wal-tussin made me itch like fuck too. stick to delsym, robo dm, and robo caps.

t. experienced dexxer
>>
Itching is very common on DXM. Just lay back, put some good music on (it makes music 100x better - pretty much the best drug at this) and just zone out. You'll be back to normal in about 8 hours after you took it.
>>
Oh and it's common for you to have an "afterglow" or some weird effects the next day or two. Sometimes it feels like your brain is a bit fried, but it vanishes completely.
>>
>>29898062
My friend tried this and all he ended up doing was pissing out his ass for the entire night.
>>
>>29898224
>>29898236
I've been feeling brain fried since my trip has ended I'm glad it's temporary I thought I gave myself permanent brain damage.
>>
File: 1467444789253.png (48 KB, 781x707) Image search: [Google]
1467444789253.png
48 KB, 781x707
>>29898272
>pissing through his ass the entire night
GO ON AND TELL YOUR STORY I'M INTRIGUED
>>
>>29898287
It should go away after about 3 days at most. I haven't felt as fucked for days from anything other than DXM desu. The reduced weight feeling is cool though.
>>
600mg DXM and 6 grams of Guaifenesin had me puking my guts out, I've never tasted something so vile in my life. It was up in my nose. Got what I deserved, trying to get high on over the counter medications. For fucks sake man. Fell asleep after I puked it up too.
>>
>>29898487
I almost started puking in the beginning since I mixed it with sprite so the taste wouldn't be so fucking revolting. How come you didn't get a Cough Syrup with just DXM as the active ingredient 6 grams of Guaifenesin sounds fucking scary I can't imagine how bad the nausea had to be...
>>
>>29898062>>29898215

As someone who has never used psychedelics before but is trying to get into it, is cough medicine and shit a good place to start? What's the worst actual risk posed to me? I'm most concerned about going outside and running into a car or something while I'm high and not realizing what's happening.
>>
I hate it when DXM makes me all itchy. The more you scratch, the worse it gets. Get an anti-histamine, like Benadryl or something, and take it like an hour before you take the DXM. It'll help with the itchiness and nausea. It'll also make you trip harder, so be careful.
>>
>>29898550
I wasn't thinking clearly. I always got nauseous on syrup anyway, and I could never find any without menthol. Menthol makes me gag. I thought the pills would be easier and hoo boy was I wrong. Easier to get down, yeah. Impossible to keep. I knew it was going to happen, my stomach was churning and I was filled with a deep sense of foreboding, like I know I have to puke before this is going to get better but holy shit it's going to suck. It did too, took four or five good retches to empty the contents of my stomach. One of them didn't do anything, my insides were moving and contracting about for no real reason. Dissolved guaifensen, dxm and stomach juice filled my sinuses. That one was the worst of all.

For a small dose I think you'd be alright. I'd have to advise against it. It's probably the highest you'll ever get for three dollars to be fair. I don't ragret it, I'm simply not eager to repeat the experience. Stick to syrup.
>>
>>29898661
definitely do your research DXM can have different highs depending on the amount you ingest. I don't think you'll have any problems though like running around or doing weird shit. You'll mostly feel euphoric and get lost in your head maybe hallucinate.
>>
The itching is due to the histamines released by DXM. Take 2-3 of pic related next time and you won't feel it at all.

Haven't done it in years, but DXM is a fun drug. Very underrated.
>>
>>29898766

Forgot pic. Benadryl.
>>
>>29898062
Burning/itching is from the histamine release due to the opiod similarities of dxm. Take a benadryl.
>>
>>29898661
DXM is not a psychedelic like LSD or something. Its a disassociative. Use a dosage calculator, research the effects (some can be spooky if you don't expect them) and make sure you take a small allergy test dose (just over threshold) as some people don't have the right enzymes and get a 3 day trip instead of 8 hours.

If you start slow and work your way up, it will be safe. You are aware and won't do anything completely stupid like that at low doses and high doses incapacitate you too much to even get outside.
>>
File: 1467447268324.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467447268324.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>29898766
Do you guys know why I felt like I was on fire? I took Wal-Tussin and there's only two things I could think of that did it an active ingredient that wasn't listed specifically for people who abuse the drug or it raised my blood pressure so high that my body temperature went up along with the fever I had while I was sick. It wasn't just like it was on fire though it felt like whatever touched my skin instantly felt like it was getting stabbed and lit on fire.
>>
>>29898812
It's a side effect I also get on DXM. It's just your brain getting it's shit fucked up because your body is going numb. It could have also been anxiety. I always get the heat though,but not the itch. I'm sure it's just due to the fact it's an anasthetic
>>
File: 1468168809301.gif (101 KB, 460x405) Image search: [Google]
1468168809301.gif
101 KB, 460x405
>>29898846
Has it ever gotten bad enough where you needed to take off your clothes? I was curled up in a ball last night naked because it got so hot. Is it normal for that side effect to happen every time? Have you experienced it every time you've tripped?
>>
>>29898846
>>29898895
No, DXM releases lots of histamine, which gives you an allergic reaction. That makes your skin all red and itchy and you'll feel hot all over. I think it's because of DXM's structural similarity with opioids, which also release histamine. Just take some Benadryl beforehand and you'll feel fine.
>>
>>29898062
The skin burn sensation is highly common and it is why I initially decided the high itself was becoming less enjoyable and I should give it up. Not to mention the cognitive hangover.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.