[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't even enjoy video games, music, and hobbies anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1450793966519.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1450793966519.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>can't even enjoy video games, music, and hobbies anymore because depression

what's the fucking point
>>
Like, just stop being depressed bro
>>
>>29897410
do you want help or is this just a self pity thread?
>>
>>29897416
This board is at the point where this could either be a joke or completely genuine
>>
just go outside bro you will forget about it
>>
Choose to be happy.

You always have a choice, anon. :^)
>>
>>29897410
>>29897452

On a more serious note, are you on any meds OP?

Some medications can cause severe depression as a side effect. Stimulants can do this--especially low quality ones imported from India.
>>
>>29897424
Not OP but I'm in the same situation and I need help. I legitimately can't do anything but lurk on 4chan anymore.
>>
You need something to work towards, I used to think about killing myself everyday but ever since I started lifting and trying to better my life I can imagine a future where I'm happy instead of constantly dwelling on the past.

I'm still a completely friendless NEET but atleast I can hope that I won't be this way forever and my life will one day be worth living.
>>
File: 1443327200562.jpg (168 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1443327200562.jpg
168 KB, 1366x768
>>29897467
Well, I'm likely older than most of you. I had depression my whole life which started when I saw my mom die when I was 12. I couldn't do anything and my mood ruined my life.
I did pull myself out of it a few years ago, I did a few things and I don't know which of these did the trick, maybe it was all of them. But what worked for me might work for you

>fix your nutrition. start cooking with raw ingredients, stop eating microwave meals and other trash
>begin to exercise. I started cycling everywhere instead of using public transport
>tell yourself you're happy even if you don't want to. when I was far into my depression I realized that I WANTED to indulge in my sadness. I didn't want to be positive. you have to forcefully reverse this even if you feel stupid or don't want to
>fix your motivation. this was key for me, I couldn't bring myself to do anything. start small, force yourself to do little things like making your bed. eventually it will become easier to control yourself to doing bigger things, like any of the above
>try to do something every day which will improve the quality of your life. again, any of the above is a good start

Yes, I still feel pretty down sometimes. I have overlying problems with my life which simply fixing my attitude won't help, but so does everyone and some people manage to be happy regardless. Doing all of this is the only way I haven't killed myself yet, though.
Ask me anything if you want
>>
>>29897480

>just lift, brah

sick chadvice, dude.
>>
>>29897467

Are you taking any drugs? Including stuff like rx drugs, alcohol, whatever
>>
>>29897545
No, absolutely nothing.
>>
>>29897553

Hmm. How is your diet? Do you get enough vitamins and minerals?

A lot of people would suggest going to a psychiatrist. Back in the day I would've suggested that too. But now I wouldn't because I've learned how insanely unregulated the prescription drug industry is. It'd shock you.
>>
>>29897463
nothing at all

I just sit on 4chan all day even watching idly youtube feels like a chore
If I go to the gym I'll feel less depressed for about an hour afterwards but then back to the same. I don't even have an urge to fap anymore

it's either shitposting or staring at the ceiling on my bed
>>
>>29897410
The point is to conquer your depression. If your life didn't have direction before, it does now.
>>
>>29897609

It sounds like you have severe anhedonia. I've dealt with it on and off throughout life.

Is it like...you don't feel any pleasure at all?

Play a great video game...nothing

Have an "orgasm" (but not really because it just feels like peeing) ...nothing

Is it like that?
>>
>>29897609
>Gym more
>Look in the mirror
I'dDoMe.jpg
>Urge to fap comes back
>>
>>29897600
I only drink water and plenty of it, I don't eat fruit, I eat cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes almost every day.
Other than that I eat about 3 eggs a day, a couple of toasts of brown bread, and some canned tuna or other forms of meat.
I don't go outside, so that might give me a vitamin D deficiency, but other than that I don't think my diet is bad at all.
>>
>>29897621
I've been in a war with my depression for the past literally 5 years

I've literally done EVERYTHING they suggest. I could write a list but it would be an essay. aside from heavy meds that is. but it seems an increasingly likely option as I'm running out of time and options
>>
>>29897638
yes. everything is just another shade of grey.
>>
>>29897654
Sounds like you might have an actual chemical imbalance. Maybe those heavy meds are the way to go.
>>
>>29897410
I can't enjoy vidya anymore because I'm a poorfag living on NEETbux, this life is empty and every day I wake up knowing it will be exactly like the last: I sit around, shitpost, play the same game over and over again that my shit PC can barely run, then finally sleep for 10+ hours.

Being NEET would be great if you managed to get a nice PC first, other than that it is filled with emptiness. Give me a wageslave job over this anyday.
>>
If it's so pointless why do you faggots have to start these fucking threads about depression and remind me about how fucking shitty I feel with depression but don't talk about it to anyone.
Why don't you just suck it the fuck up like a man.
>>
>>29897742
seems like a good way to live in denial and then have a complete mental breakdown one day when the floodgates open. as has happened to me when I did the same
>>
>>29897480
You're pathetic. Just kys now and get it over with.
>>
>>29897696
>I wake up knowing it will be exactly like the last:
It's funny, I've been keeping a dream journal lately and I can recall my dreams better each night I have them, and it's like every time I wake up I write them down in my journal and just blink and boom it's night again and time to sleep again so i can write in my dream journal the next morning.
It's the only thing that gives me a sense of time and progression, without I'm sure I may as well have been 40 years old right now and not know it.
>>
>>29897410
I can't fucking eat more then quarter a portion anymore.
Otherwise I will start feeling incredibly sweaty, hot, sick and weak.
Dafuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>29897679

>Maybe those heavy meds are the way to go.

They're basically unregulated. The FDA doesn't test new generic versions of drugs that have gone off-patent. They just approve them based on the honor system, and it's been proven that drug companies intentionally fudge data for the sake of profits.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/12/03/expose-reveals-why-we-no-longer-trust-all-generic-drugs/

Pharmaceutical companies are basically glorified drug dealers.
>>
>>29897802
I'm Australian I think we have tougher regulations

when I went to the doctor the first time all the advice I got was about diet, vitamins, exercise etc. you either ask for anti depressants or they wait a long time to offer them
>>
>>29897761
how in the fuck is talking about it suppose to help?
>hey friendo, im in a financial jam think you could spot me some cash?
>hey friendo, im feeling a bit lonely think you could suck my cock?
what's the point of talking about it
>>
>>29897512
I think what they mean by lift, go outside or learn a new language is basically: take advantage of the feeling of satisfaction that often comes with self improvement and the slight feeling of hope that it might bring. When I started figuring out how jipjap worked, when learning it, just for one single moment, I just didn't feel depressed, and actually felt positive for once in the past 10 years.
>>
>>29897829
we're on a board of anonymous depressed NEETs, friend. This is exactly the place to vent about it
>>
>>29897829
I'll suck your cock if you pay me, and BAM, everyone's happy.
>>
File: lenny.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lenny.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>29897844
fuck that this board is a bad fucking joke about all that. fucking doesnt seem like theres no where to talk about shit just "memes" and other cliches
i'd really like to agree with you since you can still put your feelings into thoughts and havent developed into being full of negativity ready to lash out instead of doing anything productive and beating the shit out of yourself for it yet but how about fuck you cry baby
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.