[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone feel as though their capacity for kindness would be raised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: TV_MMMMM_3.gif (275 KB, 661x600) Image search: [Google]
TV_MMMMM_3.gif
275 KB, 661x600
Anyone feel as though their capacity for kindness would be raised significantly simply if they were female?
Not because the whole "women are nicer, etc." meme, but rather, because it's so hard to be nice when I'm picturing myself as what I am, which is a man. However, if I picture myself in my mind as a young, attractive female, being nice suddenly becomes something I don't actually have to force. Not to mention, kindness actually feels like something that wouldn't be welcome (and maybe kind of awkward) when coming from me, but coming from a girl, it'd be more than welcome.

So to put it short, I've essentially had to go around for 4 years imagining myself as a loli in order to be liked by those around me, and in turn, by myself.
>>
>>29896460
are you feminine looking at all? being kind isn't something a man should have to worry about in the first place, plenty of people are mean as fuck and still successful and popular
>>
>>29896460

Yes.
Males can't cry or show emotions.
Or at least, you can, but you'll look like a sweaty pice of trash not strong enought to hold on your life. No exeptions.

Males are made to be robots. senseless and dead inside, made with an axe. I don't even know how to feel about that.
I'm kinda disappointed, but that's how stuff works.
>>
>>29896601
>>29896615
Trust me, I have thought about these things VERY often in my life.
To me, it seems that we've been forced 100% into the role of war machine.
I used to be saddened greatly by it, but now I just accept that it's something I have to do. I fill the role by being intimidating, imposing, violent, etc. more often than not.
I'm really not certain how I feel about it, but I'm not really supposed to feel anything about it, I suppose.
>>
Jesus was very nice
Your brain is rotten if you admit only being able to express yourself through memes
>>
>>29896686
I know it's rotten. The only thing is, I honestly don't remember if it's rotten because of myself or because of others.
When I was younger, I would confide in men far more than women and found nothing wrong with men expressing emotion and kindness, but as the years went on, I was taught that it was wrong and I was never able to forget it.
>>
File: 1467929806599.jpg (948 KB, 2860x1948) Image search: [Google]
1467929806599.jpg
948 KB, 2860x1948
>>29896673

>I'm really not certain how I feel about it, but I'm not really supposed to feel anything about it, I suppose.

Well, yeah. It's just something that you can't pick. And it probably feels strange because as humans we're used to feel like we're the masters of our life.
You can not like it, but it's how it is. From time to time, I wish I was a gal.
>>
>>29896460
I'm male and display of emotion pisses me off, so yeah, probably.
>>
>>29896725
Jeez anon, holy shit you sound pathetic. I mean wow, kill yourself
>>
>>29896725
>i was taught it was wrong
Having compassion and showing kindness are two very different things. Who could fault you for being a good person?
>>
>>29896885
Are they?
I always assumed they were essentially two sides of the same coin.
>>
>women
>kind
>nice

Yeah, that'll be the day
>>
>>29896460

You don't have to look a certain way on the outside to be kind on the inside. You're too caught up on appearances.
>>
>>29897015
That's exactly what I think. 70% of women I've met have been very rude to me and others with little to no causation. However, I can't shake this mindset.

>>29897050
I very much am, unfortunately. Wish it weren't the case any longer
>>
>>29896903
I think he meant to say having compassion and showing kindness is different from being a whiny bitch.
>>
>>29897082
>However, I can't shake this mindset.
Because you're a male and it is in our genes to naturally see females in a favourable light. We, after all, go to the ends of the earth just to make them smile. You likely picture yourself as a loli because they are essentially the ultimate male projection of kind, sweet, cute and lovable.

People see in others what they want to see, not what is actually there.
>>
>>29897109
>being a whiny bitch
Please describe this for the rest of us.
>>
>>29897109
Never was whiny myself. I didn't talk about myself at all, really. I was simply kind to others.

>>29897123
I suppose so. Maybe it'll be possible to abandon that process at some point to be able to see myself in a better light.
>>
>>29897160
>Maybe it'll be possible to abandon that process at some point to be able to see myself in a better light.
It will probably take years of effort to do so. These deeply rooted beliefs of yourself don't crumble easily because without thinking about it you naturally take actions to protect them.
>>
>>29897191
Maybe so, but I'll probably try my best to at least chip away at it for the next few years or so. I've got nothing but time.
>>
>>29896460
I do feel like women get to be freer and more expressive with their emotions, while men can really only express anger or hostility, but to me that feels like a drop in the bucket. The only way I really get to experience the caring and compassionate side of myself is by a nearly total disconnect from reality, and it's impossible to function as an even semi-independent adult under those conditions.

I really miss that part of me.
>>
>>29897275
I really feel you, man. Worded it better than I could.
>>
File: 1457682648541.jpg (108 KB, 417x639) Image search: [Google]
1457682648541.jpg
108 KB, 417x639
>>29897275
When I was younger I used poetry as a means to express my emotional side, cliche as it sounds. Eventually became jaded by it as ultimately it was an attempt to communicate feelings that can't really be discussed in a meaningful way and drove myself away from it all after slowly growing more and more distant from other writers. I've had works published in the past but it felt so empty. Praise for pretty words that no further connected myself with my emotional self in a manner which I could really reach others with and open up dialogue.

>is by a nearly total disconnect from reality, and it's impossible to function as an even semi-independent adult under those conditions.
I feel you. Life feels as though for males that we either exist as mechanised beings for practical functions with practical, reactive emotions, or we exist as something that is viewed upon as broken and in need of being fixed.

It wouldn't be all that surprising is your sentiments were shared by many anons. We predictably interact like troops of chimpanzees verbally tearing each other apart and seemingly finding enjoyment in exploiting perceived emotional weakness yet under all that is a general site wide appreciation of, well, cute little 2D girls. There has to be some sort of connection there. Appreciation isn't something external, it stems from traits we enjoy for personal reasons and a group of cunts who genuinely are cunts and would rather exist as full time territorial chimps, wouldn't appreciate "cute" things. Where in natural selection stems this emotional yearning men seem to have against all odds, I wonder.
>>
>>29897215
>I've got nothing but time.
A plan of action and realistic steps are vital or else you'll end up using the time to reenforce those warped views about yourself, talking from experience.
I'd wish you the best of luck but luck isn't what we need, it's what we needed prior to conception. I know desperation can have a powerful effect on taking action. Not the ideal stimulus I guess.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.