[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do open relationships work? Has anyone been in a successful and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: thoove.png (568 KB, 630x807) Image search: [Google]
thoove.png
568 KB, 630x807
Do open relationships work? Has anyone been in a successful and happy relationship with a girl who's also fucking somebody else on the side?

I can't say the idea appeals to me at all, and I wonder if that's because I have an old-fashioned or dissonant viewpoint on what relationships are.

I openly admit that I'd be jealous of whoever she might be sleeping with, but is that so wrong? Is it wrong to assume fidelity and exclusivity in modern relationships?
>>
>Do open relationships work?
Of course they do, me and my wife have had one for years. Instead of having to cheat she can just get it out of her system when she has the urge to be with another man. It has also given my wife's son and I time to bond while she is out on a date :).
>>
most of the 'open' relationships i've seen have seemed extremely barren, emotionally. disengaged from their primary partners and others, and void of any meaningful communication and such. if all you care about is sex and the financial aspects of commitment, i guess I get it, but if you want intimacy, I think it's impossible to have adequately intimate relationships with more than one person at a time.
>>
>>29895761
A relationship is pretty much nothing without the investment of monogamy. You might as well just be fuckbuddy roommates. Open-relationshipsfags will try to play it off as "mature", but really it's shows a weakness - being convinced that they can't really stop themselves or more likely their spouse from cheating.
>>
I genuinely do not understand the point of an open relationship.

The whole concept of a relationship is someone you're committed to. If you're fucking other people on the side it defeats the whole purpose. At that point you're just frequent fuckbuddies.
>>
>>29896112
The way you put it makes sense. And I've heard opens call it progressive and mature before, but haven't understood why exactly. Thanks, anon.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.