[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you imagine how comfy it would be to die on a trek up Mount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Dead_body_Mount_Everest4.png (176 KB, 627x470) Image search: [Google]
Dead_body_Mount_Everest4.png
176 KB, 627x470
Can you imagine how comfy it would be to die on a trek up Mount Everest?

Go alone, never come back. Hide yourself away, in a place nobody will ever find. You will be forgotten forever.
>>
>>29894215
>in a place nobody will ever find

you know that everyone who clims the mountain sees all the dead, permanently frozen bodies, right? You'd become a freak horrorshow warning for those who try to succeed where you failed.
>>
>>29894314
>location uncertain

these guys probably hid themselves away

also do you have to be put on this list? what if I just got gear and went without telling anyone

just for the record I am not thinking of killing myself, I just think it would be a comfy way to die
>>
>>29894351
>got gear and went without telling anyone
it is 100% certain suicide to climb everest alone. People climb in teams because they must climb in teams or else they, uh, die.
>>
>>29894377
>it is 100% certain suicide to climb everest alone
d-did you even read the op

and why is it so dangerous btw? Is it too hard to carry everything you need up by yourself? Is it too hard to bring and use gear or something?
>>
>>29894422
>why is it so dangerous
because it is a 2-week-long, 6-mile high climb that is colder than a freezer set to maximum. You have to climb straight up a distance longer than you could probably run, it takes weeks to do it, there is no oxygen up there, and if you bring water with you and don't use your body heat to keep it warm, it just freezes.

I'm a little taken aback that you can't comprehend just how severe of an undertaking it is, it's like you think it's just a chilly day hike where you can bring clif bars and a camelbak and the only reason people die up there is because like maybe they tripped or something.

anyway, you probably would dlie about 10% of the way up if you tried to go alone, and you would become the most hilarious dot on the death map for all of eternity. Schoolchildren would learn of the foolish internet man who thought that mount everest would make a keen spot to hide his own corpse.
>>
>>29894215
You're going to be forgotten anyway, so why not kill yourself at home?
>>
>>29894521
>anyway, you probably would dlie about 10% of the way up if you tried to go alone, and you would become the most hilarious dot on the death map for all of eternity. Schoolchildren would learn of the foolish internet man who thought that mount everest would make a keen spot to hide his own corpse.
you know anon, I wasn't even seriously considering going until you said this, but now I want to go just to prove you wrong. I am stronger than you think I am, and I bet I can go, and I bet I can survive. I am NOT going to let you bully me like this.
>>
There are literally worlds of mountains out there and you chose one of the most crowded one to hide and die in?

Just pick another mountain.
>>
>>29895420
>Just pick another mountain.
but I want to die on the peak so I can directly ascend
>>
>>29894215
not only does it kill normies, but kills rich normies

(costs like $45,000 for a pass to get on the mountain)
>>
>>29895508
>a pass to get on the mountain
wtf

are there guards or something
>>
>Mount Everest
>comfy
u wot
>>
>>29895562
maybe you should do some reading first?
I suggest start with wikipedia's Everest page
>>
>>29894215
I will destroy Mount Everest
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C1ecbTgJdw

there's tons of mountains to die on, OP
>>
>>29895562
You have to get to the mountain by flying to China and then Nepal
>>
>>29895742
Nah, you can walk up through India. I know, my grandma went to base camp before, and she definitely didn't spend 45k

That is the stupid white person price I think, probably because they pay it every time. There are clearly other ways, cheaper ways
>>
>Travel to Mt Everest to peacefully freeze
>Get brutally disemboweled by a yeti
>>
>>29895768
From what I understand there's some conflict between China and Nepal, if you don't have certain documents or pass through a certain way you'll get deported or have to travel up the much more dangerous poor man's route
>>
>>29895508
I wouldnt call some of them normies
>>
>>29895836
>conflict between China and Nepal
does this have to do with the Tibetan shit? I don't know if Nepalese care about Tibet

and the Dalai llama is Tibetan... I think

idk China is kinda a bully to all the countries it borders I guess that makes sense it's having problems

but yeah the india route can't be that dangerous, my grandma is a 70 year old woman with cancer, she can't walk too well, and she could still make it to at least boot camp, in fact I think there's probably roads up there. but yeah the big cost must be some kinda rich person package that includes a guide, all the gear, and a bunch of shit
>>
>>29894377
>>29894422

Look up David Sharp, 2006 Everest Expedition

"Sharp was climbing with a "bare-bones" package from Asian Trekking which does not offer support higher up the Mountain"

Got into trouble near the top, ton of climbers passed him, up then down, still alive and since he was solo, the left him to die

There is a book about it and a documentary

Lots of climbers go solo, the cost savings is enormous, the possibility of disaster are also enormous

https://youtu.be/8eW6ifxuVFY
>>
Nah, that'd be awful. Have you ever been truly freezing cold at the early stage of hypothermia? It hurts down to the bone all over. There's nothing comfy about it. Your death won't be the same as laying down and going to sleep. Your shit just stops working while you ache all over and then pass out to die.
>>
>>29896471
Well, let's agree to disagree. I think that sounds comfortable.
>>
>>29896634
>take sleeping pills
>fall asleep while freezing
>never wake up
Perfect plan. Now do it anon, godspeed.
>>
>>29896471
As someone who almost died in roughly this scenario (different mountain), it wasn't all that bad.
Granted my nerves are pretty fucked up but hypothermia seems like the nicest way to go.
Especially compared to fucking up taking pills, which people easily can. Spending your last days in a hospital with broken organs would be pretty fucked.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.