[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do companies actually bother to do a full background check?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: goat-pictures-314.jpg (135 KB, 550x671) Image search: [Google]
goat-pictures-314.jpg
135 KB, 550x671
I've been trying to get a job for a while and nothing works because my town uses job application forms that "legally" force you to check the box if you have a criminal record. It's basically a degenerate filter, and I need to get past it.
This is all I need to know:
>do companies go for a full background check if you don't check it
>what happens if they do check but I lied
>what happens if they check, I lied, but I'm already hired.
(like I let something fishy slip and they decide to investigate)
>will my parole officer get in touch with my boos to make sure I checked the degenerate filter?

I guess that's about it
>>
File: 1465624296758.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1465624296758.png
191 KB, 273x391
>>29892775
If you lied, and they know, you're DONE. OUT.
If you lied, are hired, and found out, TERMINATED.

Just be honest if it's anything above a fast food job. Have a fun story if you can.

Good luck.
>>
>>29892838
damn might as well get my face all tatted up like they used to do with criminals
>>
>>29892895
you might survive. I have some priors (including theft), and as long as you can tell the related story with confidence and express that you're changed/changing, you still have a shot.

I'm drunk and optimistic though.
>>
>>29893047
you're right, we're all gonna make it in the end.
>>
Your fault for having a criminal record

You'll never amount to anything anymore desu imo just end it
>>
File: 1465334171469.gif (262 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1465334171469.gif
262 KB, 853x480
>>29893183
shit happens.

hope it happens to you, so you get to know.
>>
>had an interview a month ago
>No feedback

What did i do to deserve being in this constant game of ping pong from being confident and feeling like shit
>>
>>29893420
You were born. It really fucking sucks these days, even if you have a decent resume.
>>
>>29893420
this pisses me off so much too.
>I fill out their shitty little form
>waste my time and money going to the interview
>basically have to embarrass myself for their amusement
all that and the niggers can't even give a 30 second courtesy call back, what the fuck happened to decency.
>>
>>29893526
4 months. Over 30 applications I put in didn't even send rejections. Seriously.

>Sorry, we're hiring someone else.
>Oh, okay. Thanks.

too fuckin easy.
>>
>>29892775
>background check

There's various levels of background check:

1. The cheapest (and hence most common) goes through a consumer credit reporting agency, and by law, that only goes back 7 years.

For a positive, the name, social security number, and date of birth you give your employer must match the name, social security number, and date of birth on what's stored with the consumer reporting agency, and that is from the police report. (Some people get lucky and their name misspelled, social is off, or the date of birth wrong on the report, thus the charge won't show as a match.)

2. For a mid-level check, the company also hires a person to go to the county courthouse to see if your name matches any court records. This picks up stuff that won't show on a consumer credit reporting agency, like charges that were dropped, arrests with not guilty findings, diversion programs, and stuff beyond 7 years.

Of course, any out-of-county or out-of-state records won't show up (that's why some employers ask if you've moved recently, so they can check your old county or state), and again, your biographical data must match to get a hit.

3. Finally, there's the fingerprint check, which pulls everything from the FBI's NCIC database, which points to all the state convictions you have nationwide, even if you changed names. However, low-level charges where no fingerprints were provided at your arrest (i.e. you were given a summons or promise to appear) do not show up as this check is indexed by fingerprint.

So, depending on the company, time, and luck, you may pass even with charges, and even with convictions on those charges.
>>
>>29893759
you think you could just lie if you've moved recently? Especially, say, cross-country to get a new start.
>>
Always lie

If you tell the truth they will pay for you to be tested when otherwise they won't
>>
my mom's company delayed her hiring by two weeks because service the company used to verify applications had a hard time verifying her college background, since she went to school in china
>>
File: 1456129641844.jpg (14 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
1456129641844.jpg
14 KB, 291x200
>>29893759
Thank you anon that's very informative
>MFW they can potentially see charges that were dropped too
Might be time to end it after all
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.