[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want be a single dad, Idk why but I just do, I think I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1466799810352.jpg (606 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1466799810352.jpg
606 KB, 1024x683
I want be a single dad, Idk why but I just do, I think I could be a very good dad, I'd probably be the type of parent that would feed my kid organic food read him/her Philosophy as a baby, push him/her to the highest potential they can accomplish and so forth, I would be a very attentive and nurturing parent, but I also feel a spouse would only make life hard, I mean relationships are already hard, trying to satisfy a partner's needs and dealing with their crap all the while trying to be a good father is hard that I find it easier to cut out the middle woman and focus on my career and a good life/future for my child.

Anyone else share the same feel?
>>
No. I do not share this feeling at all.
>>
I am a single dad, so...
>>
>>29892676
What kind of dad are you?
>>
File: anakinhue2.jpg (11 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
anakinhue2.jpg
11 KB, 341x339
>>29892676

man you're one pathetic loser
>>
>>29892699
I like to think I'm a good dad. At the very least I'm a trying dad.
>>
>>29892749
Do you take care of your child most of the time or does your mom/sister/etc help you?
>>
>>29892606
Men and women used to get married for a reason. While men can be good with children a man's role is provider while a woman's role is nurturer.

If you are a single dad you would probably not have time to adequately nurture your child and provide for them at the same time, unless you happened to be rich or something like that.

I also don't know if they let men adopt children due to the risk of pedophiles.
>>
>>29892793
I had her young so used to have help from both my parents. Now though I'm independent and take care of her solely on my own. I've thought about maybe finding a mom for her, but no luck.
>>
>>29892851
Does your daughter walk or is she still in baby mode?
>>
>>29892896
More than that, she's 8 and fast becoming self reliant. Already she cooks for us, and walks herself home from the bus.
>>
>>29892851
>her
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>29892928
Aww that's cute, how was your experience when you first dropped her off at school?
>>
>>29892994
I was still in school myself so I didn't get to be there. Kind of regret it, I'd loved to have hugged and kissed her goodbye after walking her in.

Then again I'd probably also wait in the parking lot till she got out.
>>
>>29892797
Yeah, you're probably right but I still think it be more fullfilling if I'd mold my child into someone of amazing caliber without the probability that the mother wouldn't be awful or take him/her away from me out of spite.
>>
>>29893089
Single fathers are statistically 10000x better. She lucked out.
>>
>>29893066
Is she a handful or docile?
>>
>>29893269
Neither? I wouldn't use either word to describe her. I said she's getting more self reliant, but she's also old enough where she's starting to get interests, and is becoming like my best friend that we hang out all the time and do everything together, but she's also my daughter.
>>
>>29893399
Have you ever had to disciple her or was she aware of right/wrong?
>>
>>29893458
We had a problem when she was younger because the age gap between us is relatively small, that if she cried or caused a scene in public it would get us into trouble with people thinking I'd abducted her or something. Trying to conventionally discipline her just made matters worse, so pretty quickly she learned about right and wrong and how to behave properly, and when to listen to me or do what I say.

I think it's becoming less a risk as we both get older, but she has that respect for me now that it wouldn't be a problem to begin with. If she does anything bad now, we can talk about it.
>>
>>29893516
Do you worry when you think of how she could develop in her teens or do you think you've laid a good parental groundwork that as she grows you never have to worry because she is intelligent?
>>
>>29893606
I can only hope man. I try to do my best and teach her things like self respect and awareness, and don't coddle her and help her to handle problems on her own and be responsible. At the end of the day all I can do is hope that's enough, paired with her own smarts and responsibility.

No matter what though, the older she gets the more my worry grows. At the very least I try to keep that from affecting things.
>>
>>29893066
>I was still in school myself
Just how old were you when you got her?
Are you one of those turbo chads who got laid at the age of 12? In that case I'm glad you got a child and it made your life more difficult, even if you deluded yourself into thinking it was all worth it
>>
>>29893657
Has she ever asked about her mother and ask about what went down or does she just gloss over it?
>>
>>29893734
I was 13 by the time she was born so you're mostly right. I don't know about Chad though, I was just a shy, quiet kid that got taken advantage of by a lot older woman.

>>29893756
I'm pretty honest with her about her mother so she knows the details, and I think she's nearing an age where she can understand what was wrong with the situation and the age difference between us. She still asks about getting a mother from time to time though. I'd like to be able to give that to her, but I also wonder if she "wants a mom" just for my sake rather than hers, so I'm not alone. She's always trying to make me happy and proud, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was her reasoning, she doesn't want me to stay single forever.
>>
>>29892606
i get what you're saying, you just want to raise your kid in peace, no trouble, just having a loving dad/kid relationship. but the problem is, you literally (not figuratively) cannot do this. not enough time in the world. you have to work. you have to make money. you cannot do this while raising your kid. that's why fathers work and women home. if it were possible, fathers would work and raise their kid. but it isn't. women are useful only for birthing.
>>
>>29893949
Does she encourage you to date or she doesn't understand that stuff fully yet?
>>
>>29894003
Bingo, but what can you do
>>
>>29894154
She does encourage me to date, she even tries to set me up with women she knows or we meet. She even sort of jokingly knows what sex is to some extent, and says she wants me to make her a sibling.
>>
>>29893949
>shy
>got taken advantage of by older women

How? I'm legitimately curious how that happened "a lot", anon
>>
>>29893949
Are you and your kid white?
>>
>>29894498
Aww it's nice that she tries to look out for her dad, do you dread the whole birds and the bees conversation or are you just gonna let the middle school sex ed teachers take care of it?
>>
>>29894516
She was my volunteer supervisor and we ended up together a lot, alone most of the time. I'm not sure what she saw in me that she thought was worth going underage for, but she was the full initiator. I was too scared to do anything, let alone be Chadly.

>>29894563
We both are yes, so is her mother.

>>29894692
I don't really dread it. I don't look forward to it, but I'm not worried. She already sort of understands the rough gist of it I think, that a man and a woman kiss and do something in bed together with their clothes off, and that's where babies come from. Basically any questions she ever has or asks, I try to be as honest as I feel is appropriate rather than make stuff up.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.